Koch Brothers Exposed 2014

You should educate yourself. Being a blind dumbass doesn't work here:

http://www.thegatewa...fferent-unions/

This week Senate Democrats once again asked the IRS to crack down on conservative groups including Americans for Prosperity, funded by the billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch.

Democrats want to silence the opposition.

So how big of a threat are the Koch Brothers?

Over the past twenty five years, from 1989 to 2014, Koch Industries has donated$18,083,948 in political contributions to Republicans. While that seems like a large sum, it only ranks them as number 59 on the list of top all-time political donors – behind 18 different unions.

Here is the list of unions that top the Koch Brothers in political donations.

Via Open Secrets:

2.) American Fedn of State, County & Municipal Employees $60,667,379

4.) National Education Assn $53,594,488

7.) Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers $44,478,789

8.) United Auto Workers $41,667,858

9.) Carpenters & Joiners Union $39,260,371

10.) Service Employees International Union $38,395,690

11.) Laborers Union $37,494,010

12.) American Federation of Teachers $36,713,325

13.) Communications Workers of America $36,188,135

14.) Teamsters Union $36,123,209

16.) United Food & Commercial Workers Union $33,756,550

20.) Machinists & Aerospace Workers Union $31,313,097

23.) AFL-CIO $30,938,977

32.) National Assn of Letter Carriers $26,106,359

39.) Plumbers & Pipefitters Union $23,886,248

42.) Operating Engineers Union $23,036,848

43.) International Assn of Fire Fighters $22,963,260

46.) Sheet Metal Workers Union $22,372,978

59.) Koch Industries $18,083,948

Remember this the next time you read an article by some leftist demonizing the Koch Brothers.

Facts Shmacts! Who needs them?

They're so evil:

http://kochfamilyfou...ndationsDHK.asp

A long-time philanthropist, Mr. Koch has given generously to a variety of organizations and programs. In his lifetime, he and the David H. Koch Charitable Foundation have pledged or contributed more than $1.2 billion to cancer research, medical centers, educational institutions, arts and cultural institutions, and to assist public policy organizations.

Medical & Cancer Research

A prostate cancer survivor, Mr. Koch has donated $100 million as prime contributor for the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT. Other pledges and contributions for medical and cancer research includes:

• $100 million to NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital to help build the David H. Koch Center, a new ambulatory care center, plus $28 million to other research causes
  • $20 million to Johns Hopkins University for the David H. Koch Cancer Research Center
  • $66.7 million to support cancer research at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City
  • $26.5 million to the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston for the David H. Koch Center for Applied Research of Genitourinary Cancers and other causes
  • $26.2 million to The Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City for the 'Building on Success' campaign and other causes
  • $10 million to Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at the Mount Sinai Medical Center to create the David H. and Julia Koch Research Program in Food Allergy Therapeutics

In 2011, Mr. Koch received the Humanitarian of the Year award from the American Apparel and Footwear Association for his long-standing support of organizations working to find a cure for prostate cancer. The awards gala raised more than $1.1 million for the Prostate Cancer Foundation. In 2007, he was honored with the Double Helix Medal for Corporate Leadership from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory for supporting research that, “improves the health of people everywhere.”

Education & Science

Mr. Koch supports science-related projects including funding the long-running PBS documentary series, “Nova,” and a science and technology center at Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts.

A $35 million pledge to the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History will renovate the dinosaur hall, which will be named after him. Once renovated, the hall will showcase the museum's unrivaled collection of 46 million fossils, including one of the largest and most complete T. rex specimens in the world. His $15 million gift to the museum created the David H. Koch Hall of Human Origins that opened in 2010. The 15,000-square-foot exhibit helps answer the question, “What does it mean to be human?“

Read more at the above link

So donating their own money to save people lives is now a days considered a good deed? pfffff

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I correlated a few of your political views into a post. The fact that you can't understand how they intersect doesn't make anyone else "stupid."

We all get that you don't like wealthy people. You "pecker checker" liberals use jealousy as the backbone to bring in the ignorant in droves. It's pretty much the best recruiting tool you have. "Come join us, we'll all be mediocre together! Let's drag everyone down to our level!"

Good for you.

This is so ignorant. You accuse me of hating all rich people because two of them are unfairly abusing our system. That's like saying you hate dogs because you are pissed off at the one that took a dump on my lawn.

You are like a young child

This is so ignorant. You accuse me of hating all rich people because two of them are unfairly abusing our system. That's like saying you hate dogs because you are pissed off at the one that took a dump on my lawn.

Why would we hate any dog that took a dump on your lawn? Most of us would laugh at the irony, because of how often you take a dump here

This is so ignorant. You accuse me of hating all rich people because two of them are unfairly abusing our system.

Predictable response. Ignore your own hypocrisy and instead concentrate on the absolute that I put in the post just to get exactly the response you gave. You, just like everyone else here, know you are full of ****.

That's like saying you hate dogs because you are pissed off at the one that took a dump on my lawn.

I'd like any dog that took a dump on your lawn.

You are like a young child

Here's a fact for you: I don't give a **** about anything you have to say.