Official Tom Brady thread

I wish we had Brady! We'd probably be in the Super Bowl. We have more talented WRs than New England--he'd probably have done quite well here. Oh well let's hope another Californian can produce similar results in the Northeast. We're waiting JP.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, I hate Brady as much as any Bills-loving fan, but these posts are ridiculous. Bellichek was simply an above average coach before Brady took over. He makes that team what it is. All the big throws he makes takes the pressure off of every other aspect of their team. To compare him to Trent Green is laughable. That team was awful in 2001 before Brady took over. To say that he didn't desrve the MVP in last year's Super Bowl is ignorant. Monatana only had the greatest WR to ever live playing with him. And Elway couldn't win any big game before Terrell Davis. People here are just letting their disdain for Brady cloud their judgement.

Thank You. My 1st thought when reading this thread title.  :D

What about Otto Graham ?  10 Years, 7 Championships . Johnny Unitis, Y.A. Tittle, Sammy Baugh. It's always a debate.

216681[/snapback]

I used to think Barry Sanders was the best pure runner to ever play in the NFL until I saw tape of Jim Brown and Gayle Sayers......

A list of QB's I would take over Brady (in no particular order)

1. Montana

2. Young

3. Marino

4. Favre

5. Kelly

6. Graham

7. Manning

8. Tarkenton

9. Bradshaw

10. Staubach

11. McNabb

12. Culpepper

13. Fouts

14. Elway

15. Unitas

16. Moon

Did I miss anyone else?

1.    Montana

2.    Young

3.    Marino

4.    Favre

5.    Kelly

6.    Graham

7.    Manning

8.    Tarkenton

9.    Bradshaw

10.  Staubach

11.  McNabb

12.  Culpepper

13.  Fouts

14.  Elway

15.  Unitas

16.  Moon

Did I miss anyone else?

216743[/snapback]

Sammy Baugh

Bobby Layne

Bart Starr

1.    Montana

2.    Young

3.    Marino

4.    Favre

5.    Kelly

6.    Graham

7.    Manning

8.    Tarkenton

9.    Bradshaw

10.  Staubach

11.  McNabb

12.  Culpepper

13.  Fouts

14.  Elway

15.  Unitas

16.  Moon

Did I miss anyone else?

216743[/snapback]

How about Reich? lol Come on, the guy has the greatest comeback in both college and pro ball, doesn't he? How can you not love that guy :w00t:

Brady has the SB rings and SB MVPs. but Ty Law should have won those MVPs.

Please explain to me what Ty law did to deserve the Super Bowl MVP award n Super Bowl 38. He was part of a secondary that got LIT UP by Delhomme, didn't record an INT, and was part of a defense that gave up 29 ponts and looed lost in the second half.

brady only got them cus he managed to get 30 yards to set up the field goals. and you can not tell me brady won his team those 2 SBs. if anything, he just "didnt loose them the game".

Did you even watch SB 38? Brady threw for 350+ yards, set a record with 32 completions, and threw for three TDs.

1.    Montana

2.    Young

3.    Marino

4.    Favre

5.    Kelly

6.    Graham

7.    Manning

8.    Tarkenton

9.    Bradshaw

10.  Staubach

11.  McNabb

12.  Culpepper

13.  Fouts

14.  Elway

15.  Unitas

16.  Moon

Did I miss anyone else?

216743[/snapback]

What about Drew?

How many Super Bowls does BB win if he still had Drew starting? :w00t:

lol, I bow to your intellectual prowess and appreciate your, um, contribution to my growth :w00t:

And yeah, the media does hype vick a lot.......he's obviously very marketable, but at the same time, the guy DOES win........they've had stretches without him and they suck. He brings a lot to the game, I just don't think he, nor the Falcons as a team, are ready for prime time yet..........but you have to admit, the guy does have a lot of upside. What bothers me is you always hear him saying how he feels like he has good control of the offense, etc. If he can't realize how far he has to go, he'll never get there. In his own mind, he's probably already better than the Culpeppers, McNabbs, and Mannings.....he needs to look a bit more objectively at his game and refine it.

