Beatles Mash-Up Medley: over 40 Beatle songs all

Grant

Did you actually listen to it?

As a huge Beatles fan, I think this is probably the best Beatle remix (and there's a lot out there) that I've heard.

219874[/snapback]

Sorry, did not mean to be rude...I started listening, and was unmoved...I hate re-mixes in general, and find no need for the words Beatles and "re-mix" to co-exist.

Probably an age thing. I work part time in a record store (have worked in record stores for about 20 years) and I find the popularity of remixes really depressing. The Beatles, to me, are one of the only pure things left, to re-mix them is just silly. At the risk of outing myself of being an old geezer, re-mixes do one of two things, sometimes both at the same time: #1- they strip the element of music out of a (sampled) song, and #2- they make "techmology" the star, not the song! To me, when you do that, it is treading a very fine line. I realize there is some talent involved...it is just not something I can't really appreciate. It leaves me cold! "What the world needs now, is songs, new songs!" The more of a role technology plays, the more the art of song writing is suffering.

I wouldn't expect you to agree, just my point of view. I probably wouldn't have responded to your post, initially, if I had thought about it a second longer...

Cheers!

Sorry, did not mean to be rude...I started listening, and was unmoved...I hate re-mixes in general, and find no need for the words Beatles and "re-mix" to co-exist. 

Probably an age thing.  I work part time in a record store (have worked in record stores for about 20 years) and I find the popularity of remixes really depressing.  The Beatles, to me, are one of the only pure things left, to re-mix them is just silly.  At the risk of outing myself of being an old geezer, re-mixes do one of two things, sometimes both at the same time:  #1- they strip the element of music out of a (sampled) song, and #2- they make "techmology" the star, not the song!  To me, when you do that, it is treading a very fine line.  I realize there is some talent involved...it is just not something I can't really appreciate.  It leaves me cold!  "What the world needs now, is songs, new songs!"  The more of a role technology plays, the more the art of song writing is suffering. 

I wouldn't expect you to agree, just my point of view.  I probably wouldn't have responded to your post, initially, if I had thought about it a second longer...

219884[/snapback]

Ah, well, I can understand not liking remixes very well. I typically don't like techno or that sort of music at all, but I do tend to enjoy things like this - because every bit of this Mash Up is something that the Beatles recorded (meaning, there isn't any sort of drum machine or made up beat), it's just creatively organized in a way to make it sound like something entirely different.

But I agree it's not for everyone.

I tend to feel the same way.As a guitarist of 35 years who cut his teeth on the Beatles music,why screw with the intentions of the artists? The remix may sound good,but it's a bit like spray painting over a Rembrandt.

219911[/snapback]

I don't think that's a very sound judgment.

I can see where you're coming from, certainly, but I don't think the remix is in anyway disrespecting the Beatles work at all.

The remix isn't trying to replace the Beatles catalog nor is it trying to gain anything from it. It's not a sham. It was just a fan (who probably had A LOT of time on his hand, but that's not the point) who did something creative.

Spray painting over a Rembrandt ruins the original painting, and is a huge sign of disrespect. Mixing together different Beatle songs is more of a tribute than anything.

http://www.boingboing.net/2004/12/29/incre..._beatles_m.html

This is somewhat old news, but it's still really cool and I doubt a lot of you have heard of this.  Just click on the link and then click on any one of the different downloading sources and listen to it!

It's pretty neat, I think.

219789[/snapback]

Page wouldn't open but I did get lost in the Suicide Girls link (SG)...ouch...

Page wouldn't open but I did get lost in the Suicide Girls link (SG)...ouch...

220064[/snapback]

There's twelve different download locations. See those links next to the red Update things? Click on one of those.

There's twelve different download locations. See those links next to the red Update things? Click on one of those.

220364[/snapback]

Gotcha....love the Beatles, didn't care for the rremix though...Thanks.