No TE...... yet ?

No one in the NFL is touching him. There maybe more to his situation than what we know. For the record. I don't think the Bills are looking for the TE position to be a real factor in the passing game this year. With the glut of WRs, the TE role will be a safety valve and emphasis on run blocking.

The Bills brought in a forward from the Canisius basketball team for a work out for TE. There was a thread on it, but I can't find it. He also had never played organized football, but had a interest in playing TE and was training to do so.

Apologies--slight exaggeration, but 47 catches for 560 and 3 TDs as a rookie in 2010 is pretty darn good. Let's see if Ebron, ASJ or Amaro match that this year. Those numbers are similar to Chandler's best year. Moeaki was out 2011 and had a slip in production in 2012 before getting hurt again in 2013. My memory may be influenced by his pretty good game against us in 2010 (3 for 45) including some nice catches, which I caught firsthand live.

He was the hyped "Next" TE but he never really made it there. He never lived up to the hype BUT he is still relatively young and will have every opportunity to show and prove in camp.

To break down the "lack" of a TE is pretty easy. They all went super early. At this point in time I would not trade Kuoandjio for Ebron or Amaro so the bills made the right pick.

Then when the Third came around Ebron, Amaro, Austin S-J, Niklas, and Fiedorowicz were all gone.

And there was a pretty significant drop off to Rogers/Gilmore/Lynch; at that point so why bother drafting one. The Potential of Moeaki is greater than or equal to Rogers.

Interestingly enough Tampa Bay got my Boner-Ville combo of Mike Evans/Austin Seferian-Jenkins. That will be fun to watch.

I think, the Bills are actually sufficient at TE. It is not a position of emphasis in their offense, and the front office seems to feel satisfied with what they have, which is:

• Chandler is above average
  • Moeaki was an "up and comer" if he gets back to where he was, that's a huge bonus
  • Smith just blocks
  • Gragg seems to have all kinds of talent, needs to start using it
  • And I do think Kaufman will be the wild card

Edited by CSBill

Two things:

1. If one of us is reading about it because ESPN wrote about it, then it's something our scouting department is aware of.
  2. How many more skilled players can our offense accommodate? Between Spiller, Jackson, Brown, Dixon, Summers, Watkins, Woods, Williams, Goodwin, Chandler and Moleaki, we're already three or four footballs short. Where exactly do the TE piners demand he fit into the offense??

Gragg will emerge this year.

I think the Bills brass are hoping Gragg or Moeki (sp) will emerge.

They know what they have in Chandler. He lead the team in catches last year. So he is pretty good, not great but good none the less.

The Bills have plenty of weapons. it's on the coaching staff to draw up plays for these guys. It's really on EJ to make it happen.

They have put alot on EJ . They have lots of faith in him at OBD.

We shall see.

We don't need no stinking TE ...

I really wish we would get one as we haven't had one since Metzelars. Chandler is ok but no game changer and maybe Kaufman pan out but how many times have we heard a good TE is a QB's best friend especially a young one. For some reason the FO doesn't value the position <_<

God forbid we would actually utilize the position.on a regular basis for once? Chandler or whomever?