Sam Bradford to Vikings?

I wonder if Minnesota still has Aaron Donald on their radar. Either at #13 or trade back up ahead of Giants. Could be a brilliant move for both teams.

Think this is a smokescreen . Lots of rumors flying around these days

This one makes a lot of sense though. Passes the sniff test.

Maybe we could draft Donald, and if the guy we want is still available at #13 like Z.Martin or Ebron, and pick up a #2 from Minnesota.

Edited by 75Bills

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I SO want this to be true just for the drama...It would make for one of the best Draft stories in recent years...Especially if it caused a team to move up to #1, or for Houston to stay put and take a QB at #1...It would be awesome...

The only thing that makes me think it's not going to happen is the fact that it came out today...This would seemingly be the kind of move that you want to keep under serious wraps...Because by all accounts it was looking like Houston was going to be stuck at #1 and taking Clowney... We'll see I guess...But at the absolute least things just got interesting for the NFL Network tonight... :thumbsup:

Boom...goes the dynamite.

I live in St. Louis, and I think Sam Bradford is the master of mediocrity. The guy has a cap hit next year of 17.5 million. He hasn't gotten it done. If they make this deal, they could take Watkins at 2 and Manziel at 8. Or Manziel at 2 and a tackle at 8. Bradford does not excite anybody around here.

Since the Rams are in the toughest division in the league, I am thinking they need to figure out a way to upgrade ther QB position as he is now going into year 5. Their defense and running game have been pretty good. They hammered the Colts in Indy, without Bradford. Can you imagine what this board would be like if EJ was going into year 5 and no playoffs, the Bills were sitting at pick 2 and considered taking an OT? Edited by YoloinOhio

The only problem bradford has had is a crap OL and no weapons. Kid can easily be a top 5 QB and a superbowl winner if they just get him some help. Check out the kids stats before he went down with the knee

And IF he went to the Vikings, talk about helping a QB out with a stable running game and a real, dynamic playmaker at RB! Bradford would go to a much better environment, and hope that the Vikings would address some Offense issues to help him out, but despite the record, the Vikes aren't a total trash heap, they've got players and there's some real room for Bradford to make some difference on that team...and of course, going to another team with a Dome helps him, and the Vikes getting a ready and hopefully able QB to compete in the NFC North gets that team sort of on-par with the other QBs in that Division...no, he's not even close to Rodgers, but despite the billing, Stafford has had issues staying healthy and that team still can't seem to win consistently, and while Cutler is gifted, he can't seem to win consistently either...so, Bradford is at least in the mix of those other two...

And IF he went to the Vikings, talk about helping a QB out with a stable running game and a real, dynamic playmaker at RB! Bradford would go to a much better environment, and hope that the Vikings would address some Offense issues to help him out, but despite the record, the Vikes aren't a total trash heap, they've got players and there's some real room for Bradford to make some difference on that team...and of course, going to another team with a Dome helps him, and the Vikes getting a ready and hopefully able QB to compete in the NFC North gets that team sort of on-par with the other QBs in that Division...no, he's not even close to Rodgers, but despite the billing, Stafford has had issues staying healthy and that team still can't seem to win consistently, and while Cutler is gifted, he can't seem to win consistently either...so, Bradford is at least in the mix of those other two...

Bradford showed serious signs of starting to figure it out before the last injury...Just have to keep him upright...Which is no small task mind you...

And on another note...maybe it's just me...but I can totally see Fisher falling in love with Manziel...I'm not sure exactly why I feel that way...But I can see it for whatever reason... B-)

I live in St. Louis, and I think Sam Bradford is the master of mediocrity. The guy has a cap hit next year of 17.5 million. He hasn't gotten it done. If they make this deal, they could take Watkins at 2 and Manziel at 8. Or Manziel at 2 and a tackle at 8. Bradford does not excite anybody around here.

I think it would be Manziel at 2 and Evans at 8.

