Tues. Buff News - Bills Ready To Go With Losman

Mark VI

If JP had started the first 4 games last year, the Bills would not have been 0-4.

Drew makes as many stupid decisions as any rookie QB.

218157[/snapback]

When I look at last Season, I tend to concentrate on 5 Games where the Bills went 0-5...At Home vs. J-Ville and Pittsburgh, along with the Oakland, Baltimore, and NY Jets Road Games...Win a single game of those 5 and the Bills are in the Playoffs...Win 2 of 5 and they are in easily...DB's numbers in those Games 82/146 (56%) for 940 yards (188 yds. per Game), 4 TD's to 7 INT's, 3 Fumbles lost and 19 Sacks taken...Not to mention how some of those turnovers led directly to points for the Opponents...

These are simply not numbers you want to see from a Vet QB when you missed the Playoffs by a single Game. In fact there is only one Game I can think of (the Miami Road Game) where Drew took this Team on his back and led them to victory the way I expect we all believe a "Franchise" QB should every now and again...

It's interesting that (obviously) others had the exact same reaction I did concerning our beloved Buffalo Bills while watching the Patriots punk the Steelers this past weekend. Has it ever been more obvious that the Bills are never going to be in the Pats league as long as they stick with Bledsoe. Now...don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they will be in the Pats league with JP as the Starter. But never has it been more clear that it's time to move in another direction towards catching the Pats, instead of chasing them aimlessly...

I am one Bills Fan that realizes we may experience a growing pains Season in 2005 in order to move forward, and admittedly it's not a great feeling...But what else can TD and TM do? I think there are opportunities to further build the Depth on this Roster though the Draft. Trading Travis is a start, but I think it also may be a good idea to Franchise Jonas Jennings with the idea of Trading him (ala Peerless Price). Jennings Market value may never be higher and IMHO he simply is not a Franchise type OT. So getting a high Draft pick or two for Jonas could pay off big down the Road (kind of like Peerless for Willis... :) ). And I definitely think there will be suitors for Jennings services willing to give up a 1st Round Pick. I just have a feeling about that...

Anyway...It looks like the Bills Brass has realized the obvious...This Team is going nowhere with DB in a Division that includes the best NFL Team in over a decade. It's time to move on at QB, and see if The Bills can bridge the Gap between them and the Patsies. That means building a better Roster from 1-53 (with apologies to TKO, Big Sam, Evans, McGee, and a few others), and the best place to start is at QB... :D

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I look at last Season, I tend to concentrate on 5 Games where the Bills went 0-5...At Home vs. J-Ville and Pittsburgh, along with the Oakland, Baltimore, and NY Jets Road Games...Win a single game of those 5 and the Bills are in the Playoffs...Win 2 of 5 and they are in easily...DB's numbers in those Games 82/146 (56%) for 940 yards (188 yds. per Game), 4 TD's to 7 INT's, 3 Fumbles lost and 19 Sacks taken...Not to mention how some of those turnovers led directly to points for the Opponents...

These are simply not numbers you want to see from a Vet QB when you missed the Playoffs by a single Game. In fact there is only one Game I can think of (the Miami Road Game) where Drew took this Team on his back and led them to victory the way I expect we all believe a "Franchise" QB should every now and again...

It's interesting that (obviously) others had the exact same reaction I did concerning our beloved Buffalo Bills while watching the Patriots punk the Steelers this past weekend. Has it ever been more obvious that the Bills are never going to be in the Pats league as long as they stick with Bledsoe. Now...don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they will be in the Pats league with JP as the Starter. But never has it been more clear that it's time to move in another direction towards catching the Pats, instead of chasing them aimlessly...

I am one Bills Fan that realizes we may experience a growing pains Season in 2005 in order to move forward, and admittedly it's not a great feeling...But what else can TD and TM do? I think there are opportunities to further build the Depth on this Roster though the Draft. Trading Travis is a start, but I think it also may be a good idea to Franchise Jonas Jennings with the idea of Trading him (ala Peerless Price). Jennings Market value may never be higher and IMHO he simply is not a Franchise type OT. So getting a high Draft pick or two for Jonas could pay off big down the Road (kind of like Peerless for Willis... :) ). And I definitely think there will be suitors for Jennings services willing to give up a 1st Round Pick. I just have a feeling about that...

Anyway...It looks like the Bills Brass has realized the obvious...This Team is going nowhere with DB in a Division that includes the best NFL Team in over a decade. It's time to move on at QB, and see if The Bills can bridge the Gap between them and the Patsies. That means building a better Roster from 1-53 (with apologies to TKO, Big Sam, Evans, McGee, and a few others), and the best place to start is at QB...  :D

218958[/snapback]

JP may have some growing pains, but how will his mistakes be any different from the piss poor play by Drew in those games you listed above?

At least with JP, the coaches will be able to run their entire offenes instead of dumbing it down to protect Drew from himself.

JP may have some growing pains, but how will his mistakes be any different from the piss poor play by Drew in those games you listed above?

At least with JP, the coaches will be able to run their entire offenes instead of dumbing it down to protect Drew from himself.

219082[/snapback]

Amen to that... :D