Rumor: (per Chris Wesseling of nfl.com) Stevie Johnson on the trading

Bush's second best receiving season was last year (506 receiving yards). Sproles was an excellent receiver with SD too (twice averaging over 11 ypc). Of course, Rivers is excellent too.

As for Spiller on the Saints, sure, he'd be better, but all the backs for the Saints (except Ingram) tend to perform well. Which just shows that RBs are pretty interchangeable. It's why no one drafts them in rd 1 anymore. Anyway, I don't think there's much difference between Bush and Spiller. It's not only the stats that tell me that; it's my own eyes. Bush has been pretty darn good the last three seasons.

of all the backs that the Saints have had the last few years, only thomas was a low investment. They have had a lot of talent in their back field.

Sproles and Bush are comparable IMO. Both great recivers out of the back field, but I've never liked either running the ball a lot.

McCoy and Charles I find comparable to each other, the opposite of the first two. Great runners, not so great recivers.

CJ we have seen excel at both. I'm excited for a healthy CJ this year.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh look another trade stevie thread. haven't there been about 50 too many to bother with?

well, the difference in my mind was that previous threads were started by a fan saying that they wish we'd trade stevie while this thread was relaying an actual nfl.com report that the Bills have been shopping stevie.

of all the backs that the Saints have had the last few years, only thomas was a low investment. They have had a lot of talent in their back field.

Sproles and Bush are comparable IMO. Both great recivers out of the back field, but I've never liked either running the ball a lot.

McCoy and Charles I find comparable to each other, the opposite of the first two. Great runners, not so great recivers.

Fair points. That said, I thought Bush ran really well for the Dolphins. Not sure why they let him go -- the successor wasn't as good.

Fair points. That said, I thought Bush ran really well for the Dolphins. Not sure why they let him go -- the successor wasn't as good.

He did. Not a bad job in Detroit either. The best of his last three years was at Miami. Bush had a 5 yard average. I just know that CJ can give us a 6 yard average season.

Really doesn't make too much sense to trade Stevie Johnson at this point if you're the Bills unless you're blown away by a Percy Harvin type offer. All of us as Bills' fans have been collectively been complaining all offseason about our lack of talent at WR. Yet, some of you just want to trade away our most proven & effective one (for peanuts in some cases)?

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. None of these kids in the draft have proven anything in the NFL. Watkins could be great but he also could flame out. No one knows at this point because he's never played a snap in the NFL. Mike Williams was a great pickup but he's one f'up from a suspension. Stevie may not be a true #1 but he's proven he can be effective against theach best CBs in the NFL (Revis, Sherman). Why get rid of that for peanuts when you have a young QB who needs as many weapons as possible?

He struggled last season but I'm willing to give him a pass. Manuel missed a bunch of TC and preseason snaps so there's that. Then you have a new coaching staff with an entirely new scheme. The injury didn't help either. Still, he was on pace for his best season ever before injuries struck. I want to see what EJ & Stevie can do with a full off season together & another year in system.

Yet, Spiller ran for more yards in 2012 than Bush has in a much longer career at a much higher ypa.

Bush has better hands but Spiller is the better runner and more explosive after the catch.

I know that C Biscuit disagrees but I think that Reggie and Spiller are very similar (that is meant to be a compliment to each).

Over the last 3 years (rushing & receiving):

Player A: 631 touches for 3,651 yards (5.8 yards per touch) & 16 TDs

Player B: 798 touches for 4,172 yards (5.2 yards per touch) & 22 TDs

One of those players is Spiller and one is Reggie Bush. It's debatable as to which I would pick but they just aren't that different.

Only thing Kirby is this is completely skewed by Spiller only getting 107 carries one year. Personally after this year, there will be no comparison between Spiller and Bush as rushers after this year.

Bush has gotten more carries later in his career. Spiller is off to a much better start as a rusher than Bush & CJ has had the best season total. As for the receiving, Bush probably has the better hands. But IMO, he has been helped by Great Gameplans & superior talent around him.

well, that's an interesting parallel you're trying to draw.....what smoke? The eagles asked about spiller. Bills said no. Marrone told SJ he won't be traded. Everything else is garbage from media outlets, or assumtions from boards like this.

This says it all, and no I don't think there is any mis direction included. Especially on SJ.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

I just cant see trading Stevie this year due to financial constraints.

And i dont think that Bills new FO has interest in such. Unless SJ doesnt want to be here.

He did seem to be unhappy with those crossing routes !

Keep the vet for another year and see what shakes out.

Yet, Spiller ran for more yards in 2012 than Bush has in a much longer career at a much higher ypa.

Bush has better hands but Spiller is the better runner and more explosive after the catch.

Only thing Kirby is this is completely skewed by Spiller only getting 107 carries one year. Personally after this year, there will be no comparison between Spiller and Bush as rushers after this year.

Bush has gotten more carries later in his career. Spiller is off to a much better start as a rusher than Bush & CJ has had the best season total. As for the receiving, Bush probably has the better hands. But IMO, he has been helped by Great Gameplans & superior talent around him.

... And bush had more yards in 2011 and 2013. We could keep going in circles about this. My only correction at this point is that the issue isn't that bush has better hands (which he does), but that he runs better routes. It's an important feature. You can comtinue to hang your hat on 2012, but I'll stick with the larger sample. In 8 seasons, Bush has 8404 yards. In 4 seasons, Spiller has 4091. They're basically the same, although Bush is slightly better in terms of yardage per season. They're more or less equally talented as returners, although neither do it anymore.

Edited by dave mcbride