I believe in TJ Graham

When did Bills fans become such insufferable douches?

I f you are speaking to me i sure would like to understand why ? I have considered myself a a reasonable Man for a couple years running now and am a bit concerned .

Please clarify. The Wizzing gesture possibly ?

If you're not a real and highlight drawing #1 WR then you're garbage. Forget all the key catches SJ13 made sustaining drives, forget that he consistently caught balls up the middle in traffic and was on the field more then most any other offensive player in the last 4 years...he sucks because he's not Calvin Johnson.

Heavens to Betsy if Graham turns out to be a legit #3 or 4 WR over the next two years this board will erupt. The guy has what it takes to be first on the field in any situation and position and contribute more then most any other of his counterparts across the league.

It won't just click and turn on for him. He does not show that ability. What he needs is reps, more reps and wake up in the morning and eat your Wheaties then get more reps. EJ did not show chemistry with the guy, it was head scratching watching him get open as EJ either scrambled around the field or looked at other WR's the entire time - especially, SJ13.

TJ Graham is not horrible.

Some may question when it started, I only question when it will end. As for me, I've always been this charming.

I dont admit to thinking TJ is horrible. Do you think I think that he is ?

You are correct about TJ being open . Maybe there was some underlying reason that EJ kept looking for anyone else to come open :thumbdown:

Charming ? All that and more you handsome devil

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, with all the reports coming in about EJ "building chemistry" with his WR's, I believe TJ Graham will still be on this roster come September. I think EJ was stunted by not getting enough reps with SJ13 and TJ, our two starters last year. With SJ13 gone, TJ is now the vet leader of the WR's and he'll show what he can do. Watkins and Woods may be a part of that showing, but Graham will be a fundamental part of this offense moving forward. He'll never be as good as Russell Wilson, but he'll be another Buddy pick vilified.

Let's look at the positives.

-He's fast (he was like a track star)

-He's got a cannon (remember that trick play where he launched the ball? Emergency QB a la Brad Smith, anyone?)

-He single-handedly won us that second Jets game (great ball awareness, shook Milliner 10 yards off the ball)

-He's a really nice guy

Thank Buddy for TJ Graham, and don't say I didn't tell ya.

congrats you are the only one.

I f you are speaking to me i sure would like to understand why ? I have considered myself a a reasonable Man for a couple years running now and am a bit concerned .

I dont admit to thinking TJ is horrible. Do you think I think that he is ?

You are correct about TJ being open . Maybe there was some underlying reason that EJ kept looking for anyone else to come open :thumbdown:

Charming ? All that and more you handsome devil

The reason that they did not gel - at least to me - and why EJ never looked at TJ Graham during the game may have been:

A) EJ Manuel is not there yet with his progression to make the reads

B) EJ Manuel sucks

C) TJ Graham sucks

D) TJ Graham and EJ Manuel both suck

E) EJ Manuel saw all he needed to of Graham in practice to know that it wasn't worth going to him in a game, despite the coaches seeing other wise and no one noticed the chemistry issue that everyone else saw

F) TJ Graham is not as good as he needs to be to make himself an option.

congrats you are the only one.

Hi, have we met. I would bare his children. TJ Graham is a hunk.

The reason that they did not gel - at least to me - and why EJ never looked at TJ Graham during the game may have been:

B) EJ Manuel sucks

C) TJ Graham sucks

E) EJ Manuel saw all he needed to of Graham in practice to know that it wasn't worth going to him in a game, despite the coaches seeing other wise and no one noticed the chemistry issue that everyone else saw

Well thats a bit off J. Bare his children is a bit iffy .

Dont do that if the opportunity presents itself you could find yourself in bit of a bind . But if you would be willing to bear his children.... well thats a horse of a different color

No, not directed at you specifically... it just gets depressing to come to the football part of the board, day after day, and see threads started where people, are, essentially trying to one up themselves at some players expense. I get it, not every player becomes a pro-bowler, and maybe not all live up to their draft status. But, unless the guy is clearly a jerk, or doing something detrimental to the team, beyond just not being as good at his job as a bunch of slobs wish he was, I just don't see the point of running our players down, like we, as a whole, seem to have a compulsive need to. I may be very wrong, but I think OP started the thread with that intent, and most have gleefully followed suit.

Perhaps it is just the result of years of losing, but I really don't remember the board always being so relentlessly negative, particularly to our own players. We seem to have this need to have a whipping boy, a punching bag. Donte Whitner, Leodis McKelvin, Stevie Johnson, Aaron Williams, TJ Graham, EJ Manuel...Chris Hogan waiting in the wings. I just don't see that it does anything good for anyone, and I am pretty sure that these players are aware of fan perception of them...and to pretend it doesn't effect them is naïve.

Edited by Buftex

No, not directed at you specifically... it just gets depressing to come to the football part of the board, day after day, and see threads started where people, are, essentially trying to one up themselves at some players expense. I get it, not every player becomes a pro-bowler, and maybe not all live up to their draft status. But, unless the guy is clearly a jerk, or doing something detrimental to the team, beyond just not being as good at his job as a bunch of slobs wish he was, I just don't see the point of running our players down, like we, as a whole, seem to have a compulsive need to. I may be very wrong, but I think OP started the thread with that intent, and most have gleefully followed suit. Perhaps it is just the result of years of losing, but I really don't remember the board always being so relentlessly negative, particularly to our own players. We seem to have this need to have a whipping boy, a punching bag. Donte Whitner, Leodis McKelvin, Stevie Johnson, Aaron Williams, TJ Graham...Chris Hogan waiting in the wings. I just don't see that it does anything good for anyone, and I am pretty sure that these players are aware of fan perception of them...and to pretend it doesn't effect them is naïve.

