Remember the Toyota Recalls in 2009 - 2010?

Apparently you need to learn how to use the "s" key.

Sort-of. Honestly, I doubt you'd understand it...it's pretty advanced-level stuff, and I'm pretty sure you lack the knowledge of the basic concepts.

Like spelling and punctuation?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That too.

I'm also working on a series of children's books, targeted to pre-K ages. You can try those, gatorman. They'll have pictures.

Will the pictures be of Democrats, standing in a circle, and mastubating? If not it'll likely still be over his head.

Did you just put it in neutral?

i wondered the same thing. maybe turn the car off with the key? probably my choice if on a fairly straight highway. the steering gets tight especially at that speed but you can still brake. neutral would throw the rpm's up so high that the governor would prolly kick in and kill the engine anyway. does that car have a limiter?

and the answer is: http://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-deal-with-unintended-acceleration. neutral! cool test in car and driver. stomping on the brakes on a runaway roush mustang? that takes some balls.

Edited by birdog1960

i wondered the same thing. maybe turn the car off with the key? probably my choice if on a fairly straight highway. the steering gets tight especially at that speed but you can still brake. neutral would throw the rpm's up so high that the governor would prolly kick in and kill the engine anyway. does that car have a limiter?

and the answer is: http://www.caranddri...ed-acceleration. neutral! cool test in car and driver. stomping on the brakes on a runaway roush mustang? that takes some balls.

No ****, put it in neutral. Engine does not make car go. Engine makes transmission go. Transmission makes wheels go. Wheels make car go. Neutral transmission means: engine makes transmission go, transmission does NOT make wheels go, wheels do not make car go.

People need to have that explained? Do people not know how cars work? I share the roads with these people?

No, I'm no hypocrite. I've not cried and told people to stop picking on me. Time to grow a set little man.

You are impossible, change the topic and then twist the truth, whatever

Sort-of. Honestly, I doubt you'd understand it...it's pretty advanced-level stuff, and I'm pretty sure you lack the knowledge of the basic concepts.

lol, sure it is!!! Ha ha ha

That too.

I'm also working on a series of children's books, targeted to pre-K ages. You can try those, gatorman. They'll have pictures.

Wait a second! So all the posts you make on here are time taken away from you giving to the children of America your wealth of talent and literary magic??? That's awful! Come on Tom! Get to work, the children deserve all of you man!

Have you been published yet?

Will the pictures be of Democrats, standing in a circle, and mastubating? If not it'll likely still be over his head.

He said it was a childrens book you sick ****

Is that your idea of a children's book? I know you libertarians are a bunch of total freaks but I guess I underestimated your perversion

You are impossible, change the topic and then twist the truth, whatever

Change the topic? Twist the truth? I called you out for being a baby and you called me a hypocrite. I'm sorry, I've never told anyone to eat **** here before.

I put my foot under the pedal and yanked upwards. I never thought it was the Mat at first. The mechanic tested it for a few hours and noticed that when you floored the pedal, it would stay stuck on the mat. He cut a few inches of the mat where the pedal is and it has never happened again. But Ill never forget that day. No Fruits found in my looms!

Change the topic? Twist the truth? I called you out for being a baby and you called me a hypocrite. I'm sorry, I've never told anyone to eat **** here before.

I know, you've said worse! Why are you so worried about me telling off that idiot anyway? I take a lot of crap and I give it out, I'm not crying, that's your twisted interpretation of it.

Oh damn, I need to use more periods!

I know, you've said worse! Why are you so worried about me telling off that idiot anyway? I take a lot of crap and I give it out, I'm not crying, that's your twisted interpretation of it.

Oh damn, I need to use more periods!

Ohhhh, I've said worse. I'm a bad hothead. :rolleyes:

I put my foot under the pedal and yanked upwards. I never thought it was the Mat at first. The mechanic tested it for a few hours and noticed that when you floored the pedal, it would stay stuck on the mat. He cut a few inches of the mat where the pedal is and it has never happened again. But Ill never forget that day. No Fruits found in my looms!

Was it the OEM mat that he cut? What I am saying is, did you have two sets of mats? Some people probably don't realize that there is already a mat there and then they throw a set of the aftermarket ones in... You know, the ones that may be just rubber, not carpeted, and collect the slush, water, etc... They can be pretty thick and add to the height near the accelerator.

No ****, put it in neutral. Engine does not make car go. Engine makes transmission go. Transmission makes wheels go. Wheels make car go. Neutral transmission means: engine makes transmission go, transmission does NOT make wheels go, wheels do not make car go.

