Primetime games

bigem

The next Owners Meetings will be from March 23-26, that is when the schedule dates are figured out, and when the compensatory picks are announced.

Usually they announce a couple of games from this meeting. Look for the Kickoff Game, the first Sunday Night & Monday Night games, and maybe one or two late afternoon games in Week 1 to be announced.

Aside from that, the entire dates will more likely be announced in the middle of April.

I have been wondering how the draft being moved to May 8th is going to affect the release of the schedule. Perhaps they will push it back a few weeks.

Also, for a league that is so set on marketing itself, and selling absolutely every bit and piece of "the shield"... from televising the combine, to every round of the draft, to mini camps, to "Hard Knocks", to even broadcasting the parade for the Seahawks...

you would think that they would just pick one damn date to announce the schedule, make it a prime time event, and market the hell out of it.

It just simply doesn't mesh with the way the NFL works anymore, and quite frankly, its weird how diametrically opposed it is to the way the league does business. Every fan looks forward to the release of the schedule.

What makes more sense:

Q: When does the schedule come out?

A: IDK... some time in April I think? Some time around the draft if I remember correctly...

or

A: Easter Sunday, prime time, 7pm! Just like every year! Come on man, get your head in the game!!

Every team gets at least one Thursday night game minimum. I'm betting we get the Pats in primetime for signing Spikes. It's 50/50 we play Thanksgiving vs Detroit.

i think you are severely overrating the spikes signing, even if we end up playing them primetime

Edited by NoSaint

hope we get a primetime game at the Ralph this year. those games are always the most fun. MNF would be amazing but I doubt it

The Thursday Night games are arranged to be at a teams home if they were on the road the year before.

So look for the Bills Thursday Night game to be at the Ralph this year.

I have been wondering how the draft being moved to May 8th is going to affect the release of the schedule. Perhaps they will push it back a few weeks.

Also, for a league that is so set on marketing itself, and selling absolutely every bit and piece of "the shield"... from televising the combine, to every round of the draft, to mini camps, to "Hard Knocks", to even broadcasting the parade for the Seahawks...

you would think that they would just pick one damn date to announce the schedule, make it a prime time event, and market the hell out of it.

It just simply doesn't mesh with the way the NFL works anymore, and quite frankly, its weird how diametrically opposed it is to the way the league does business. Every fan looks forward to the release of the schedule.

What makes more sense:

A: IDK... some time in April I think? Some time around the draft if I remember correctly...

or

A: Easter Sunday, prime time, 7pm! Just like every year! Come on man, get your head in the game!!

While I appreciate your point, your example is horrible given that Easter Sunday can vary by about a month.You would instead have to go with something along the lines of, for example, the 3rd Sunday of April.

or

it has been the tuesday the week before the draft the last several years with one exception of it being tuesday of draft week (its used as draft build up, not sure if they pushed it back the one year just to test it out or if they had something come up that they were trying to work around in the actual schedule that delayed it).

with the draft moved, we will see if it follows accordingly

Edited by NoSaint

The Bills front office expressed their concerns on the Bills schedule and how it related to an opponent's bye week/Thursday night game. It seemed apparent to the fan base for multiple seasons that the Bills were getting hosed and finally....The organization expressed it's frustration. The below is why I'm really excited about the schedule release. We'll see what impact the front office has on this topic.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/11/13/bills-addressed-bye-week-opponents-with-nfl/