Training Camp Newbie...Help?

Do they still practice outside if it's just rain and no thunder/lightning?

Thinking of coming out Monday but it's saying 60% rain. It's the only day that works for me this year but it's too far for me to drive if there is a chance practice will be inside and closed to public.

Help?

Help?

I've never been to SJF when it's rained but the practice fields are outside and the seats/bleachers are not covered. I assume that they would still practice, but then you'd be getting wet unless you're in one of the VIP tents.

I've never been to SJF when it's rained but the practice fields are outside and the seats/bleachers are not covered. I assume that they would still practice, but then you'd be getting wet unless you're in one of the VIP tents.

Thanks. I don't care about getting wet. Trying to make a decision whether to make the 3 hour drive or not. Just don't wanna make that drive for a practice that is moved inside/closed. Unfortunately my options are really limited this year.

Thanks. I don't care about getting wet. Trying to make a decision whether to make the 3 hour drive or not. Just don't wanna make that drive for a practice that is moved inside/closed. Unfortunately my options are really limited this year.

Where are you driving from?

Ok- didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I need some advice... Planned on going to camp tomorrow but according to the forecast I am getting online it says 40% chance of rain/t-storms... Is anyone up near Pittsford getting a different forecast? They move practice inside if they experience t-storms- and I'm driving 3 hours each way... Don't want a wasted trip... Advice?

Ok- didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I need some advice... Planned on going to camp tomorrow but according to the forecast I am getting online it says 40% chance of rain/t-storms... Is anyone up near Pittsford getting a different forecast? They move practice inside if they experience t-storms- and I'm driving 3 hours each way... Don't want a wasted trip... Advice?

dont know. Your forecast is probably the same as mine so...

But If you go, depending in the time, I'll be there.

Not sure if anyone posted this or not, but the rain was pretty bad yesterday with some localized flooding.

They ended up moving practice from 8am to 6pm because of the weather.

I haven't heard anything about today, but it isn't raining now. And so far they still list practice at 2pm today.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I would love to be there tomorrow, but the uncertainly surrounding the weather may keep me home...

Unless they cancel practice my family will be there the next 2 days.

Sammy in the autograph tent tomorrow and Spikes the next day. Two they don't have yet :)

Unless they cancel practice my family will be there the next 2 days.

Sammy in the autograph tent tomorrow and Spikes the next day. Two they don't have yet :)

We were going mostly due to the fact that Sammy was in the tent... But if they move practice inside and they still do the autograph tent, I can't justify driving 6 hours for his autograph... Lol

I will overnight you my jersey.... Hahaha

We were going mostly due to the fact that Sammy was in the tent... But if they move practice inside and they still do the autograph tent, I can't justify driving 6 hours for his autograph... Lol

If they move practice inside due to weather, they generally don't open for the public, ie buses don't run, you can't get on campus, etc.

If they move it indoors they do not do the tent.

Good luck with the jersey. My oldest is too old for the tent this year and he is trying to get his siblings to take his ball in with them. The last bid I heard was doing the siblings chores for 3 days. They are driving a harder bargain than the Bills trustees ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

If they move practice inside due to weather, they generally don't open for the public, ie buses don't run, you can't get on campus, etc.

Pretty much sealed the deal right there, thank you... That BBQ joint is pretty good (just off of 390) but not 6 hours in a car good!

If they move it indoors they do not do the tent.

Good luck with the jersey. My oldest is too old for the tent this year and he is trying to get his siblings to take his ball in with them. The last bid I heard was doing the siblings chores for 3 days ;)

I will give one if them $20

They both win and the bidding war can be over... Or maybe we can take the bidding war to them and drop the length he has to do chores- lol

Pretty much sealed the deal right there, thank you... That BBQ joint is pretty good (just off of 390) but not 6 hours in a car good!

I will give one if them $20

They both win and the bidding war can be over... Or maybe we can take the bidding war to them and drop the length he has to do chores- lol

Sticky lips I think you mean. Not bad but a 6 hour ride, nah :)

How astute of you to realize my kids can be bought! ;)

Good call not making the trip! At about 1:50 (practice started at 2) the skies opened up and it is pissing down rain.

With Sammy in the autograph tent my kids made my wife take them. She's isn't a happy camper right now ;)

But at least right now they are practicing in it.

Good call not making the trip! At about 1:50 (practice started at 2) the skies opened up and it is pissing down rain.

With Sammy in the autograph tent my kids made my wife take them. She's isn't a happy camper right now ;)

But at least right now they are practicing in it.

I will going up again... Just on a day that calls for less than 30% chance of rain... My wife and kids would have been PI$$ED OFF today!!! Thanks for the confirmation!

Ummm... No.... I don't leave for anywhere at 4am...

Well,there were a lot of kids there in the rain to get Sammys autograph. But he didn't go to the tent. Apparently weather related.

They handed out pictures to the kids. Print this out and it will be like your kid was there (without getting wet) ;)

post-11748-0-25871900-1406770902_thumb.jpg