ESPN

sjjr

And McDonald's is probably one of the most successful restaurants (and businesses, period) in the history of the world.

Total volume perhaps as a restaurant, surely not as an overall business, and not in a lot of other relevant categories. ESPN dominates everything in its business, sports broadcasting, and in other businesses it has no business being bigger than, like network/cable broadcasting.

Instead of ESPN having a draft grade show the day after the draft ends. Why don't they go back three years, and do a draft grade show based on those analysis?...Go back and look at the picks they cheered, and jeered for and see who was right. The teams, or the draft gurus. I bet more often then not the gurus were wrong. Let's go back and see who got value, who reached, who was a sleeper, and who was a bust. It would be far more entertaining then the guessing that they are doing now.

That would be interesting; however, I wonder how intellectually honest they would be. I read an article by Kiper a couple days ago where he went back and assessed the grades he gave to all teams after the 2013 draft. I know you will find this hard to believe, but he felt he was pretty much spot on with almost every grade... :lol:

Total volume perhaps as a restaurant, surely not as an overall business, and not in a lot of other relevant categories. ESPN dominates everything in its business, sports broadcasting, and in other businesses it has no business being bigger than, like network/cable broadcasting.

That's Disney for ya.

Who says we wont have a 1st round selection next year? They can trade up if there is someone we just have to have.

Agreed. Whaley seems like a 'think two moves ahead' kind of guy and I would not be shocked to see him do something to get us into the bottom third of round 1 next year...

On the NFL network a couple guys ran through draft grades for the AFC East. When they came back to the desk from that Mayock was just shaking his head. They said something like "You didn't like that did you Mike?" and he said "That was the biggest waste of 10 minutes ever." FWIW, one gave the Bills an A and the other gave us a B+.

Yesterday I heard probably the best analysis of the draft on SIrius XM when one of the talking heads said, essentially, "The Bills are pushing all their chips in this week. They know they're either going to win and keep their jobs with the new owner, or lose and burn the house down on the way out."

It seems to me, otherwise, that if you are paid to discuss the NFL draft, you should lose your pay the minute you start grading it because it just shows us you're too stupid for the job.

So true. Having worked in start ups for over 20 years, I have seen this happen quite a few times. Company is in the 3rd year of its existence and almost ready to run out of VC funding. The inside guys take desperate measures; if they succeed and then find a buyer they are called genius; if they don't succeed, then they leave (or get fired) and new management comes in and start from scratch with zero talent (as the good folks are already gone) and then rebuild the company. No different....Everyone including the Buffalo Bills are living in the real world.