From Sweden to The Ralph

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but me and a friend are planning a visit to The Ralph for the 14/15 season. Neither of us have been to an Nfl game before (we live in Sweden) and are therefore trying to find out how to get the most out of this experience.

Top question is of course how to tailgate. We don't have the faintest idea about tailgating, and without having an own car we are even more clueless of how this would work for foreigners such as ourselves.

Anyone know where to find information or guides for this kind of thing?

Again, sorry if this is completely wrong place to post these kind of questions.

Thanks in advance,

//Henrik

Stockholm, Sweden

Henrik, you'll find Buffalo fans to be the most loyal ever! Some Bills colors or jerseys would be a great start, but then tailgating has all different sorts of levels...from very high end to some beers and a BBQ in the parking lot. Lots of footballs are thrown around and a lot of outdoor games are played by bigger groups. If it is just the two of you, you may just want to low key it, but if you're both social gents, a lot of groups readily interact and would welcome your participatiion as long as you brought something to the table (grill)...lol! From a 45 year Bill fan, hope your vist is great!!!!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but me and a friend are planning a visit to The Ralph for the 14/15 season. Neither of us have been to an Nfl game before (we live in Sweden) and are therefore trying to find out how to get the most out of this experience.

Top question is of course how to tailgate. We don't have the faintest idea about tailgating, and without having an own car we are even more clueless of how this would work for foreigners such as ourselves.

Thanks in advance,

//Henrik

Stockholm, Sweden

You've come to the right place.

Here's the good news: you don't need a car to tailgate. I'd suggest, once you get your tickets, to come on here and post which game you'll be attending. I'm more than confident that you'll be able to make arrangements with a group of fans that are having a tailgate party that you can drop in on...if there's one thing Bills fans do well, it's tailgating with other Bills fans.

You don't need a car. Stop at the nearby Wegman's supermarket. They have a take out cafe where you can find any kind of food you want. Then come to Hammer's Lot which is close to the stadium and be part of the Pinto Kenny tailgate. If you are only going to do one Bills tailgate in your lifetime that is the one you want to be at. Arrive early.

PTR

When you figure out what game you will attend please PM me, now that I am done with school I will be back for a game this year and may be able to show you guys around a bit as well as hook you up with free accommodations about 10 min from the stadium.

You don't need a car. Stop at the nearby Wegman's supermarket. They have a take out cafe where you can find any kind of food you want. Then come to Hammer's Lot which is close to the stadium and be part of the Pinto Kenny tailgate. If you are only going to do one Bills tailgate in your lifetime that is the one you want to be at. Arrive early.

PTR

This ^

If you really want to participate make a Swedish food dish you can bring to the party. I've gone without a car on road games and have never had a problem finding a generous Bills fan that would let me pop something on the grill. In Buffalo you should have zero issues. Pinto Kenny's tailgate is a free for all with everyone welcome it's in Hammer's lot. It's easy to find. Just come back here when you get your tix and let everyone know.

I'll be at the home opener and that game is basically a holiday in the Buffalo area. Lots of people make a special trip for the home opener. It's a blast.

Other suggestion is aim for a September or October game. Earlier in the season, before everyone's hope is strangled, the tailgating is a little more fun.

Bills fans are the best. If you can't get Bills stuff to wear online, you can easily find some at the vendors that are all over the streets and around tailgates. Like people above said, you can easily "crash" any tailgate by offering beer/food. Enjoy the visit. !!!

Bring that chewing tobacco that Sweden is famous for. Walk around the parking area until you find some fans that are drinking and say "We are from Sweden can we party with you?" Bring some beer and they will let you in. It will take about 10 seconds to find a friendly group. Share the tobacco, every drunk buffalo fan will try it even if they have never done it before. Or go to any bar the night before the game and find someone that has a tailgate and make arrangements to meet up.

Thanks in advance,

//Henrik

Stockholm, Sweden

please ignore the rude posts.

You rent a car, you go out and buy a small inexpensive table top (barbeque) grill (gas or charcoal) , along with hotdogs, hamburgers, sausages, buns (bread for each) and or chicken wings. and of course beer.

You show up early (3 to 4 hours prior) to the game, (maybe ask the attendant where the tailgating section is) park the car light the fire, cook your food and drink your beer.

Yell GO Bills and enjoy.

they will not let you bring beer into the stadium itself, so leave it in your car.

check the Bills website for details on what you are allowed to carry into the stadium.

This is bad advice. You don't need to rent a car.

please ignore the rude posts.

You rent a car, you go out and buy a small inexpensive table top (barbeque) grill (gas or charcoal) , along with hotdogs, hamburgers, sausages, buns (bread for each) and or chicken wings. and of course beer.

You show up early (3 to 4 hours prior) to the game, (maybe ask the attendant where the tailgating section is) park the car light the fire, cook your food and drink your beer.

Yell GO Bills and enjoy.

they will not let you bring beer into the stadium itself, so leave it in your car.

check the Bills website for details on what you are allowed to carry into the stadium.

What rude posts?

Edited by Why So Serious?