CANADA DOES NOT WANT THE BILLS

88what

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth of the matter is that most of WNY has more in common with the residents of Southern Ontario than we do with our own countrymen that live in places like California, Texas or Florida. Climate dictates much of that but it's also a hyper sensitivity to being treated as an afterthought because we often are.

To squash the beer is stronger in Canada !! I called Labatts Brewery in Toronto and asked if their beer is stronger in Canada than here in the states , and Labatts response to me was that the beer is the exact same alcohol content !

Right now the speculation is that even if the JBJ group wins, they will keep the team in WNY (if people here believe that obviously is another matter altogether).

So what is there for the people in Toronto to get excited about or generate some "buzz" over?

How about a buzz BEFORE the Toronto group proclaimed their love for WNY? I'm asking did Toronto ever get excited over possibly getting the Bills?

To squash the beer is stronger in Canada !! I called Labatts Brewery in Toronto and asked if their beer is stronger in Canada than here in the states , and Labatts response to me was that the beer is the exact same alcohol content !

Drink a couple of bottles of Molson Brador, and get back to us.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

we love them, but we love them in buffalo.. why do you think we come to the games? the atmosphere, the cheap american beer and the tailgating. you don't have that in canada and never will.... i'm getting so frustrated with most of bills nation thinking were trying to steal your team, we're not and we understand why... you have serious trust issues

Good post. We won't declare war on Canada after all.

Or. Stock Ale or Molson 10!

When I was living in Buffalo, and a student w/o a car, I used to walk across the Peace bridge wearing an empty backpack to the 'Brewer's Retail' (now the Beer Store) store in Fort Erie.

My favorite beer at the time (mid 1970's) was Labatt's Velvet Cream Porter. (No longer available, from what I've heard)

Eight bucks for a full case back in those days. A case of 'Bud' in the U.S. was around $11!

The U.S. Customs guys used to chuckle, and they usually let me slide for the seventy five cent duty.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

When I was living in Buffalo, and a student w/o a car, I used to walk across the Peace bridge wearing an empty backpack to the 'Brewer's Retail' (now the Beer Store) store in Fort Erie.

My favorite beer at the time (mid 1970's) was Labatt's Velvet Cream Porter. (No longer available, from what I've heard)

Eight bucks for a full case back in those days. A case of 'Bud' in the U.S. was around $11!

The U.S. Customs guys used to chuckle, and they usually let me slide for the seventy five cent duty.

Awesome, you walked past my old house on Queen St.