Based on the EJ reactions... Players who should be cut immediately...

Yes we should def cut him after seven passes.....

S.E.V.E.N.

Did I ever say anything about cutting him? I'm simply pointing out that he hasn't shown much growth from a limited body of work. He has consistently shown in most of the games / scrimmages / practices that he's participated in that he's a slow starter. It seems as if he doesn't "pick up where he left off" from game to game, practice to practice. Lets be honest if he were lighting it up we wouldn't be having this convo; the fact that he isn't therefore warrants this discussion.

He's still young so maybe he'll end up being a top tier QB (which I really REALLY hope he does). But it's VERY irritating when people like you post sarcastic replies to people's honest musings.

He's played in 10 games, holmes. It is your prerogative to wait for him to fail, but I prefer to be a Bills fan.

Who said I wasn't a Bills fan? Just because I'm having serious doubts about EJ's ability and honestly express myself on this forum, that makes me a Bills hater? I'd love to be proved wrong. I root for EJ every week and pray that the light goes on for him.

He's played in 10 games, holmes. It is your prerogative to wait for him to fail, but I prefer to be a Bills fan.

I always thoughts it was "Homes", as in Home Boy. Or Homey D. Clown.

+1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we should def cut him after seven passes.....

S.E.V.E.N.

We will watch them fall. They stand in the way of love and we will smoke them all.

The good thing about EJ's two series is that we are going 19-0, since he did leave the game with a 3-0 lead and we know for sure that we are not going to miss Pettine or Byrd or Kiko one bit. So even when his slow eyes look up to the scoreboard he can smile because he's a winner.

*spits out beer*

To the OP... I realize you're being tongue in cheek but regarding EJ, you don't think your sarcasm is warranted.

Unlike every other name you've listed EJ is not a new player, nor is he a player like Spiller or FredEx who've shown us what they can do. The simple fact is that EJ has not done very much to instill the confidence that he can be a decent NFL starter.

I hope that if the lights don't go on for him this season that we scrap the EJ project and look for somebody else. There are simply TOO MANY examples of quarterbacks being drafted later than EJ who have produced better results with more consistency.

Not a new player? LOL...so I guess having only played 10 games in his career and missing lots of practice and preseason last year makes him a long time vet who has peaked.

The scrutiny of EJ is off the charts ridiculous. Its amazing how many people make excuses for horrible QB's here like Fitz and Trent, but the one promising young rookie who's been working his ass off gets no time to actually learn the game and develop. Amazing.

Har har. My point is you can believe me or not believe me, but time will reveal the situation to all of us. My prediction is EJ turns out to be a bust. If you think he will be the next Jim Kelly, great.

We don't have to debate this and find an answer today. We will all know the answer soon enough.

By the way, you don't have to blindly support EJ or any other Bill simply b/c you love the team and want them to succeed. My criticism of EJ largely stems from my love of the team.

Excellent, now just show me where I call for blind faith or question your fandom, and also feel free to show me where I said he'd be the next Jim Kelly.

Thanks

Not a new player? LOL...so I guess having only played 10 games in his career and missing lots of practice and preseason last year makes him a long time vet who has peaked.

The scrutiny of EJ is off the charts ridiculous. Its amazing how many people make excuses for horrible QB's here like Fitz and Trent, but the one promising young rookie who's been working his ass off gets no time to actually learn the game and develop. Amazing.

He's not a new player. He's been in the NFL for over a year now. Granted his body of work is tiny, the fact remains that expectations are higher for him this year. Yes, this was a scrimmage, and ultimately does not mean squat, but tell me you wouldnt feel much better if he had given us a crisp performance in camp and in yesterdays game

To the OP... I realize you're being tongue in cheek but regarding EJ, you don't think your sarcasm is warranted.

Unlike every other name you've listed EJ is not a new player, nor is he a player like Spiller or FredEx who've shown us what they can do. The simple fact is that EJ has not done very much to instill the confidence that he can be a decent NFL starter.

I hope that if the lights don't go on for him this season that we scrap the EJ project and look for somebody else. There are simply TOO MANY examples of quarterbacks being drafted later than EJ who have produced better results with more consistency.