216360[/snapback]

There are a couple of things I think. Vick will not be a championship-caliber QB unless he can get better at passing. Also, Atlanta's offense is so one-dimensional that a playoff defense can contain him and completely shut things down. They need to bring in at least one #1 receiver to give him a target besides Alge Crumpler.

Brady is a system QB in one hell of a system. Put him on a sh------- team, he'd be an above average QB at best. Good field vision, quick release.....and thats about it. Without even thinking about it, I can name 6 QBs who I'd take over Brady (Manning, McNabb, Vick, Culpepper, Farve, McNair). I'll give props to the Patriots front office for putting together a great staff and giving them the players they needed to have one of the best systems in football, but, I'm not going to sit here and hear that Brady is one of the best QBs of all time. He's not even one of the best QBs THIS YEAR. Shoot, he's not even the best player on the Patriots. Dillon and Bruschi are much more valuable than Brady is. Want to think of something scary? Put McNabb or Culpepper on that team, see how he would do. I think most of the NFL is going to be in for a big suprise with both Coordinators leaving this offseason, Brady and the Pats are going to have a pretty average year in '05(8-8ish), unless they get some great coordinators in there. Bottom line is, success alone does not make a QB a great QB. Success makes a great team a great team.

These types of arguments are usually a complete wast of time, but I am determined to have some fun with it.

On that note, let us look at the hypothetical 10 team PGFL (The Pearly Gates Football League) where scouts determine talant based on past (last 40 years) NFL performance and how players will perform in the system. There is only one system, mind you, and all the teams have the same coach. Style leans towards an interesting balance between "finess" and "smash-mouth." Who do the scouts grab to lead their teams and in what order? Remember, they are all about inate talent. They already have the best coaching staff in the Universe.

The 1st rounders:

1. Unitas

2. Elway

3. Namath

4. Kelly

5. Marino

6. Bradshaw

7. Young

8. Manning

9. Farve

10. Staubach

Honorable Mention:

Montana

Starr

Aikman

Lamonica

Dawson

Stabler

Tarkington

Fouts

Anyway, you get my point.

Note that Young went ahead of Montana. Why? Because, all things being equal, he was simply the more gifted QB. Kwibble about the order, I don't care. My point is that, in a league with an even playing field, the guys like Montana and Brady drop because they don't have the physical tools of the guys ahead of them.

What, Brady not even with an honroable mention? Note that Bob Griece's not on here either. Another system guy. Rings and records are relative - football is a (big) team sport.

I'll take Brady's resume over damn near anybody, and if he wins a third ring and gets another MVP, Joe Montana better move over because he will be #1.

216685[/snapback]

Not yet he won't. The guy is great, but puttinghim ahead of Montana now is a little early.

Let me ask one simple question. If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning switched teams, how many Super Bowls would the Patriots have won?

I have a lot of respect for Brady (who looks too much like Donnie Osmond for my comfort level). But Manning is the best quarterback playing today. Brady has a better team (especially defense) and a better coach. Put Manning in his place and I can't believe that the Patsies would not be just as good or better.

LOL, you'd seriously take Culpepper and Vick over Brady? This isn't Madden, it's real football.

Brady has more assets than just good field vision and a quick release, although those are very important. Brady is also extremely good at feeling the rush and sliding his feet to avoid it and set up his blockers (Bill Walsh said Brady is the most mobile QB in the league), and he's extremely accurate and a great leader. Basically, everything we've ever wanted in a QB, he has, except the Bills jersey.

LOL, you'd seriously take Culpepper and Vick over Brady?  This isn't Madden, it's real football. 

Brady has more assets than just good field vision and a quick release, although those are very important.  Brady is also extremely good at feeling the rush and sliding his feet to avoid it and set up his blockers (Bill Walsh said Brady is the most mobile QB in the league), and he's extremely accurate and a great leader.  Basically, everything we've ever wanted in a QB, he has, except the Bills jersey.

216798[/snapback]

Yup. Both QBs would succeed in spite of what system they played in. Some systems would make them more successful, but they would still be great QBs. You can't say the same for Brady.