Miller and Kirwin On The Draft (don't shoot the messenger)

I could see it happening. During the '09 off-season they traded Peters before draft day, moved Langston Walker from RT to LT, Brad Butler from RG to RT, drafted Wood and Levitre, cut Walker, started Bell. The only constant was Hangartner.

There's one big difference though in that Glenn is a borderline pro bowl LT in just his 2nd year. There is zero reason to move him anywhere. Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see it happening. During the '09 off-season they traded Peters before draft day, moved Langston Walker from RT to LT, Brad Butler from RG to RT, drafted Wood and Levitre, cut Walker, started Bell. The only constant was Hangartner.

That was a different Head Coach and a different GM. I don't get any sense from Whaley or Marrone that they would take such an approach. They seem to me to have certain positions mentally checked off.... left tackle and centre are two of them... they won't be moving people all along the line.

sorry for those of you that respect these guys (I do too at times) but they just don't have a respectable level of knowledge about our team to have any relevance. Glenn is a very impressive young LT. They may draft a tackle, but not to play LT.

There's one big difference though in that Glenn is a borderline pro bowl LT in just his 2nd year. There is zero reason to move him anywhere.

Exactly...

Lets look at it another way...Lewan is a hell of a good athlete...An incredible athlete for a LT prospect...But Glenn is bigger (35 lbs heavier), has longer arms, he's stronger, and he's only .28 of a second slower than Lewan in the 40...And most importantly Glenn now has 29 games of experience as an NFL LT...It's nothing against any of these good looking OT prospects...But why play games with your very young QB's blindside? Especially when your current LT is arguably top 5 in the NFL in pass blocking efficiency...It just makes no sense to move Glenn... B-)