Just ordered one of these

Dante

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were truly rebellious and didn't want to go with the masses, you'd get an Apple Computer. Clearly, you are not what you describe since you're a hard-core PC guy... not exactly goin out on a limb there! :D

Being a hard core PC guy and a rebelious sort at heart, I just couldnt bring myself to go with the masses and get a IPOD. This has got good reviews and has some features the iPod doesnt.

http://us.creative.com/products/product.as...4&product=10795

213227[/snapback]

Being a hard core PC guy and a rebelious sort at heart, I just couldnt bring myself to go with the masses and get a IPOD. This has got good reviews and has some features the iPod doesnt.

213227[/snapback]

Yep. I got a black Zen Micro for xmas. It is awesome. The FM tuner, the extra gig of space (over ipod mini), the rechargeable, removable batteries..... it gets great battery life, sounds GREAT and looks great. Avery nice product IMO. Enjoy!!!!

If you were truly rebellious and didn't want to go with the masses, you'd get an Apple Computer.  Clearly, you are not what you describe since you're a hard-core PC guy... not exactly goin out on a limb there!  :D

213229[/snapback]

NOT TRUE!!! I am so a rebel. Sometimes I dont wear my seatbelt just to get back the establishment. Really though, I have a PC because I can configure it how I want. I can get lots more software and upgrade with any hardware that I choose. That indicates some sort of independant thought dont you think? Apple you get a pre built computer with what they want in it and pay way too much for it. Also ive never liked the superior smugness of the Apple minions.

Yep.  I got a black Zen Micro for xmas.  It is awesome.  The FM tuner, the extra gig of space (over ipod mini), the rechargeable, removable batteries.....  it gets great battery life, sounds GREAT and looks great.  Avery nice product IMO.  Enjoy!!!!

213367[/snapback]

Thanks for the response philsbills. The fm tuner/recorder, the battery and the longer charge life were the selling points for me.

213227[/snapback]

Is there a guide anywhere for converting iTunes downloads to .mp3 format?

Also, i didn't see anywhere if that thing has skip protection.

Thanks for the response philsbills. The fm tuner/recorder, the battery and the longer charge life were the selling points for me.

213381[/snapback]

I have one in my pocket right now! I have the lime green one...

I LOVE IT.

Good points:

The sound is * FANTASTIC * -- Loud + Clear

Software is good

Small, solid, light

Battery life is good ( cranked all the way up I still get 3-4 hours)

You can remove the battery.

Bad points:

The touch pad is very very sensitive, even with the sensitivity turned way down.

The menus are slightly confusing, even after owning it a month.

The battery should only be removed when necessary! I received 2 batteries with the unit, but have decided to only use 1. The back of the unit is "fragile" and I have to be very careful putting it back on.

The earbuds fall out of my ears :D

Overall I still favor it over the IPOD - Tad more storage and better sound.

I considered it because of price, but my 20 gig Ipod is far superior. And the interface is better. And the industrial design is better.

213227[/snapback]

I considered it because of price, but my 20 gig Ipod is far superior. And the interface is better. And the industrial design is better.

213406[/snapback]

I think one HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE selling point for Zen Micro is the removable battery.

In about 2 to 3 years, all of us iPoders are gonna be left with a fairly expensive paperweight. Why? It costs over $100 to get a new batter for the iPod, and in 2 or 3 years, $100 will get you probably 100gig music and media player...

213406[/snapback]

I didnt really want the 20gigs todd for what im using it for. Im probably alone on this but I dont really like the circle button to control the interface on the ipod. I bought a IPOD for my niece for xmas last year and I pre loaded some songs on it and it worked fine but that button drove me crazy. I know most love it but I couldnt get it to work for me. Thats another reason I didnt buy one of those.

The Zen is still a good product, don't get me wrong.

I didnt really want the 20gigs todd for what im using it for. Im probably alone on this but I dont really like the circle button to control the interface on the ipod. I bought a IPOD for my niece for xmas last year and I pre loaded some songs on it and it worked fine but that button drove me crazy. I know most love it but I couldnt get it to work for me. Thats another reason I didnt buy one of those.

213447[/snapback]

213447[/snapback]

I use mine for music, and to back up my laptop's hard drive. Works like a champ.

213388[/snapback]

We(my wife) just purchased an apple for the house. I hate the dam thing, but I am just to lazy to learn it. But to oyur point. My wife recieved an MP# palyer for christmas, and when she tried to download songs from Itunes it would not work.

Dude at the apple store said that the foramt (AGG or something) that encrypts the songs from Itunes is not compatable with mp3. I asked if we could download the songs on to a cd and then back onto the apple and then back to the mp3 player, and he said in theory this would work. Seems like a lot of extra steps to me.

Please take this with a grain of salt as I am a technological midget. I will tell that my wife went and bought the IPOD as it was so much easier.

213388[/snapback]

Im new to mp3 players so I cant answer your question Joe.

Im concerned about the skip protection as well. My wife got me a membership at a gym and thats why im getting this so I need it to be able to handle moving around. I thought skip's was only a issue with portable cd players though?

We(my wife) just purchased an apple for the house. I hate the dam thing, but I am just to lazy to learn it. But to oyur point. My wife recieved an MP# palyer for christmas, and when she tried to download songs from Itunes it would not work.

Dude at the apple store said that the foramt (AGG or something) that encrypts the songs from Itunes is not compatable with mp3. I asked if we could download the songs on to a cd and then back onto the apple and then back to the mp3 player, and he said in theory this would work. Seems like a lot of extra steps to me.

Please take this with a grain of salt as I am a technological  midget. I will tell that my wife went and bought the IPOD as it was so much easier.

213462[/snapback]

What model desktop did she get?

None of the things that you mentioned is true about Apple.......... :D

213498[/snapback]

he said he can get alot more software for his PC... that is true, no?

I mean, you walk into ANY store that sells software, and 98% of it is PC only...

and as far as configuring, Macs are much more difficult to do so, no?

he said he can get alot more software for his PC... that is true, no?

I mean, you walk into ANY store that sells software, and 98% of it is PC only...

and as far as configuring, Macs are much more difficult to do so, no?

213509[/snapback]

Software is becoming less and less of a problem. Obviously there is more PC sotfware but OS X makes development pretty easy and what I want is available. Go to http://versiontracker.com and look at the Mac OS X software and you will see what I mean.

In the sense of building your own Mac, yeah it is much easier to do so on a PC. The G5s are pretty constumizable however.

If you are interested in building a Mac, it isn't impossible. See here: http://www.macopz.com/buildamac/