Could The NFL Be Trying to Out Think Perfection ?

The NFL has become one of if not the biggest sports attraction in the world & probably the biggest money maker out there. With the way the fore fathers of the sport like George Halas , Lamar Hunt & our own late owner Ralph Wilson set it up (in the merger) it has IMHO surpassed baseball as America's sport of choice .

So why screw it up ? All this talk of putting a team in London, Toronto , & moving franchises such as our own beloved Bills to a city like LA that has had more than it's chances (and might i add failed miserably) just for the al mighty dollar to take away not only the very history of the NFL it's self & replace it with a new fangled NFL .

Baseball thought they were doing them selves a favor by adding more games & basically saturating the fan base , not only making the season so long that they wind up playing some of a warm weather summer sport in freezing weather . Trying to pick the pockets of the fan over extending that fan because they know how much we love the sport , resulting in a less exciting watered down version because of the over saturation to the true fan .

Watching & listening to all the futuristic talks that are going on with the NFL i would hope there are a couple with in the sport that look at the other sports & take into consideration what they have done to hurt their particular sport . Please don't over saturate the NFL fans by adding to many teams, & so many games that it would ruin the intimacy that the fans have with their teams & the game .

It would be terrible if that were to happen to this great game & what it has become to the fabric of America !

Of course there will always be those fans that over extend them selves to go to every game & can see where SOME change is good, but i can also see if the powers that be give owners such as Jerry Jones his way & do away with teams like our Bills just to give him & his team more profit the game along with the fans will suffer & i could see stadiums just half full on game day just like baseball & Nascar has become & not only the sport suffering but the fan too from NFL burn out !!

Keep the NFL America's game !!!

Edited by T master

Its the million dollar question. Will the NFL's eyes get bigger than their stomachs? As it is, now, IMO it is a fairly dull product without the gambling/fantasy aspect and even with that, with the replay and commercials, etc seems to be turning off people I know. $80,000 PSLs in Candlestick, Minnesota Viking ship and Atlanta clown centres, London aspirations, etc isnt a good look for me and it is almost at the tipping point. If the Bills left i would have little trouble tuning out the NFL.

Meanwhile, there is some farming the NFL has to do with its concussion, drug use, and alumni issues/lawsuits, etc.

The NFL has become one of if not the biggest sports attraction in the world & probably the biggest money maker out there. With the way the fore fathers of the sport like George Halas , Lamar Hunt & our own late owner Ralph Wilson set it up (in the merger) it has IMHO surpassed baseball as America's sport of choice .

So why screw it up ? All this talk of putting a team in London, Toronto , & moving franchises such as our own beloved Bills to a city like LA that has had more than it's chances (and might i add failed miserably) just for the al mighty dollar to take away not only the very history of the NFL it's self & replace it with a new fangled NFL .

Baseball thought they were doing them selves a favor by adding more games & basically saturating the fan base , not only making the season so long that they wind up playing some of a warm weather summer sport in freezing weather . Trying to pick the pockets of the fan over extending that fan because they know how much we love the sport , resulting in a less exciting watered down version because of the over saturation to the true fan .

Watching & listening to all the futuristic talks that are going on with the NFL i would hope there are a couple with in the sport that look at the other sports & take into consideration what they have done to hurt their particular sport . Please don't over saturate the NFL fans by adding to many teams, & so many games that it would ruin the intimacy that the fans have with their teams & the game .

It would be terrible if that were to happen to this great game & what it has become to the fabric of America !

Of course there will always be those fans that over extend them selves to go to every game & can see where SOME change is good, but i can also see if the powers that be give owners such as Jerry Jones his way & do away with teams like our Bills just to give him & his team more profit the game along with the fans will suffer & i could see stadiums just half full on game day just like baseball & Nascar has become & not only the sport suffering but the fan too from NFL burn out !!

Keep the NFL America's game !!!

The problem with what you are saying is that the NFL wants owners and players alike to make more and more money every year. Given the amount of games that do not sell out it seems they have reached the pain point for ticket prices in a lot of markets. They also can't up the TV revenue much without supplying more product such as more games per season. They really have to expand their market beyond the US to do this effectively. That way if it is popular they can have more TV contracts in Europe for example and keep the gravy train running.

Edited by CodeMonkey