The Official Patriots Knob-Bobbing Thread

IDBillzFan

There... I've done my part and moved my previous post to the official thread!

Most of it is repetitious...so it belongs here, but I think my Bart Starr comparison was something new.

I can't believe how many people continue to rip Brady. The comparisons to the Packers of the sixties will be the vogue discussion as the Pats approach this Super Bowl. Bart Starr is considered a great QB by most and there are many similarities between Brady and Starr. Both ran/run "system" offenses that evolved around ball control offenses with the occasional effective deep ball. Both had/have outstanding defenses. Neither seemed/seem to ever get rattled. Both have/had outstanding interception ratios.

It is not Brady's fault that he is the quarterback of this team. Again, Starr was considered a "great" quarterback... but basically he was a very good quarterback... in the right system... on a great team.

When the Bills play the Patriots I want them to knock the guys head off, but that does not "blind me" into saying he is lucky or not a very good quarterback.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't LIKE the Pats, but I respect them.

216906[/snapback]

Every self-respecting Bills fan should hate the Pats at this point, but every self-respecting football fan should be able to take the blinders off and acknowledge that they are a great team.

Same here. I respect them, but I still hate them.

Hmmm, even though it doesn't seem contradictory to respect yet hate someone, I don't think you can like someone and not respect them at the same time.

216917[/snapback]

I hate/respect the Patriots. It's funny, but I could only hate the undefeated Dolphins team. No respect there. Either my hatred was/is so strong for the Dolphins that it impacts my "logic" or I was just to young to give them the appropriate credit.

When the Bills play the Patriots I want them to knock the guys head off, but that does not "blind me" into saying he is lucky or not a very good quarterback.

216946[/snapback]

The thing about "luck" as it is brought up in regard to the Patriots and Brady is that I think they make their own luck. That is, it seems like most times after a team loses to them, they can point at a couple of plays that cost them the game, and maybe if a bounce had gone the other way....

But I think the Patriots are one of the most adaptable teams I have ever seen. They change the way they play week to week and maximize their opportunities for breaks to come their way. Most times, if they do get a bad bounce, they just step up and counter it with a good play, and the other team is left scratching their heads.

They change the way they play week to week

216968[/snapback]

I personally think this is their greatest strength. You can envy the players all you want, but unless you bring all of those players to your team, it is impossible to emulate the way they play the game.

However, this past year the one thing I noticed about our new coaches is that they tend to emulate the way the Patriots approach each game. It was at the very least a departure from what we saw from Killdrive.

The thing about "luck" as it is brought up in regard to the Patriots and Brady is that I think they make their own luck.  That is, it seems like most times after a team loses to them, they can point at a couple of plays that cost them the game, and maybe if a bounce had gone the other way....

But I think the Patriots are one of the most adaptable teams I have ever seen.  They change the way they play week to week and maximize their opportunities for breaks to come their way.  Most times, if they do get a bad bounce, they just step up and counter it with a good play, and the other team is left scratching their heads.

216968[/snapback]

During the Bills win streak this year, they had a lot of luck (things going their way) and no one... well almost no one, was saying they were lucky. They were playing good opportunistic football. But now, since this involves the hated Patriots... it is truly luck.

I personally think this is their greatest strength. You can envy the players all you want, but unless you bring all of those players to your team, it is impossible to emulate the way they play the game.

However, this past year the one thing I noticed about our new coaches is that they tend to emulate the way the Patriots approach each game. It was at the very least a departure from what we saw from Killdrive.

216984[/snapback]

That is what gives me hope for the future. If we can get an adaptable coaching staff we have a shot. Obviously they are not at the Patriots' level at this point, but as the season went on I got more and more comfortable with Mularkey's handling of the team.

During the Bills win streak this year, they had a lot of luck (things going their way) and no one... well almost no one, was saying they were lucky. They were playing good opportunistic football. But now, since this involves the hated Patriots... it is truly luck.

216989[/snapback]

Yeah, very true. When you have good players things go your way. What is luck is things like Givens' fumble bouncing right back to him yesterday, but most of what gets described as "luck" is players making plays.

I am a lifelong Patriots fan, but I am no troll here. I can understand why you would hate Patriot fan trolls. I respect your team and its accomplishments in the past. I just wish some of your posters would do the same. Hate the Pats all you want, but you should at least respect them. They do things the right way, and act with class. To call a team that is 33-3 in its last 36 games merely "lucky" is really missing the point. They are on one of the greatest runs in the history of the league, and that needs to be at least respected if you consider your self a knowledgeable football fan, and not just some sort of homer yahoo.

By the way, IMO, the Bills are headed in the right direction. I am a big fan of Mularkey's way of doing things...

As much as I hate the Patriots, it's retarded to stick your head in the sand and deny how good they are. A wise man once said in order to defeat your enemy, you must KNOW your enemy. Instead of denying what is obvious, better to study them and try to a chink in their armor.

PTR

Let's do this in crayolas, fellas. If you all want to talk about how great NE is, then here is your place to do it. What is so difficult about that? Why have eight different threads talking about how great they are...player by player, coach by coach. Let's be efficient and put it all here.

216786[/snapback]

Does this mean I can't start my own thread stating that Jim Brown and Barry Sanders couldn't carry Corey Dillon's jock?

Does this mean I can't start my own thread stating that Jim Brown and Barry Sanders couldn't carry Corey Dillon's jock?

217030[/snapback]

Jim Brown and Barry Sanders have not won Super Bowls. There is a very good chance that Dillon will win one this year. Therefore, Brown and Sanders cannot carry Dillon's jock.