Eddie George

JimBob2232

I think this would be a great move. He clearly wont be back with dallas next year. I would like to see him here in buffalo as a third down back. He is a character guy who would add a solid veteran presence to the team. He would be very cheap. Nothing not to like about this unless you are a big shaud supporter. I like shaud, but I am unsure he has what it takes if willis goes down.

I think he is going to make the minimum wherever he goes, and we HAVE to bring in another back from somewhere who will be making at least the minimum. I said third down back because willis is not really the hard hitting up the middle smashmouth back you want on 3rd and short. Shaud definatly isnt, and our fullback takes very few carries. I think eddie fills this role nicely.

My god, you people are losing your minds!!!!!!! Eddie George is a name player, whose best days are long behind him. He was horrible in Dallas, and contributed little, if anything to their offense. Christ, why don't we try to go out and pick up Emmitt Smith while we're at it...get a grip on yourselves!!!!! Think younger players, with upside, who will come at a cheaper price, not name has beens who have been cast off by two teams in less than two years, and even at the vet minimum, would be a waste of salary cap money.

I think this would be a great move.  He clearly wont be back with dallas next year.  I would like to see him here in buffalo as a third down back.  He is a character guy who would add a solid veteran presence to the team.  He would be very cheap.  Nothing not to like about this unless you are a big shaud supporter.  I like shaud, but I am unsure he has what it takes if willis goes down.

215741[/snapback]

George is all but done...Too much punishment on that big, angular body over the years...Great RB in his prime, but his prime was a while back...

I'm not too worried about the Back-Up HB Position...Decent Backs can be had late in the Draft, and Williams will return in 2005, so the Bills will not be in bad shape there... :devil:

We can sign a decent backup RB this offseason, there are a bunch of them available. A lot of "not quite stars" but still decent players who can fill in when needed. Backup RB is easily the last on my list of improvements needed this offseason (behind two O-Line improvements, a new kicker, a nickel CB and a good 3rd WR).

We can sign a decent backup RB this offseason, there are a bunch of them available.  A lot of "not quite stars" but still decent players who can fill in when needed.  Backup RB is easily the last on my list of improvements needed this offseason (behind two O-Line improvements, a new kicker, a nickel CB and a good 3rd WR).

215918[/snapback]

dang. we are thinking the exact same thing :devil:

We can sign a decent backup RB this offseason, there are a bunch of them available.  A lot of "not quite stars" but still decent players who can fill in when needed.  Backup RB is easily the last on my list of improvements needed this offseason (behind two O-Line improvements, a new kicker, a nickel CB and a good 3rd WR).

215918[/snapback]

Exactly! :devil:

215918[/snapback]

I think Travis Henry may be available at a cheap price. :devil: