Walden Super Flea rumoured to be closing

I just heard from a friend whose friend just opened a stall there. Everyone out by the end of May. No word why. (Sold to developers?) Hope it isn't true. I stop at the Super Flea every time I'm in town. You have to sift through the crap to find the gems but that's half the fun.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I just heard from a friend whose friend just opened a stall there. Everyone out by the end of May. No word why. (Sold to developers?) Hope it isn't true. I stop at the Super Flea every time I'm in town. You have to sift through the crap to find the gems but that's half the fun.

awww, that sucks :thumbdown:

Benderson is putting a Lowe's there. The Super Flea is supposed to move to South Cheektowaga at the site of the now totally empty former Garden Village Plaza. The last store (Dollar General) just moved out of there in the last few weeks and it looks like they might finally demolish that eyesore. Not sure if that all can happen so quickly but I sure hope so as the decrepit plaza has been a blight on our neighborhood for years.

Benderson is putting a Lowe's there. The Super Flea is supposed to move to South Cheektowaga at the site of the now totally empty former Garden Village Plaza. The last store (Dollar General) just moved out of there in the last few weeks and it looks like they might finally demolish that eyesore. Not sure if that all can happen so quickly but I sure hope so as the decrepit plaza has been a blight on our neighborhood for years.

Wow... That is right where I grew up... Off of French, what an that was... Used to be Grants, then Hills back in the day... Driving across that parking lot is hardere than driving across the moon.

Where do you live? I grew up off of French and my father still lives there... My in-laws bought @ the new homes there by the apartments a few years back. We've been there when French was a two lane country road... I still remember going over (as a very little child) the old French Rd. bridge that they finally took down a while back.

Walden Super Flea is going to be turned I to a monster Wallmart. The Suoer Flea is going to be moved to another location. Don't remeber where but I don't think it was on Walden.

It is a shame though. I grew up in that place. I used to love going with my dad as a kid. I bought everything from baseball cards, to video games, to knives. It truly was a great memory of my youth.

Once upon a time a long, long, time ago. Moog Music Inc. had much of that space on Walden. Bob Moog(RIP). Had moved the plant from a old horse rendering plant in Williamsville. before that he was located in Trumansburg.

Many big name musicians walked through those doors on Walden. The post Bob Moog music is now located in Ashville NC.

Wow... That is right where I grew up... Off of French, what an that was... Used to be Grants, then Hills back in the day... Driving across that parking lot is hardere than driving across the moon.

Where do you live? I grew up off of French and my father still lives there... My in-laws bought @ the new homes there by the apartments a few years back. We've been there when French was a two lane country road... I still remember going over (as a very little child) the old French Rd. bridge that they finally took down a while back.

I live off Towers Blvd

That's not what I heard. I heard it was going to be some super walmart there.

A quick search shows you are correct. The original proposal many years ago was for Lowe's but apparently that fell through and it will be a Wal-Mart, leaving their current location a mile away at the old Thruway Mall another vacant blight on the landscape. Yay!

Meh. Some gigantic dollar general will go up or something in its place. That area is primed for a record size store selling everything for a buck.

I should know. My apartment rental is right around the corner.

A recent friend of mine is the guy who sells the tires out front. I figured he is dirt poor until I saw his Corvette, Escalade, and large lake front house. OK the lake was Como Park Lake but still...........................

My understanding is that West Seneca is going to fight pretty hard on having that flea market come to their town

Best buy I ever made there was giant floor mat with a huge Harley Davidson logo to park your bike on. I bought 3 for $25 total and gave two away. HD dealer wanted like $50-$60 a piece. Were they knock-offs? Who cares, they looked cool

Edited by MarkyMannn

A recent friend of mine is the guy who sells the tires out front. I figured he is dirt poor until I saw his Corvette, Escalade, and large lake front house. OK the lake was Como Park Lake but still...........................

My understanding is that West Seneca is going to fight pretty hard on having that flea market come to their town

Best buy I ever made there was giant floor mat with a huge Harley Davidson logo to park your bike on. I bought 3 for $25 total and gave two away. HD dealer wanted like $50-$60 a piece. Were they knock-offs? Who cares, they looked cool

that guy is loaded for sure. Probably the wealthiest guy at that flea market for sure.