What would be the impact of Disclosure on your politics?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the alien species could be a threat if they have the technology to be here.

Once again how so? I tell my wife before I die I want to see an alien craft land. She says "No way. If they're here they'd only be here to destroy us." What if they were came and taught us to utilize the planet and it's resources in a much more efficient manner. The presence of a higher intellegence is not always a bad thing. Kind of like when Tom visits here. Ohhhhhhhhh, wait now I get it. So you're all afraid they'll be running around calling us idiots. :D

How so? Human nature is typically pretty violent and territorial. How is the proof of aliens going to change our DNA? I think you guys have been watching too many movies.

devils_advocate_500.jpg

Purely playing Devil's Advocate:

You brought up the possibility in your first post that life on Earth was potentially seeded by an ET intelligence. If the world was confronted with absolute proof of this reality, after an adjustment period (which would most likely be bloody), the entire "conflict-structure" of organized religions would dissipate. Without organized religion promoting divisiveness throughout the world, it could at least make it possible for people to communicate person to person rather than group to group.

It wouldn't be an overnight switch unless there was a drastic event that precipitated the "announcement" (war/famine/false flag), but the knowledge that there is at least one other sentient species out there that survived its own technological infancy to be able to travel the stars might give the world hope that we could do the same if only we get out of our own way.

EDIT: Another thing that could help would be if there was some sort of technology exchange. One that gives us a source of renewable free energy (something that would be needed in order to travel the stars more than likely). This gift alone would free us from the death spiral we currently find ourselves in. It would also effectively end global poverty and level the playing field for each nation.

That would have a huge effect in terms of bringing global peace. But it would take a bit of time.

Edited by GreggyT

I feel very strongly and have for years that alien life has visited us and I even feel there's a great possibility that that's where we came from. So having said that it would not change my politics one single bit.

How so? Human nature is typically pretty violent and territorial. How is the proof of aliens going to change our DNA? I think you guys have been watching too many movies.

:doh:

:doh:

It absolutely explains how the human species has advanced has far as it has in such a relatively short period of time. Why have other species not evolved as we have? I assume you think we climed out of the primordial ooz and just developed into what we are today?

But thanks or adding your well thought out post. One of your better ones.

It absolutely explains how the human species has advanced has far as it has in such a relatively short period of time. Why have other species not evolved as we have? I assume you think we climed out of the primordial ooz and just developed into what we are today?

But thanks or adding your well thought out post. One of your better ones.

What short period of time are you talking about?

devils_advocate_500.jpg

Purely playing Devil's Advocate:

You brought up the possibility in your first post that life on Earth was potentially seeded by an ET intelligence. If the world was confronted with absolute proof of this reality, after an adjustment period (which would most likely be bloody), the entire "conflict-structure" of organized religions would dissipate. Without organized religion promoting divisiveness throughout the world, it could at least make it possible for people to communicate person to person rather than group to group.

It wouldn't be an overnight switch unless there was a drastic event that precipitated the "announcement" (war/famine/false flag), but the knowledge that there is at least one other sentient species out there that survived its own technological infancy to be able to travel the stars might give the world hope that we could do the same if only we get out of our own way.

EDIT: Another thing that could help would be if there was some sort of technology exchange. One that gives us a source of renewable free energy (something that would be needed in order to travel the stars more than likely). This gift alone would free us from the death spiral we currently find ourselves in. It would also effectively end global poverty and level the playing field for each nation.

That would have a huge effect in terms of bringing global peace. But it would take a bit of time.

So religion is the only cause of conflict on this planet? And why would aliens refute the existance of a god? If we decended from aliens it would prove the god didn't create us. He may very well have created them.

What short period of time are you talking about?

5,000-10,000 years. Or even a lot less if you want to look at how far we've come in the last 500-1,000 years.

Edited by Chef Jim

So religion is the only cause of conflict on this planet? And why would aliens refute the existance of a god? If we decended from aliens it would prove the god didn't create us. He may very well have created them.

5,000-10,000 years. Or even a lot less if you want to look at how far we've come in the last 500-1,000 years.

Not following you. Are you saying that the planet was here, with all the plants and animals and then people were planted here by aliens, people that were ignorant but smart? But because they were so advanced mentally they "quickly" figured out science and technology. Is that what you are saying?

Never said it was the only, but historically it's the biggest. More people have killed and died for their God than for any other cause in the history of our species. Organized religions, by and large, preach conflict, not unity. They pit the faithful against the faithless.

If, again playing Devil's Advocate, what you are saying is true that we were seeded by ET intelligence and they returned to share that news with us, that would answer so many theological questions that a re-imagining of nearly every faith's core principles would be required. It in no way disproves God or eliminates religion as a concept, but it would certainly change the face of every major religion on the planet.

For proof, look at how much the Vatican has changed over the past few years. They've already embraced the possibility of intelligent ET life elsewhere in the universe, going as far to say they have souls. Imagine what would have happened 200 years ago if someone dared to even suggest that possibility. God created us special -- at least that's what the Roman Catholic Church has preached since it's very formation. And now, that same church (without any verifiable proof mind you) has completely reversed that position... in just the past 5 years.