No no. I have always defended Graham. I believe in him.

No no. I have always defended Graham. I believe in him.

Sorry... you were so positive, I was sure you were being sarcastic! :lol:

It seems to me that Graham has been targeted by fans since his rookie year. As I recall, his rookie year, he was completely misused in the Bills offense. They were thin at the position, and Fitz wasn't particularly good, most weeks (he was erratic) at completing longer passes....so Graham, as small and fast as he is, seemed to become almost a possession receiver, catching passes 2 yards behind or after the line of scrimmage, on third down, fighting for a first down...as I recall, he got those first downs as often as not. He rarely had any targets down field.

I don't know that the guy will ever be a great NFL wide-receiver, but the way some people carry on about him, they act as if he is the biggest problem the team has. In my eyes, he has shown a knack for being able to get open. and we know he has speed to burn. Last year, his second year, being used situations more fit to his strengths, he had a few nice moments. Early on in the season, especially, I thought he was looking like he had made some good progress. As the year went on, with three different QB's, all essentially rookies with growing pains of their own to go through, his game, predictably, suffered. Even Robert Woods faded some as the year went on.

Edited by Buftex

No, not directed at you specifically... it just gets depressing to come to the football part of the board, day after day, and see threads started where people, are, essentially trying to one up themselves at some players expense. I get it, not every player becomes a pro-bowler, and maybe not all live up to their draft status. But, unless the guy is clearly a jerk, or doing something detrimental to the team, beyond just not being as good at his job as a bunch of slobs wish he was, I just don't see the point of running our players down, like we, as a whole, seem to have a compulsive need to. I may be very wrong, but I think OP started the thread with that intent, and most have gleefully followed suit. Perhaps it is just the result of years of losing, but I really don't remember the board always being so relentlessly negative, particularly to our own players. We seem to have this need to have a whipping boy, a punching bag. Donte Whitner, Leodis McKelvin, Stevie Johnson, Aaron Williams, TJ Graham...Chris Hogan waiting in the wings. I just don't see that it does anything good for anyone, and I am pretty sure that these players are aware of fan perception of them...and to pretend it doesn't effect them is naïve.

Seems the way of the world these days. I suspect we are nearly the same age and we have both noticed how polarized folks can be .

Some have said here they cheer for the laundry whomever wheres it. I think it is that simple.

I do have my moments of critique but i am all Bills all the time. If i quit them i wont quit half way. And i might. But not any day soon.

but lordy this is a fantastic time to be a fan !. if you cant get stoked with these characters both FO and on the field you must have deep seated issues wth your mother and breast feeding

GO BILLSES

We seem to have this need to have a whipping boy, a punching bag. Donte Whitner, Leodis McKelvin, Stevie Johnson, Aaron Williams, TJ Graham, EJ Manuel...Chris Hogan waiting in the wings.

C'mon really? Hogan is not good enough to ever be the whipping boy!

B) EJ Manuel sucks

C) TJ Graham sucks

Jboyss I agree with the non-weird part of your post but the part where u worship Sj and his " clutch" Catches is laughable.... You mean those tough 7 yard slants he caught w his "emaculate" route running? Sj was a joke...a few pegs beneath Calvin johnson...that argument is so tiresome. I wish sj had been At least a 7 if you can give calvin a 10.... Or did u enjoy a slow...non clutch, Injured every game receiver? Who gets dumb penalties?

Edited by enlightener

Jboyss I agree with the neOn weird part of your post but the part where u worship Sj and his " clutch". Catchest is laughable.... You mean those tough 7 yard slants he cught w his "emaculate" route running? Sj was a joke...a few pegs beneath Calvin joh son...that argument is so tiresome. I wish sj had been At least a 7 if you can give calvin a 10.... Or did u enjoy a slow...non clutch,Injred every game receiver? Who gets dumb penalties?.

You have an ironic screen name.

Jboyss I agree with the neOn weird part of your post but the part where u worship Sj and his " clutch". Catchest is laughable.... You mean those tough 7 yard slants he cught w his "emaculate" route running? Sj was a joke...a few pegs beneath Calvin joh son...that argument is so tiresome. I wish sj had been At least a 7 if you can give calvin a 10.... Or did u enjoy a slow...non clutch,Injred every game receiver? Who gets dumb penalties?.

either you're typing on the worlds tiniest keyboard with the smallest keys while drunk. or you're just drunk.

either way, read enough of my excellent posts and you'll have answers to all you seek, and you then, will truly be enlightened.

TJ isn't a bad receiver. I think he is better than most people say. A lot of people hate him because he is mostly a number 3 receiver and we "could" have had russel Wilson with his pick. He isn't bad, but we have talent at receiver that is ahead of him. On other teams, he would be a solid number 3 guy.

Geez, he's fast BUT... I have to agree with most other posters: TJ has not shown much catching or route running ability. No evidence to show he'd earn a #3 spot on 'any' NFL team. Maybe CFL???

I think Bills fans have a right to complain about a player drafted in the 3rd round that everybody but Buddy Nix had pegged as a 5th-7th rounder.

Mayock's take: "I had him going in the seventh round. He can fly, though."

Mayock is so wrong about everything, except when he's right eh?

either you're typing on the worlds tiniest keyboard with the smallest keys while drunk. or you're just drunk.

either way, read enough of my excellent posts and you'll have answers to all you seek, and you then, will truly be enlightened.

cell phone, but really how do you defend steve? he sucked.