Why can't our Bills play tomorrow?

Frez

Answer: Great competition for QB in training camp, with some young buck from Tulane WINNING the job, at least one new stud on the OL, and continued positive growth at DL, RB, TE and coaching.

However, its' most likely because the Bills (all) chose to play the poorest in nearly two months against the Steelers, all the while the Jets opened the door for us, losing at the Rams. I do believe that the 2004 Bills were a better team than the Jets, the Chargers, and the Bronco's too bad it took them over a month to win a game.

That said I think the 2004 Ravens were probably better than the Bills, Jets, Chargers and Broncos.

1)A Quarterback.

2)More help on the interior of the offensive line.

If Losman has a very successful year in 2005(assuming he starts), and we make some moves to improve the interior of the offensive line(LG, C) I can see us as superbowl contendors in 2006.

214923[/snapback]

Since the next Super Bowl is in 2006, I agree.

Why can't our Bills play tomorrow?

What's it going to take to get the Bills back in the AFC Champ game? How I wish the Bills were playing tomorrow!

QB, TE, OL or better coaching?

214875[/snapback]

League rules state the winner of the playoff games get to advance in the post season tourney.

They've got to first get to the playoffs, then continue to win once they're in them.

The most important playoff game to win is the last one of the year.

Call me crazy, or call me a fool, but I think we don't get back to the big dance until we have a demon on one end of our defensive line. I know, I know, "second best defense in the NFL and you're carping about they're not good enough..." That's right, I am. I think our D is not as good as it needs to be to grab the gold ring - the kind with the big football shaped diamond set in them that say NFL Champs.

QB is simply not worth discussing. Bledsoe's "competent" playing the last half of this year fell

enough short of the playoffs that, well, we're having discussions like this. The nastiest thing that could be said about DB at this point is that he only postponed the learning curve we're going to EVENTUALLY suffer through with JPL and did not deliver the hoped-for playoff appearance - which was the reason he was left in as the starter (according to most reports). It's my opinion that DB will never be a playoff caliber QB again and will not play a part in delivering the Bills the finger jewelery we so desperately want them to wear. I wish him all sorts of success, and have since he's been a Bill, but mostly now I just wish he would go away.

The only other thing I'd like to see happen between now and training camp is for TD to bring in a bona fide NFL caliber Center and Guard (just one). I'd also like to see McNally's experiment of putting Mike Williams in at LG very early in training camp. Maybe if he has to run pulling plays a dozen times a day he might weigh in at less than 550 lbs by the end of camp. Have another doughnut, Mike.

What's it going to take to get the Bills back in the AFC Champ game? How I wish the Bills were playing tomorrow!

QB, TE, OL or better coaching?

214875[/snapback]

Coaching-very good actually, Im suprised you went here its one of our strengths.

QB- It may not be next year because Drew is done and JP may take a year or two to be great

TE- We need a good one, I like Bubba Franks but I also think Anthony Becht got a bad wrap

OL- Always a complaint, I think we add a stud LT and draft a very good LG high, besides that we are fine on the line.

I think the question you pose is more about how WE could get there rather than looking at it from 10000 feet, Iraq probably looks good from up there.

The true way we get into the AFC Championship is we find a way to beat NE! To be in the championship game, we must win our division! Seriously, that ONE thing fixes so much for us. I think, right now, today, the Bills are good enough to play anyone. Unfortunatley we are NOT getting what we need from our QB. And we certainly dont have a QB who can beat NE. I have my opinion on the right move to fix the QB spot, others have there opinions. Lets not make this a QB debate. The only requirement for our QB is that he CAN beat NE, and that he plays average to decent. I think the emergence of McGahee and Evans, our stellar D, and good ST makes us a tough team. The supporting cast and decent line play lets us win with a decent or average QB.

Back to the point. Everyone has forgotten how imporatnt winning you division is. This is the single best move you can make to get DEEP into the playoffs. You get one week off at least, play one game at home at least (in most cases). Home, for the Bills, is huge.

So, we have to beat NE. I think it can be done for sure. We MUST find a way to throw Brady off his game and to get pressure on him. I hate the guy but will give him credit, he does stand in there and make throws. He doesnt get rattled at all. With our D line and there mediocre sack ability, I think it is unlikely that we get to Brady and get sacks. So dont try, rather, get pressure so that he doesnt have all day to throw. I cant tell you how many times I have watched that clown sit there for like 10 seconds before he has to throw. The best move would be to change up our coverage and add more coverage guys. Maybe pull Posey out and add another DB. I think our D handles Dillon without Posey in the game.

Next, our O. We can get yards on anyone. We can run on them. They tend to stack the box so we should run AROUND them. Lets go with shuttles, off tackles, pitches. Run a 1 back set some times and add the extra WR's. Law is the ONLY guy I fear in their secondary. And, I think BOTH Moulds and Evans canget yards on him. Add a TE who can get open and catch and we can move the ball on them. We need MORE options in the passing game on passing plays. We also need a QB who looks off the first option, SIGH! and checks down. Spread the ball around on O, and run AROUND them on runs. BTW, adding a QB who can run helps us here too.

SO, lets say we get it done and can at least split with NE. The Jets are the other team to watch, but we have consistently split with them and I see that we can win BOTH, and MUST going forward. The Fins are the joke of the league, we can and will beat them twice. SO we win 5 of 6 in the division, then play tough and win 5 of rest of the games and we go 10 and 6 with a division win and a good record versus our division and the AFC. Thats the other thing, start considering the games against other AFC teams as must wins! Lose to the NFC teams.

I think the big hurdle is beating NE, we need to say that its unacceptable to start a QB who cant beat them, and its unacceptable to 'settle' for a shot at the wild card. We need to get back to striving to win the division and that means NE is in our cross hairs. Take care of our work in our division and we should be fine.

Not eays to do by any means but can be done with a tougher mentality and a change in priorities about who we need to beat and when.

Well, for one reason, after the team changed running backs, the team finished 9-3. This was good, but not enough to compensate for the 19 sacks allowed in the first 4 games. as well as the missed blocks and falling down (untouched) in front of huge holes. The wrong pass routes didn't help either.

Ridding the Bills of a chronic loser (check the w/l stats) will certainly push the Bills into the playoffs in 05. Wait and see1 :rolleyes::D

QB- It may not be next year because Drew is done and JP may take a year or two to be great

215069[/snapback]

A year or two? Why cut him so much slack?

He should be great already. I mean he clearly has that elusive intangible that guarantees greatness. Since he has that why not just expect a hall of fame performance in week 1 next year?

Sarcasm On