And that was WITHOUT ET contact. Imagine how much would change if there was actual contact.

Not following you. Are you saying that the planet was here, with all the plants and animals and then people were planted here by aliens, people that were ignorant but smart? But because they were so advanced mentally they "quickly" figured out science and technology. Is that what you are saying?

We are an experiement planted by the aliens. A cross breed between them and the apes that were here when they arrived. That's how we were able to advance beyond the apes because of the cross breeding with the intelligent life of the aliens. Is this what happened? Who the !@#$ knows but it's interesting to think about and explains a lot of things. I don't believe god created us and I don't believe we evolved from the primordial ooze. We are so different from any species that is native to this planet.

We are an experiement planted by the aliens. A cross breed between them and the apes that were here when they arrived. That's how we were able to advance beyond the apes because of the cross breeding with the intelligent life of the aliens. Is this what happened? Who the !@#$ knows but it's interesting to think about and explains a lot of things. I don't believe god created us and I don't believe we evolved from the primordial ooze. We are so different from any species that is native to this planet.

I like this theory.

In this scenario wouldn't the intelligent life that performed this experiment essentially be God then? I don't think it would be a far stretch to say that God is an alien seeing that by definition whatever type of being God is would definitely be alien to humans.

Expanding on this could even fit the peace on earth scenario in that it would prove the existence of God.... then again it could cause chaos and complete destruction of anything civilized too....

Like Chef said "Who the !@#$ knows"....

It is fun to talk about though.

http://www.outerplac...io-bursts-again

Radio waves of unknown origin being directed at Earth.

I like this theory.

In this scenario wouldn't the intelligent life that performed this experiment essentially be God then?

That's the entire foundation of the "Ancient Astronaut" theory. It theorizes that ET astronauts made contact with early man and due to their advanced technology were mistaken for Gods.

But just because ETs could genetically alter and seed life (as we are nearly capable of doing now with our own science) does not make them Gods any more than it made us God when we created Dolly.

Edited by GreggyT

I like this theory.

In this scenario wouldn't the intelligent life that performed this experiment essentially be God then? I don't think it would be a far stretch to say that God is an alien seeing that by definition whatever type of being God is would definitely be alien to humans.

Expanding on this could even fit the peace on earth scenario in that it would prove the existence of God.... then again it could cause chaos and complete destruction of anything civilized too....

No, god is a higher spirit. A spirit of the universe so to speak. (BTW I'm not religious nor spiritual so I'm making **** up). That would make them our creator not our God which to most religions are one in the same. I would love to watch that realization blow their minds however. :devil:

Now my other theory is very similar but one with very unintended consequences. They were here on our planet for either a very long stay or got stranded became horny as hell (males all over the universe are likely the same) looked at the apes and thought. Hmmm, why not.......but you go first.

Edited by Chef Jim

By so different do you mean 99% similar? Nearly identical DNA?

The main difference between human beings and chimps or gorillas is that we had the breakthrough of passing on knowledge. In terms of cognitive ability, theres not a ton of difference between modern apes and our ancestors based on brain size. Other species teach their young too but none are as capable as humans when it comes to sharing and passing on knowledge. This is a crucial step. Rather than spend a lifetime merely learning how to survive man begins life with a great foundation of knowledge. From there, language and recording knowledge were not far behind. Cultivation of grain was the next step. Its remarkable what you can figure out when you're brain is nourished and you don't spend every waking moment in the pursuit of food.

Chimps have learned how to use tools and solve puzzles. When they can teach their offspring all that they've learned in a lifetime and their offspring are receptive to the lesson, well I for one welcome our furry overlords.

But we are half ape in your theory, how can we be so different?

No, god is a higher spirit. A spirit of the universe so to speak. (BTW I'm not religious nor spiritual so I'm making **** up). That would make them our creator not our God which to most religions are one in the same. I would love to watch that realization blow their minds however. :devil:

Maybe not the ultimate God, as in "creator and caretaker of all", but like you said as our creators they would fit the role in some respect which would blow a lot of people's mind. But what I'm kind of getting at is that it shouldn't really blow their minds in that if you really believe in another intelligent entity being responsible for us then whatever God actually is, universal spirit or not, to us lowly humans God is alien.

But just because ETs could genetically alter and seed life (as we are nearly capable of doing now with our own science) does not make them Gods any more than it made us God when we created Dolly.

I guess it is a philosophical distinction between God and creator but I would think any life we eventually create as humans would make us God to them. In a sense we are practically Gods to any lower intelligent life we care for now like pets or livestock.

But we are half ape in your theory, how can we be so different?

Look at how totally different you are from a smart person. :devil:

Get it now?

But seriously we aren't that different. As was pointed above our DNA matches almost identically. It's that other 1% that allowed us to develop. Think about that the next time you bag on a 1%er.

Edited by Chef Jim

I like this theory.

vidaalien18u_02.jpg

Now my other theory is very similar but one with very unintended consequences. They were here on our planet for either a very long stay or got stranded became horny as hell (males all over the universe are likely the same) looked at the apes and thought. Hmmm, why not.......but you go first.

Do you have room in your theory for the possibility that they never left?