24: Live Another Day

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that the last hour? Was quite good though very sad.

YES, for the time being. hopefully there's more in the future. They can't leave us hanging like that.

Off with your head !!! d38a5b74044e47acc75a094ab9f6ac07.png

Damn...wonder if we'll see any more silent counts this episode.

Please dont be the big silent clock

That ending for Heller was so cold.

But hey, with the way this one went out, we are guaranteed to get more shows in the future.

The clock was there, I didn't hear any "digital" ticking sound!!! Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The clock was there, I didn't hear any "digital" ticking sound!!!

Two of my posts about 10-15 minutes apart got combined there. My first part about hoping it wasn't going to be the big silent clock was because I was starting to get the feeling in those last 5 minutes of the show that they might actually kill Jack at the end. I wanted no part in that.

One thing I will like though when it does come back is his new partner Bellcheck. The guy was a silent badass. I hope he gets more screen time, even with his awful name.

Please dont be the big silent clock

That ending for Heller was so cold.

But hey, with the way this one went out, we are guaranteed to get more shows in the future.

Clock was definitely silent at the end...but I agree with you, this almost certainly means at least one more season. I envision a Heller-ordered rescue mission led by Kate. Can't imagine the Russkies want to let Jack die quickly.

The only two "good" things to happen in that finale were Cheng's beheading and avoiding WWIII. But will the Chinese be ok with not getting a chance to interrogate Cheng?

Clock was definitely silent at the end...but I agree with you, this almost certainly means at least one more season. I envision a Heller-ordered rescue mission led by Kate. Can't imagine the Russkies want to let Jack die quickly.

The only two "good" things to happen in that finale were Cheng's beheading and avoiding WWIII. But will the Chinese be ok with not getting a chance to interrogate Cheng?

They will interogate his severed head. Duh!

Heller's done. There's no way they bring him back. He's going to quickly spiral downward in the days after all the crazy stuff that just happened. His ending was about the most depressing thing they could have done. It just goes to show you that if you attach yourself to Jack Bauer, things do not end well for you.

Heller's done. There's no way they bring him back. He's going to quickly spiral downward in the days after all the crazy stuff that just happened. His ending was about the most depressing thing they could have done. It just goes to show you that if you attach yourself to Jack Bauer, things do not end well for you.

His "speech" to the British PM was horribly depressing. I realize he's "done" but I can see him ordering an immediate covert rescue mission to get Jack before he's forced to resign. If not him, then Kate will take it upon herself (with Chloe's help, of course).

His "speech" to the British PM was horribly depressing. I realize he's "done" but I can see him ordering an immediate covert rescue mission to get Jack before he's forced to resign. If not him, then Kate will take it upon herself (with Chloe's help, of course).

There was all the talk going into this season that they could be grooming a replacement Bauer in Kate. I think that's all but guaranteed at this point. She's definitely leading the charge to free Bauer.

the one where he said he'd never remember he had a daughter and that she died horribly?

the one where he said he'd never remember he had a daughter and that she died horribly?

Yes. How he was looking at a picture of a beautiful woman on his desk and then realizing it was Audrey.

I was certain that Jack was wearing a bomb on him because the Russians didn't even freaking pat him down when he walked up to the helicopter. I thought that the final scene would be an exploding chopper. Obviously I was completely wrong haha.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/15/24-live-another-day-day-9-1000-pm-1100-am-review

And, oh, what a rage-fueled killing spree it was. First we had the smooth ruthlessness of Jack and Belchek being guided by Chloe in an expertly staged sequence. Then, once things have gone sideways -- like they tend to do -- we have Jack killing dudes in each and every way, from bullets to a butcher’s knife to a sword. Wait, "What the hell’s a sword doing on the bridge?", you may ask. Well, it’s common knowledge that any tightly run ship has to have one — it’s basic seamanship. I’m assuming. But who cares, it gives Jack an opportunity to finally have the upper hand on Cheng Zhi, one of the series’ most formidable villains. No silent clock for Cheng, but that head’s not going back on anyway.

I was certain that Jack was wearing a bomb on him because the Russians didn't even freaking pat him down when he walked up to the helicopter. I thought that the final scene would be an exploding chopper. Obviously I was completely wrong haha.

I was thinking that as well. Finish with a BANG!!!

Yes. How he was looking at a picture of a beautiful woman on his desk and then realizing it was Audrey.

And if I remember correctly, they actually did show him looking at that picture earlier in the season. In hindsight, that's some nice foreshadowing there.

What a show, and what a revival. "24" has never shied away from having non-bright skies endings.

President Heller's conversation with Prime Minister Davies was heartbreaking.

Chloe is safe, Kate is going rogue, Mark Boudreau will be in prison forever & Cheng is dead.

Now how will Jack get out of Russia?

Question for all of you. When Jack found out that Audrey had been killed (perfect timing Kate), was Jack about to kill himself? The way he was holding his sidearm and the look on his face, he looked like he wanted to end it all. Did any of you think the same thing?

Question for all of you. When Jack found out that Audrey had been killed (perfect timing Kate), was Jack about to kill himself? The way he was holding his sidearm and the look on his face, he looked like he wanted to end it all. Did any of you think the same thing?

That was definitely my take on the situation. He was ready to off himself until he heard Cheng's men. I'd love to see the body count from that scene alone. He had to have taken out at least 25 guys on that boat.

What a show, and what a revival. "24" has never shied away from having non-bright skies endings.

President Heller's conversation with Prime Minister Davies was heartbreaking.

Chloe is safe, Kate is going rogue, Mark Boudreau will be in prison forever & Cheng is dead.

Now how will Jack get out of Russia?

I'd say ONLY if he had no means to escape Cheng