People need to have that explained? Do people not know how cars work? I share the roads with these people?

ithe level of your arrogance never ceases to amaze me. how often have you seen the "obvious", intuitive answer to a question disproven in controlled studies?

yup, putting in in neutral "works" in the car and driver tests and intuitively. but why might that not have been so? firstly, the transmission on an automatic may not have allowed the shift to neutral as c&d tested. we still can't assume that any model of car would allow it. Secondly, the high revs produced might blow the engine or engage a rate limiter. apparently it didn't in c&D tests but i've bumped against the rev limiter in a couple of cars and it's a strange and sobering experience. once again, the c&D tests can't be generalized to all models and years of cars. finally, even c&d didn't definitively prove safety superiority of one method over another in it's tests. it may well be that stomping with both feet on the brake while ignoring the stuck pedal is the safest. in the lower horse power cars with excellent brakes there was little marginal difference in stopping distance between a car with a stuck pedal and one without, going the same speed.

so, in a similar leap of logic, i'll make the statement that the difference between your reasoning on this issue and mine is generally illustrative of the difference between the reasoning of liberals and conservatives.

Edited by birdog1960

Was it the OEM mat that he cut? What I am saying is, did you have two sets of mats? Some people probably don't realize that there is already a mat there and then they throw a set of the aftermarket ones in... You know, the ones that may be just rubber, not carpeted, and collect the slush, water, etc... They can be pretty thick and add to the height near the accelerator.

Just the original Mat. Im in Brasil so we don't use the 2nd mats here. ( or Ive never seen them )

Just the original Mat. Im in Brasil so we don't use the 2nd mats here. ( or Ive never seen them )

Interesting... Pedal must be really close. In the winter here, I just throw a rubber set on top (road salt can be hosed off @ the self car wash)... But I am VERY careful on the driver's side. Especially with my wife, she'd freak out if something went wrong and got stuck. The rubber mats catch the slush/water... I don't double up the driver side. Some people move their feet all around town when driving... OR never straighten them out when getting out of the car. It is turn the key and go!

A cheaper trick to keep the floors clean in the winter: old newspapers... Then when you get stuck, you have something to read! LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

ithe level of your arrogance never ceases to amaze me. how often have you seen the "obvious", intuitive answer to a question disproven in controlled studies?

yup, putting in in neutral "works" in the car and driver tests and intuitively. but why might that not have been so? firstly, the transmission on an automatic may not have allowed the shift to neutral as c&d tested. we still can't assume that any model of car would allow it. Secondly, the high revs produced might blow the engine or engage a rate limiter. apparently it didn't in c&D tests but i've bumped against the rev limiter in a couple of cars and it's a strange and sobering experience. once again, the c&D tests can't be generalized to all models and years of cars. finally, even c&d didn't definitively prove safety superiority of one method over another in it's tests. it may well be that stomping with both feet on the brake while ignoring the stuck pedal is the safest. in the lower horse power cars with excellent brakes there was little marginal difference in stopping distance between a car with a stuck pedal and one without, going the same speed.

so, in a similar leap of logic, i'll make the statement that the difference between your reasoning on this issue and mine is generally illustrative of the difference between the reasoning of liberals and conservatives.

I've never seen an automatic that doesn't let you shift into neutral. Ever. Other than that...none of what you posted has ****-all to do with the simple idea of: if your accelerator gets stuck, put the damn car in neutral. Yeah, sure..."My car's out of control...best let it go, otherwise the rev limiter might kick in."

Thus illustrating the fundamental problem with liberals...not living in reality, and too damn conceited to know it.

I've never seen an automatic that doesn't let you shift into neutral. Ever.

Exactly. I think you can even "bump" back up into neutral. That is, you don't have to push the safety button in. NOW, I think you have to push the safety button down to get it into D, low 2, low 1... But bumping back up into a higher gear and into drive, then neutral is just a bump up. Of course getting in reverse requires the button. I forget now, but will check it out on my way home. I think this way is mandatory.

Now: Older cars with the shifter on the column, the shifter is pulled forward... I still think you can bump those the same way. But, who makes a shifter on the column anymore?

GM (Government Motors) sure does get priority. Just like other governmental & gov't contractors situations:

post-1877-0-69400000-1394278533_thumb.jpg

There is a space here for: 5. Toyota and All Non-US Companies

What's the problem? Get used to it. :P

This picture sure screams for a photoshopping! ;)

DISCLAIMER: Of course I am joking about the bailout...

I find it interesting that the full force of the federal government and the national media was brought to bear against Toyota for a single "accident" where a "design flaw" "caused" the deaths of four people. Of course it was at a critical time when the future of GM was a stake, their corporate bondholders were illegally removed from their primary bankruptcy claimant status, and cash-for-clunkers was "stimulating" sales of US made cars and trucks (which tanked the used car industry for two years), all of which gave the federal government a much needed feel-good "win" in the public's jaundiced eye.

Now, that same GM is (using the same standard) guilty of thirteen deaths and nary a peep out of the main stream media.

Oh well. Al Qaida is on the run and GM is alive. forward reset never-mind