Watch out Jack, momma bear can open your car door

Beerball

Why don't they just go back to open dumps? Problem solved. Worked for many, many years... Wouldn't see one bear wander into town. Unintended consequences of "going green." Now, you have to be careful not to leave one little gum drop in your vehicle.

@ camp near Long Lake, New York... You literally have to wash every piece of your garbage and still there could be problems. Long Lake has always used bears for their town logo... Yet, they never wandered into town causing trouble... Until recently, what's changed? Wouldn't it just be easier and safer to just let them rummage through an open dump? @ least they stay there... Like they have done for a hundred years. "The fly paper approach" to managing their foraging habits. ??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The mess that car is in is impressive...

I would think it would be totalled... Even if they could fix it, it will never be quite right. Oh my! I would like to pull the Carfax on that bad boy. Yikes: Bear camped out in: 2014. All new everything on the inside. If that ain't an electrical red flag to stay away from! LoL...

OK who closed the door on the momma bear?

Serious? LoL...

Bear must have took lessons from my older sister. She has to be the queen of locking her keys in the car. I inherited one of her cars and the door weatherstripping was all chewed up. I said: "I what the hell happened here?" Her response: "That's where the coat hangers go through." Huh? Oh boy... I think she locked my nephew in the car when he was in his car seat as toddler. Cops had to come, now she'd be doing 2-5 and the kid in foster care. Best thing ever invented for her? Ford with the keypad on the door. LoL...

Serious? LoL...

Bear must have took lessons from my older sister. She has to be the queen of locking her keys in the car. I inherited one of her cars and the door weatherstripping was all chewed up. I said: "I what the hell happened here?" Her response: "That's where the coat hangers go through." Huh? Oh boy... I think she locked my nephew in the car when he was in his car seat as toddler. Cops had to come, now she'd be doing 2-5 and the kid in foster care. Best thing ever invented for her? Ford with the keypad on the door. LoL...

thats what the story says

A mother bear had gotten into the car, presumably wanting to get her paws on a few gumdrops left in the middle console. She apparently didn't count on the door closing behind her, separating her from her two cubs.

Once I went to get gas 1/2 mile from my home, went inside to pay and when I got back my oldest (2 year old) locked me out of the car.

Once I went to get gas 1/2 mile from my home, went inside to pay and when I got back my oldest (2 year old) locked me out of the car.

LoL... Can't say I blame them... ;-P

"Now listen, you are making Daddy very mad, just open the door honey."

Translation: "Just wait till I get you home you little (insert not so polite word for poopy here)!"

:-)

Does this happen that frequently? Tourists to the area who do not know this fall victim to this often, then, yes?

I don't know how often it happens, but I'd say I see a report at least once a year that someone saw a car at a trailhead in the Adirondacks that a bear broke into.

I don't know how often it happens, but I'd say I see a report at least once a year that someone saw a car at a trailhead in the Adirondacks that a bear broke into.

I mentioned when we were @ camp in Long Lake... A local left some McD's in his truck... The Bear didn't get in, but what a number on the outside of the cab... You think he would nave known... But I guess it even slips the minds of the ones that should know the best. I mean what doesn't smell like food now. Camping, that all I would use is fels naptha soap... My God, especially children in or near a tent, one mistake can be deadly.

Does this happen that frequently? Tourists to the area who do not know this fall victim to this often, then, yes?

some tourists are just clueless.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bear+breaks+into+car&client=firefox-a&hs=1K4&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=vk-YU9X6Nu2c0wXa0YCoAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=766