I remember proposing the Rams do something like this a couple of months ago...lol

Bradford showed serious signs of starting to figure it out before the last injury...Just have to keep him upright...Which is no small task mind you...

And on another note...maybe it's just me...but I can totally see Fisher falling in love with Manziel...I'm not sure exactly why I feel that way...But I can see it for whatever reason... B-)

Well he did draft Vince Young and Jake Locker who are both mobile QBs as well. Maybe be prefers to have a QB like that. Edited by YoloinOhio

Well he did draft Vince Young and Jake Locker who are both mobile QBs as well. Maybe be prefers to have a QB like that.

And the best QB he coached was McNair...Which was a bit of a gamble pick at the time as well... :thumbsup:

And the best QB he coached was McNair...Which was a bit of a gamble pick at the time as well... :thumbsup:

How could I forget that... something tells me Fisher is ready to move on from Bradford and maybe he'll sweeten the deal to the Vikes to get him out. IIRC, Les Snead is the GM but Fisher is highly involved in these decisions. Edited by YoloinOhio

I agree - and STL has a very young team which many feel is being held back by Bradford in his 5th yr with no playoffs, plus they get the contract off the books. It almost makes too much sense and therefore won't happen :lol:

Agree on everything. Question...what is the Vikings cap situation? Do they have room for Bradford's contract? I guess it isn't too expensive since the signing bonus has been accounted for and already hit the Rams cap.

Agree on everything. Question...what is the Vikings cap situation? Do they have room for Bradford's contract? I guess it isn't too expensive since the signing bonus has been accounted for and already hit the Rams cap.

Bradford's contract Per Rotoworld:

2014: $14.015 million, 2015: $12.985 million, 2016: Free Agent

Signed 6-year 78 mill contract. All guaranteed money including bonuses and salary years 1-4 have been paid.

Per Over the Cap:

MN's cap space for 2014 is just over $10.3 mill

I don't know how to see what the cap hit is if it is different than the actual salary? Per Rotoworld, " His deal would almost certainly have to be restructured for a trade to be worked out."

Edited by YoloinOhio

Bradford's contract Per Rotoworld:

2014: $14.015 million, 2015: $12.985 million, 2016: Free Agent

Signed 6-year 78 mill contract. All guaranteed money including bonuses and salary years 1-4 have been paid.

Per Over the Cap:

MN's cap space for 2014 is just over $10.3 mill

I don't know how to see what the cap hit is if it is different than the actual salary? Per Rotoworld, " His deal would almost certainly have to be restructured for a trade to be worked out."

Thanks for the info!

But he was the franchise, A-number-1 can't-miss pick of the 2010 draft! Are you suggesting that he didn't live up to that expectation?

And whoever Joaquin1119 was back on April 22, 2010 (all of 280 posts) he was a visionary...but not much on grammar or spelling.

the rams going to draft there future bust QB (Sam Bradford)
Edited by PromoTheRobot

He has always had a good running game, but he has never had the talented WR's that he would have in Minnesota.

(I know none of them were Adrian Peterson, but the RB's he has had have put up excellent rushing numbers, especially Jackson and Stacy.)

He has always had a good running game, but he has never had the talented WR's that he would have in Minnesota.

(I know none of them were Adrian Peterson, but the RB's he has had have put up excellent rushing numbers, especially Jackson and Stacy.)

Fair enough, but Jackson had issues with staying healthy and Stacy was a Rookie last year when Bradford couldn't get healthy. So to be well-balanced, Jackson was a good RB, when healthy but his inability to stay on the field consistently caused problems, especially when game-planning as the Rams would plan to run to take some of the heat off of Bradford and then Jackson get injured early in the year or in a game and Bradford would be forced to pass 50+ times per game...so, it's a nuance of a distinction but an important one. Ane yes AP had a major injury but then he rebounded quickly and went on to have an incredible year after it healed...and AP has largely been considered healthy overall...and absolutely agree, Rams did NOTHING to help Bradford until last year when it came to getting good, big, fast WRs....sounds familiar doesn't it??