C.J. Spiller's Value in Fantasy Football

johnwalter

I have a PPR fantasy draft coming up in the next few days and I'm giving Spiller a look as a late 3rd round, early 4th round option. Last year, I stayed away from Spiller (top-5 was just too high for the kid), but this year, he's going around pick 34 - which seems like good value, especially in a PPR format.

My worry is that he'll score < 5 TDs because Hackett will play either Dixon or Freddy once the offense gets down to the redzone. Spiller has looked hot in the preseason, but he hasn't stayed in the games long enough to determine whether he'll get a share of the redone carries, so my question to you is (especially for those of you who attend training camp at John Fisher)...

Has Spiller been taking redzone reps in training camp, or are all carries beyond the 10-yard line given exclusively to Boobie and Freddy?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to SJF at all but I think CJ is a nice value in FF this year. The touchdowns will come, maybe on long runs but I agree with Cat that he will be back around 6-10 scores. He's healthy, motivated and in a contract year.

It means picking up the guy most likely to get the workload if your guy goes down, so that if CJ is hurt, you're not screwed.

This...

It also mitigates your loss on an earlier pick... Don't handcuff all your players- just the ones that have quality backups or that are in a time share as it is...

Don't aim to select bills players... Maybe take Sammy in the 8th or 9th round in a 10 team league, but only as your 3rd WR.... QB's typically score the most points... WR's are deep and RB's are few and far between, McCoy, Charles, ap, and forte are the too 4 for PPR.... Stay away from Alfred Morris, unless you can get him as your 3....

This...

It also mitigates your loss on an earlier pick... Don't handcuff all your players- just the ones that have quality backups or that are in a time share as it is...

Don't aim to select bills players... Maybe take Sammy in the 8th or 9th round in a 10 team league, but only as your 3rd WR.... QB's typically score the most points... WR's are deep and RB's are few and far between, McCoy, Charles, ap, and forte are the too 4 for PPR.... Stay away from Alfred Morris, unless you can get him as your 3....

i never take Bills players because I can't handle the double stress.

Spiller will be fine in a ppr league as a rb2. I'm snatching him up when I can if he doesn't get drafted too high.

I still remember the monster numbers he gave me in '12.

I think he'll be around late in most leagues. A lot of people got burned by him last year and non-Bills fans won't give him another chance.