SDS quoted again on NFL.com!!!!

Great site you started here SDS, as I enjoy reading and posting here. Thank you.

Shifting gears, I'm very glad two local billionaires are concerned in keeping the team in Buffalo.

Kudos to Mr Wilson for the new lease or otherwise we would all be losing sleep, hair worrying about the team moving sooner, rather then later. What a great man.

SDS's comment isn't helping public perception.

[/font][/color]

To paraphrase "They need to have a movement or get off the pot."

If SDS is going to speak for all of Bills fans in the media then he he needs a couple sound bites as to why the Bills should not move. Can someone give SDS some better talking points as to why the Bills are not a good franchise to relocate?

I saw some good points in the "What Happens Next thread . ."

These article are written with the forgone conclusion that the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo is not a viable long term option. That assumption should be challenged by Bills fans at every opportunity, at least in the national media.

WTH? :wallbash:

SDS's comment isn't helping public perception.

If SDS is going to speak for all of Bills fans in the media then he he needs a couple sound bites as to why the Bills should not move. Can someone give SDS some better talking points as to why the Bills are not a good franchise to relocate?

I think his comments were extremely appropriate, heartfelt, honest, and expressed quite succintly the prevailing mindset of a great many of us Bills' fans. There has been a cloud over this franchise since the 70's regarding a potential move. With Ralph's passing, it seems the end to all that speculation is near. We'll finally get some resolution. The Bills will get a new owner and, relatively soon, either the new owner(s) will stay in Buffalo or they won't.

But, at this point in time, rain or shine on us. I don't really care, not today. For the time being, I want to remember all my fond memories of the Bills and my family. I'll forever love my Buffalo Bills for all they represent to me, my family, my heritage. This talk of staying or going can just go away; I'm tired of it too.

So, to your point, I think Scott has done, and continues, to speak very well for Bills Nation and see little need to entertain the notion of creating sterile talking points in a vain attempt to sway some millionaire that gives little care to what the true fans of this team think.

SDS, never knew who you were but wanted to personally tell you you've made it impossible for me to get any work done with this website. I'm pretty sure fans on here would tell you that your web site soaks up too much time out of a working day for most posters. So thanks for possibly getting me fired from my job and if you need an assistant some day when I'm out of work because of you i'll hope you can find it in your heart to hire a fellow Bills junkie. - Mclem06

Please. I don't need your talking points. I have my own honest opinions that I share when asked. If I'm to have 30 seconds of fame, it will come from me - not someone's "talking points".

For the others, thanks for the kind words. I give my opinion, regardless if it is rosy or not.

Don't take my post the wrong way. I'm not asking that you swap your opinion for "talking points".

The question is, "Do you personally want the Buffalo Bills to be in Buffalo?"

If the answer is "Yes," then you have earned a powerful spot as the goto voice for Buffalo Bills fans. You earned that through your hard work on TBD that I am grateful to you for doing.

Just like Charles Barkley wasn't a role model you're not the voice of all of the Buffalo Bills fans. You can embrace it and use it to Buffalo's advantage or not. It's up to you.

I'm pointing out that you as an individual have an opportunity to change the conversation from "Buffalo is a backwater, nowhere town that is lucky to have an NFL team" to "Buffalo deserves and NFL team because of X, Y, Z"

I don't take ownership of the "Talking Points" I'm asking to crowd source some ideas that put the Bills in a better light. I'm not criticizing what you said but you put together this board for an opportunity to share ideas. What better use that to come up with some good reasons why the Bills should stay in Buffalo. Points that media outlets can easily repeat and regurgitate. You can give the national media some talking points that highlight why Buffalo deserves a football team, god knows it, no one else is giving NFL.com any reason why Buffalo deserves to have an NFL team.

You have the minds of 10s of thousands of people that are willing to do your bidding. You can use your powers for good or evil. There are some smart people on this board that have some good ideas those ideas can be helpful in your interviews, if you want.

Don't take my post the wrong way. I'm not asking that you swap your opinion for "talking points".

The question is, "Do you personally want the Buffalo Bills to be in Buffalo?"

If the answer is "Yes," then you have earned a powerful spot as the goto voice for Buffalo Bills fans. You earned that through your hard work on TBD that I am grateful to you for doing.

Just like Charles Barkley wasn't a role model you're not the voice of all of the Buffalo Bills fans. You can embrace it and use it to Buffalo's advantage or not. It's up to you.

I'm pointing out that you as an individual have an opportunity to change the conversation from "Buffalo is a backwater, nowhere town that is lucky to have an NFL team" to "Buffalo deserves and NFL team because of X, Y, Z"

I don't take ownership of the "Talking Points" I'm asking to crowd source some ideas that put the Bills in a better light. I'm not criticizing what you said but you put together this board for an opportunity to share ideas. What better use that to come up with some good reasons why the Bills should stay in Buffalo. Points that media outlets can easily repeat and regurgitate. You can give the national media some talking points that highlight why Buffalo deserves a football team, god knows it, no one else is giving NFL.com any reason why Buffalo deserves to have an NFL team.

