I love steve tasker and all...

nodnarb

He constantly gets players wrong. And not just wrong...WAAAY wrong. He said "That was Ben Sobieski in on that sack for the Bills" and he just attributed a defensive tackle made on Willis by Dom Raiola. He's the Lion's center. Listen, he'll make a dozen or so more. He's been doing it constantly, all preseason. He needs to find a different vocation.

If you can't get the most fundamental aspect of your job right, week in and week out, try something else.

He's a decent game analyst on CBS but a horrible play by play guy.  He still isn't as bad as the Colts guy last week who called Moulds making the tackle on the opening kickoff and numerous other botches.

16558[/snapback]

I wholeheartedly agree with zow2 on that one. Tasker used to be a God awful ANALyst when he first started, but he has become better at it since then (why couldn't guys like Eric Dickerson, TMEP, and Ronnie Lott, perhaps the worst sportscaster of them all, ever improve?). He does, however, suck as a play by play guy.

He constantly gets players wrong. And not just wrong...WAAAY wrong. He said "That was Ben Sobieski in on that sack for the Bills" and he just attributed a defensive tackle made on Willis by Dom Raiola. He's the Lion's center. Listen, he'll make a dozen or so more. He's been doing it constantly, all preseason. He needs to find a different vocation.

If you can't get the most fundamental aspect of your job right, week in and week out, try something else.

16556[/snapback]

You took the words right out of my mouth. I don't know how many times I yelled at the TV telling Tasker to just shut up. It actually gets annoying when he is that bad.

I don't know who his spotter was, but I'd bet that had a lot to do with it.

I kept laughing everytime he called Tom White, one of the most recognizable refs in the league, by some other name (God knows he had enough opportunities to get it right once, with all the yellow hankies on the ground tonight).

16556[/snapback]

hes just looking at the numbers on the guys back. in preseason we often have 2 guys with the same number. i hear guys do that alot in preseason. like saying shobel made a nice reception, or that josh reed made the tackle in the back field, or the "the bills saftey josh reed causes a fumble with that big hit..."

you cant expect an announcer to know all the players by there numbers, in there heads. they all look at sheets that tell them the names. just a screw up in the paper work.

what really gets me is when the announcers are inconsistant. like during one of the preseason bills games. (you know how NFL network has home announcers talk for the first half, and away announcers talk for the second half...)

2 min. drill befor half time.

colts go 3 and out. and punt.

the guy says thats ok, cus a few guys dropped a pass, and they didnt turn the ball over. :D

so they punt to us. then we drive down the field with 1:15 seconds left and no time outs. but cus we threw accross the middle of the field each time for 15 yards, then spiked the ball, we had bad "clock managment". we ended up spiking the ball with 1 second left (a second they put back on the clock), and kick a field goal from the 30 yard line.

this guy praised the colts for "good" 2 min. drill when they went 3 and out, and bashed us, for "poor" clock managment, when we drove down with 1:15 and no timeouts, to kick a fieldgoal. WTF.

what really gets me is that this announcer played for the bills in the past. :P

you cant expect an announcer to know all the players by there numbers, in there heads. they all look at sheets that tell them the names. just a screw up in the paper work.

Actually, none of our players are wearing duplicative numbers. Tasker was just bad. He called Dominique Stevenson "Dwight." And he made a ton of mistakes last week too. It makes it hard to watch - you just want to turn down the sound.