As much as I hate it, I think Oakland is our suitor

I've been thinking way too much (Thanks Goddell) and if we did trade up, the only possible suitor would be Oakland at 5. They have a lot of needs OL, WR, QB. I think if we offer Stevie and our 9th they can fill two of those needs right away and might jump at that. I hate the idea because I really love SJ, and would be sad if he left us, but the trade does make sense. Who do we select with the 5th? My guess is Evans will be there, and I think Bills brass like him more than Watkins. Yes, I am thinking that Bills want to replace SJ with another, younger taller wide-out. I guess they could be looking at Robinson as well.. Ah hell... This is maddening.. :)

Thoughts?

Tim-

I've been thinking way too much (Thanks Goddell) and if we did trade up, the only possible suitor would be Oakland at 5. They have a lot of needs OL, WR, QB. I think if we offer Stevie and our 9th they can fill two of those needs right away and might jump at that. I hate the idea because I really love SJ, and would be sad if he left us, but the trade does make sense. Who do we select with the 5th? My guess is Evans will be there, and I think Bills brass like him more than Watkins. Yes, I am thinking that Bills want to replace SJ with another, younger taller wide-out. I guess they could be looking at Robinson as well.. Ah hell... This is maddening.. :)

Thoughts?

Tim-

Thoughts?

Tim-

Thoughts?

Tim-

Why do people assume Stevie Johnson is part of the package? Teams don't package players in a trade-up; nor can you guarantee that anyone would want to trade for his contract (I am making no commentary on his production). If we trade up we'll be trading picks for picks.

Relevance? Who cares what team the Bills may trade with? What matters more is:

1 - Who are they trading up for?

2 - Could they have gotten a similar player at #9?

3 - What are they giving up in order to move up?

If they're trading up to make sure they get Robinson, Matthews, Watkins, or Evans, I probably will throw up in my mouth a little bit. Don't even care what they give up, because any of these guys could fall to them at #9 anyway. Trading up to get Mack or Clowney and it would come down to how much they would have to give up. If they gave up what was speculated (this years first, second and next years first) for Clowney, I'll also be unhappy.

Miami jumped from 13 to 3 with Oakland for a single second round pick. Maybe our bargain hunting, as we've been hearing, has led us to Oakland as well. If we can get a similar value for that trade up, I'm all for it.