(OT) Best Stern Sidekick  

51 members have voted

1. 1. (OT) Best Stern Sidekick

• Baba Booey
    • Artie Lange
    • Fred Norris
    • Robin Quivers
    • Other

i've listened ever since his first day in Philly. (that's a long time ago folks!)

Fred Norris is probably the funniest guy there and the smartest. When they had the Channel 9 TV show, Fred was the best skit actor. His impressions have his own flare and he is just extremely quick.

Fred Norris

FRED is awesome and way underappreciated (maybe not by Stern, but by fans) ALL the sound effects come from him... he can do impressions of anyone, interviews wouldn't be the same without Fred in the background doing his sarcastic impressions. I agree with Steve, he doesn't talk enough and they don't prompt him to talk enough... but if he left the show, you would really see a difference and parts of it wouldn't be a good. If Artie left, and got replaced by another guy that they've had "sit-in", it would still be the same show and I wouldn't miss a thing... but I really think that if Fred left, many fans would see a HUGE difference. I think Stern knows all this and really appreciates him, but I think he could get a little more credit.

but these are all just opinions, so don't anyone take these comments personally. Everyone on the show is great

Every since Artie (Wah, I use to be a coke addict wah!) joined its like he brought new life to Howard and company. Although this past year all the political and FCC stuff has slowed the show down somewhat. Artie is still there to bring it back up. I wish Fred would contribute more and I miss the skits they use to do back in the day.

Fan since 1984

I voted for baba booey.  This guy has been the butt of jokes on the show for 20 years.  His fights with Scott are legendary.  And his name...nothing more needs to be said.

219557[/snapback]

but just being the butt of a joke doesn't make you the best. I mean if Gary wasn't there, they could hire any ugly schmoe to take his place...

Fred is a genius. The guy seems to have a sound effect for ANY given situation that arises (with a caller or guest, etc) within 5 seconds...

but just being the butt of a joke doesn't make you the best. I mean if Gary wasn't there, they could hire any ugly schmoe to take his place...

Fred is a genius. The guy seems to have a sound effect for ANY given situation that arises (with a caller or guest, etc) within 5 seconds...

219559[/snapback]

I could never imagine that show without baba. I agree with you that Fred is a genius, but everytime ra ra retard comes into the studio, the laughs are bountiful.

Who was better...Jackie or Artie? I loved how Fred would immitate Jackie, and the abuse they heaped on him was a riot. Artie is funnier overall, but Jackie was a better target for abuse.

I know he's not officially a side kick, but HPE is Hilarious. Actually, him being on the show is Hilarious, because of the reactions from everyone else.

Also, Artie's impression of Jeff the Drunk is priceless.

219550[/snapback]

Need a separate poll for funniest whack packer. That would have to go to either Beetlejuice or Kenneth Keith Kallenbach from the old days.

I could never imagine that show without baba.  I agree with you that Fred is a genius, but everytime ra ra retard comes into the studio, the laughs are bountiful.

Who was better...Jackie or Artie?  I loved how Fred would immitate Jackie, and the abuse they heaped on him was a riot.  Artie is funnier overall, but Jackie was a better target for abuse.

219563[/snapback]

Like I said, I think Artie inspires Stern to be funnier, so I give him the nod.

Need a separate poll for funniest whack packer.  That would have to go to either Beetlejuice or Kenneth Keith Kallenbach from the old days.

219569[/snapback]

Kenneth was on the show last Monday morning, BTW. He's 35 now and doing standup. He tried some out on the air. Hilariously bad.

I wonder why they have never released a best of stern CD??  They have enough material to make at least 10 or 15 volumes,

219574[/snapback]

I've got Crucified By The FCC (from MP3 though :) ) on CD-R,

also have US Open Sores, Butt Bongo Fiesta, & the New Year's Eve Show on original VHS... if anybody wanted to start a tree or vine (off-line away from this board), I would transfer to DVD & supply the seed for it.