Listening to Doug Marrone is like listening to nothing at all

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see posters comparing Coach Marrone's answers to Bill Bellyache and Pop. While it is true that Coach Marrone gives about the same amount of information, it just takes about 10 times the amount of time to say it and hundreds more words. Not criticizing, just making an observation.

He did say something interesting in one interview on Buffalo bills.com I watched yesterday. He was asked that since Jordon played for the Bears, would he try to get intel from him. Coach Marrone responded that he didn't do that and he only brought Jordon to see if he could help on the field. Then he said it would be disrespectful to Jordon to ask him about it.

Is he lieing or is he just blowing an opportunity? Bill Bellyache and Tom Landry would ask.

He did say something interesting in one interview on Buffalo bills.com I watched yesterday. He was asked that since Jordon played for the Bears, would he try to get intel from him. Coach Marrone responded that he didn't do that and he only brought Jordon to see if he could help on the field. Then he said it would be disrespectful to Jordon to ask him about it.

Is he lieing or is he just blowing an opportunity? Bill Bellyache and Tom Landry would ask.

I didn't watch the interview but based on the quotes I saw from it it sounded to me like he was saying that it would be disrespectful to Jordon if that was the reason he brought him in, not that he wouldn't take advantage of his knowledge once he's here. A fine distinction, but one none-the-less.

I found the video...Its so funny cuz the reporter is saying that the GM said the Bills are a playoff contender yet you have a bad backup. It starts at the 3 minute mark. He is so funny.

http://www.buffalobi...1b-09c6aa5d5b55

Thanks for posting, I loved how he patronized Jerry Sullivan in answering him at the 2:55 mark. Jerry tried to paint him into a corner about what Marrone had already said about being unhappy with backup QBs.

Professional, yet disrespectful to Sully in front of his peers... I could almost hear Sully's blood boiling.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

I love the guy, actually love his entire staff -it's the best position to win we've been in 15 years. This time of the year is tough because we want to base opinions off the pre season and you can't fairly do it. He's a younger Parcels and we will win this year - mark it down and relax.

I like it.

I didn't watch the interview but based on the quotes I saw from it it sounded to me like he was saying that it would be disrespectful to Jordon if that was the reason he brought him in, not that he wouldn't take advantage of his knowledge once he's here. A fine distinction, but one none-the-less.

Yeah, sounds like you might be right about this. There is a quote about it in this article:

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrSbneQXP9TB5YARaJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzajJmN3FoBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDUwOF8x/RV=2/RE=1409273104/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.syracuse.com%2fbuffalo-bills%2findex.ssf%2f2014%2f08%2fjay_cutler_worried_jordan_palmer_bears_bills_week_1.html%3ftwo-bills-drive/RK=0/RS=P.zqgjACsRnXNnlNt6iK6H3w1v0-

Despite any paranoia coming out of Chicago, Palmer is wrapped up in learning the Bills' playbook for the preseason finale. Bills coach Doug Marrone insists Palmer's familiarity with Chicago wasn't a reason for bringing him in.

"No, but I do have a lot of respect for Marc Trestman and Aaron Kromer that they’re good coaches and they do a good job," Marrone said. "I know he was coached well, from that standpoint. I’m not part of that, ‘Hey, let’s bring the guy in and get information and things like that.’ I think that’d be very disrespectful to Jordan if I did that, honestly."

I loved the guy last year, as another under the radar Chip Kelly type. Then all the miscues, mistakes, and in particular the mishandling of the replacement for LG Andy Levitre. Marrone was a supposed O line guru! Just like Chan Gailey was a supposed QB guru.

Quite frankly I'm sick of supposed hires, and want a coaching staff that can field a winning team. I don't envision a winning season with this staff. Just a fans opinion.

and you want it immediately ....not that easy

• 2 weeks later...

Via the Boston Globe:

Question
: Is Brady's injury a concern, can it heal quickly, or will it be something you'll have to manage?

Belichick
: "We've listed it on the report like we're required to do."

Question
: Are there any doubts that Brady will be able to start Sunday's season opener at Miami?

Belichick
: "We'll list it today, we'll see what happens today. We'll list it the way it is today."

Question
: Do you expect Brady to practice today?

Belichick
: "We'll list what happens."

Question
: How did the injury occur?

Belichick
: "We've done everything we're required to do. We've listed the injury, we'll continue to list it, and we'll list the status based on what the requirements of the league are, just like we do with every other player.