You have the minds of 10s of thousands of people that are willing to do your bidding. You can use your powers for good or evil. There are some smart people on this board that have some good ideas those ideas can be helpful in your interviews, if you want.

Could you find another thread for talking points then? It has no relevance here. I was not asked that question.

Could you find another thread for talking points then? It has no relevance here. I was not asked that question.

I'm only saying this to be helpful I could easily just STFU if you want.

It is unlikely you'll get the question "Why should the Bills be in Buffalo?" With every question you get an opportunity to add in facts that the reporters can use.

I'm just saying if you take your opportunities to throw in some props for Why Buffalo is a great place for an NFL team you'll be doing the Bills a favor when everyone in the National media is so eager to run them out of Buffalo.

i.e.

Today they offer hope, but when $1 billion is on the line, the conversation will get a lot more real. Buffalo doesn't deserve this cloud lingering over their heads, when it comes to TV rating they're #11 in the entire league in viewership. The fans are the most loyal fans in the NFL. Two Bills Drive has people on it 24/7, 365 from everywhere in the world that care about the Buffalo Bills. Personally, I have grown tired of that dark cloud. Either rain on us or go away. I look forward to a final resolution where the Bills stay in Buffalo forever.

You're clearly going to get tapped again for quotes. You can bridge to facts that make a case for the Bills in Buffalo if you want.

I'm sorry if I'm offering unwanted suggestions but I'm doing because I think its important for someone, anyone to give Buffalo some respect in the national conversation and you seem to have a chance to do just that.

For some reason, I am more and more hopeful that the Bills will remain the Buffalo Bills. It would have been easier if Ralph had lived forever, and I was hoping that he would at least live until after one or more of the following moved to LA (Chargers, Rams, Raiders).

Given the lease and the substantial penalty, we have about 7 years to get our house in order.

Among other things, we have the following going for us:

Passionate and historic fan base.

Ralph's intent (at least while he was alive) to keep the team in Buffalo.

Roger Goodell. Say what you will about him, I do think he has a soft spot for the Buffalo Bills and will do what he can to make sure that whoever the new owner is will keep the team in Buffalo.

Terry and Kim Pegula. They have shown tremendous loyalty to the area and have done so much financially for Buffalo. Say what you will about the Sabres and the tear down/rebuild, I would love it if they bought the team.

Chuck Schumer. Again, say what you will about him and politicians, the guy has some pull and whether he is doing it out of the goodness of his heart or politics (or both), who cares? He is motivated to keep New York state's only NFL team in Buffalo, NY. Listen to his interview on WGR this morning.

I also thought that the fact that Bills themselves chose Schumer to be one of the team's representatives on the stadium committee is a great sign. It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to chose a senator of NY to be one of the team's representatives if the goal was to move the team.

The team is reportedly in a trust and there does not appear to be an urgent deadline to sell. If so, that hopefully gives all of the "Buffalo interests" enough time to get everything sorted re stadium and create enough reasons and incentives to keep the team in Buffalo (and impediments to moving the team).

RIP Ralph and thank you!

Edited by Peter

For some reason, I am more and more hopeful that the Bills will remain the Buffalo Bills. It would have been easier if Ralph had lived forever, and I was hoping that he would at least live until after one or more of the following moved to LA (Chargers, Rams, Raiders).

Given the lease and the substantial penalty, we have about 7 years to get our house in order.

Among other things, we have the following going for us:

Passionate and historic fan base.

Ralph's intent (at least while he was alive) to keep the team in Buffalo.

Roger Goodell. Say what you will about him, I do think he has a soft spot for the Buffalo Bills and will do what he can to make sure that whoever the new owner is will keep the team in Buffalo.

Terry and Kim Pegula. They have shown tremendous loyalty to the area and have done so much financially for Buffalo. Say what you will about the Sabres and the tear down/rebuild, I would love it if they bought the team.

Chuck Schumer. Again, say what you will about him and politicians, the guys has some pull and whether he is doing it out of the goodness of his heart or politics (or both), who cares? He is motivated to keep New York state's only NFL team in Buffalo, NY. Listen to his interview on WGR this morning.

I also thought that the fact that Bills themselves chose Schumer to be one of the team's representatives on the stadium committee is a great sign. It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to chose a senator of NY to be one of the team's representatives if the goal was to move the team.

The team is reportedly in a trust and there does not appear to be an urgent deadline to sell. If so, that hopefully gives all of the "Buffalo interests" enough time to get everything sorted re stadium and create enough reasons and incentives to keep the team Buffalo (and impediments to moving the team).

RIP Ralph and thank you!

Sorry again. TBD takes up too much of my time to piss off SDS.

Peter,

To your point. I was wondering about this "Stadium committee" as early as a few months ago. It seemed strange, because I've been to more than 10 of the 31 stadiums in the NFL. Rich stadium is actually a great game day viewing experience.

If you look at that NFL relocation policy at the top of the list is the stadium condition and community commitment.

Mr Wilson and his co-patriots set the "stadium committee" up for indisputable proof of the area's commitment to the NFL and a stadium that meets their standards.

Bless his heart, go down the list, you'd be troubled to question Buffalo against any items on the relocation list.

I don't think that is a coincidence. Mr. Wilson had a plan.