[OT] The Apprentice

Just Jack

I really thought The Donald was going to fire Andy when he found out that Andy had decided only to train two people on register. But I still feel he made the right choice in letting Todd go. If I was PM, I would have had everyone trained on both register and kitchen, so anyone could jump in anywhere to move people along.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really thought The Donald was going to fire Andy when he found out that Andy had decided only to train two people on register. But I still feel he made the right choice in letting Todd go. If I was PM, I would have had everyone trained on both register and kitchen, so anyone could jump in anywhere to move people along.

213444[/snapback]

Todd did a little too much delegating and not enough work. As PM, he should have trained himself on all aspects so he would be able to step in if there was a problem. He should have also put Danny in his place when Danny hung up the phone on him. He deserved to be fired.

I was really excited to hear that they were starting up season 3 so quickly after the end of the last one. Most of my viewing is either sports of film.....very few television shows. This is truly one of the most consistently interesting shows I've ever seen. My only real critique is that sometimes I think The Donald fires someone for dramatic effect (i.e. ratings) instead of for the right reasons. The main example of this, I thought, was early on last year when he fired Bradford. I think that guy may have ended up being a stronger "Apprentice" (assuming Trump really does value finding the best of the lot to work for him) than any of the rest, including Kelly.

I thought it was a pretty entertaining episode. Todd so deserved to be fired..."I'd love to help out back here, but I haven't been trained." Dope.

Danny was totally a riot, though the entire team can't stand him. If they lose next week, I think he's gone (unless someone else really blows it).

Plus...Erin is a complete waste of skin and bone. I bet she's the one who walks out next week. I can't see her getting her hands dirty fixing up an old hotel.

My only real critique is that sometimes I think The Donald fires someone for dramatic effect (i.e. ratings) instead of for the right reasons. The main example of this, I thought, was early on last year when he fired Bradford. I think that guy may have ended up being a stronger "Apprentice" (assuming Trump really does value finding the best of the lot to work for him) than any of the rest, including Kelly.

213457[/snapback]

I agree that some firings may be for dramatic effect, but I agree with the Bradford firing. The guy made a stupid, costly mistake. You need to be ruthless in the business world, and he showed a weakness for his opponents to exploit. He deserved to be fired for that.

Confidence is one thing. Stupidity is another.

I agree that some firings may be for dramatic effect, but I agree with the Bradford firing. The guy made a stupid, costly mistake. You need to be ruthless in the business world, and he showed a weakness for his opponents to exploit. He deserved to be fired for that.

213464[/snapback]

all bradford said was "my actions speak for themselves -- i don't need any help"........the truth is he didn't perform badly, and thus, didn't deserve to go........i totally agree he was let go for no good reason..........

all bradford said was "my actions speak for themselves -- i don't need any help"........the truth is he didn't perform badly, and thus, didn't deserve to go........i totally agree he was let go for no good reason..........

213469[/snapback]

He had protection from firing. He made a stupid decision to throw it away. It does not show good judgement. I would have canned his butt as well.

213444[/snapback]

Easy to say, hard to do. They only had an afternoon to get trained. The two who were trained and only on the registers were still very slow because they didn't know what they were doing.

Easy to say, hard to do.  They only had an afternoon to get trained.  The two who were trained and only on the registers were still very slow because they didn't know what they were doing.

213480[/snapback]

Except that the registers they are using are almost idiot proff now. Someone wants a Whopper, you hit the box marked Whopper, then it brings up the options, like if you don't want onions. Things have changed alot in these last 10-15 years in how registers work.

He had protection from firing. He made a stupid decision to throw it away. It does not show good judgement. I would have canned his butt as well.

213477[/snapback]

well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this KRC because i thought it was a horrible decision on trump's part.......

you get "canned" for performing badly in a task.......can you say he performed the worst in the task? if he didn't perform the worst, then he didn't deserve to go, simple as that.......if he performed badly, i could see your point, but the truth is he performed better then most.........and that is what counts........

213464[/snapback]

I just don't think it was a stupid thing to do......Bradford basically threw himself out there onto the block because everyone - including himself - knew that he had done the best job on the task. The examples Trump was using to defend his firing of him were ridiculous, I thought. All great businessmen take risks, anyway - including Trump. So his criticism on those grounds was unwarranted and hypocritical. Bradford was not putting anyone at risk other than himself in that situation, and given his performance the risk to him was basically non-existent. I just thought it was a stupid firing.

Part of what makes the show so good IMO is the unpredictability of who The Donald is going to fire. I'm not sure, but I would bet that all decisions are carefully discussed with the producer, Mark Burnett, taking into consideration what will make for good TV.

I just don't think it was a stupid thing to do......Bradford basically threw himself out there onto the block because everyone - including himself - knew that he had done the best job on the task. The examples Trump was using to defend his firing of him were ridiculous, I thought. All great businessmen take risks, anyway - including Trump. So his criticism on those grounds was unwarranted and hypocritical.  Bradford was not putting anyone at risk other than himself in that situation, and given his performance the risk to him was basically  non-existent.  I just thought it was a stupid firing.

213501[/snapback]

Well, I am not going to get into a big argument over it. As d_wag mentioned, we will have to agree to disagree. While this instance, Bradford only hurt himself, if he is running one of Trump's companies a decision like that would hurt more than just him.

There is no question that he was not the worst on the task, but he showed poor judgement with his decision. There is more to the job than just the performance on one task. Decision-making skills are what is being evaluated, along with creativity. Trump is looking for someone who has the ability to make sound business decisions. Bradford did not show that while in the board room, which is why he was fired.

Again, agree to disagree with you guys.

Again, agree to disagree with you guys.

213511[/snapback]

Cool, bro.......all I know is that the show is one of the most interesting I've seen on television.......I love seeing all the creativity, psychology, and competition. Not to mention the fact that The Donald is a bad mofo.

Part of what makes the show so good IMO is the unpredictability of who The Donald is going to fire. I'm not sure, but I would bet that all decisions are carefully discussed with the producer, Mark Burnett, taking into consideration what will make for good TV.

213507[/snapback]

That would not surprise me in the least, actually.

No way does Magna Inc. win a challenge until Trump reshuffles the teams.

I was rooting for Net Worth to begin with, but they really looked like they are about 10 times better than the other team.