Chronologically speaking, these are the QBs drafted later than EJ. Care to expand on who exactly you were talking about?

Geno Smith Mike Glennon Matt Barkley Ryan Nassib Tyler Wilson Landry Jones Brad Sorensen Zac Dysert B.J. Daniels Sean Renfree Blake Bortles Johnny Manziel Teddy Bridgewater Derek Carr Jimmy Garoppolo Logan Thomas Tom Savage Aaron Murray AJ McCarron Zach Mettenberger David Fales Keith Wenning Tajh Boyd Garrett Gilbert

Edited by transient

He's not a new player. He's been in the NFL for over a year now. Granted his body of work is tiny, the fact remains that expectations are higher for him this year. Yes, this was a scrimmage, and ultimately does not mean squat, but tell me you wouldnt feel much better if he had given us a crisp performance in camp and in yesterdays game

Hes a new player...10 games does not make him a vet or at his peak. And no, I wouldnt have felt more or less about him if he had gone 5-7 with a TD. I actually thought he made 2 good throws that were not completed. The one to Sammy down the sideline was Sammys fault...he got too close to the sideline and got pinched off a bit. You gotta be a few yards at least to give the QB room to put the ball there. EJ put the ball in a spot he should have been able to get to. And the one to Mike Williams was right on the money and he didn't come down with it. He completes both those passes (needed some help from the WR's though) and then what would you be saying?

And even if he had, doesn't mean the next game he will be good. I expect ups and downs...growing pains...but with improvement. And I did not see anything last night to suggest otherwise. He made a couple of good throws and one throw I would say was actually a bad throw. Not a whole lot to go on.

Not saying that any of these guys are or will be better either. All I'm saying is that his level of play thus far has not offered boatloads of confidence and that if he doesn't pan out this year then we have to look elsewhere.

And for the record, Glennon looked real good at times I thought....

The key is not whether EJ becomes the QB Bills fans want (he cannot because what we want from our QB is not possible for any second year guy to achieve). However, the good news is that though one QB cannot make his team achieve the Ws, it is possible for an entire TEAM under good leadership with a variety of players doing their small part to get enough Ws to make the playoffs.

For this fan my big requirement of EJ is not that he make a bunch of outstanding Jim Kelly like plays all the time. A couple of go plays so he gets a rep bigger than his actual play is fine with me. I just need EJ to minimize errors (and injuries) because I like the team Merrone has built.

The O has a good set of RBs with Jax showing grit and good (though not great) results as both a run or receive threat. Spiller though particularly with the ankle sprain last year also is not proven great he has shown demonstrations of brilliance that if healthy he might be great.

Jax's age and Spiller's history make them a bad bet to be healthy enough. However, the pick-up of brown and even the disaster possibilities of our #4 makethe RB talent a good bet.

The WR talent also bodes well with the gamebreaker talent of Watkins making a stiff trade cost look probably reasonable. Steady Woods looks like a real #2 talent, and even better FA pick-up Williams look like a #1 physical talent with an 8th round choice brain. The fact he is a 2 time loser who is down to his last chance and his Bills chance brings him home to Mom where he seems to be childlike in his need for oversight and discipline makes him potentially a very good #3.

The OL features not bad athletes to build around in Wood and Glenn. Better we picked up two guys with potential 1st round physical talent (Cujo in the 2nd due to injury and Hemderson due to an 8th round brain). We have not unreasonable competitors in Hairston, Urbik, and another FA with potential who failed elsewhere that the OL has potential.

All of this comes with a Spikes reinforced D looking good with a Pro Bowl DL even despite the loss of Alonso.

The ST looks problematic in terms of coaching but the team has picked up what appears to be good talent.

If have little faith in EJ to be the savior folks want. In fact I pretty much guarantee he will not be the player at QB the Jim Kelly addicted fans want.

However, I have watched too much football over the decades to not feel better about a good team withb the right set of skills to get the Ws we need as long as the QB is simply adequate and does not make a lot of mistakes which come with players trying to do more than they are capable of.

I hope EJ is a manager fir us because if more is demanded it likely will not go well for this TEAM.