Anybody have any experience with lemon law?

zevo

I just recently bought a brand new vehicle....last week....had 11 miles on it...it currently has 240 miles on it and it's in the shop....there is some transmission issue with shifting when approaching certain mph...anywAy the dealership service center diagnosed the problem and opened up a claim with the manufacturer at which they had to get step by step instructions to treat the problem....they had it for two days....picked it up tonight...the manufacturer says to give the vehicle back to the customer and drive it for a week and hopefully the vehicle resets itself....on the drive home I still noticed the problem although not as bad...I'm willing to give it the week before taking in again.....I have owned several new vehicles and never had a major problem such as this at such low mileage (240 miles)....the service has been pretty good and they did acknowledge the problem....I know lemon law states 3-4 times in for service for same issue....I just have a bad feeling that I'm heading down this road...just wondering if anyone has had experience with this. I don't want my money back...just a functioning vehicle that I paid for.

Yeah I read up on the law...just wondering if anyone had real life experience....I don't really want to hammer the company just yet but you'd be very surprised as they are noted for their quality and high resale value.

I was so excited to purchase this vehicle as I had been wanting one for years....still want one even if it does turn into a lemon

I was also told by my service advisor this is an extremely rare issue

I have no experience with the lemon law but feel for you man. You buy a new car that you expect to be trouble free for a few years and you have an issue right off the bat. You must be pissed. All I can say is that your powertrain should be covered for 5 years if anything major happens. Hope that gives you some piece of mind.

I have no experience with the lemon law but feel for you man. You buy a new car that you expect to be trouble free for a few years and you have an issue right off the bat. You must be pissed. All I can say is that your powertrain should be covered for 5 years if anything major happens. Hope that gives you some piece of mind.

Yeah...like I said....so far the service has been good....if it doesn't fix itself....I'm assuming a whole new transmission will be required which I am not at all worried about being covered....just a big pain in the ass.....I guess technically if after the 4th attempt to fix is successful I still have the right to claim lemon status....like I said I don't want my money back....just the vehicle in operating order.

I did. I bought a Ford Explorer. I drove a few hundred miles on it and the airbag light went on. I took it into the shop and they "fixed" it. By the time I drove it out of the parking lot at the dealer, the light went back on. I got it back a second time, and went a few hundred more miles. The light went back on. I had a lawyer write a letter to Ford (cost me $25) mentioning blah, blah, Lemon Law, blah, blah, blah. Ford contacted the dealer. Overnight, they installed a completely new wiring harness in the car. Never had the problem again.

I did. I bought a Ford Explorer. I drove a few hundred miles on it and the airbag light went on. I took it into the shop and they "fixed" it. By the time I drove it out of the parking lot at the dealer, the light went back on. I got it back a second time, and went a few hundred more miles. The light went back on. I had a lawyer write a letter to Ford (cost me $25) mentioning blah, blah, Lemon Law, blah, blah, blah. Ford contacted the dealer. Overnight, they installed a completely new wiring harness in the car. Never had the problem again.

yeah. Awesome. The only thing is, for you, this was a quick wife harness/electrical fix. It sounds like the the OPs problem is mechanical. And it could be a long term issue.

If keep going back to make your point and push them to take it back and get a new vehicle.

That's my opinion.

Yeah I read up on the law...just wondering if anyone had real life experience....

A close friend of mine recently returned his BMW under the lemon law here in CA after a few months of consistent problems. Got everything back, though I don't know the specifics.

Yeah I picked it up yesterday still feeling the problem,..I'm not optimistic....

I know you are hesistant to say what brand and model... But that would help if you could! Really. I know my 2006 Chrysler trans "learns" the way it is driven... When I get behind the wheel of it, the thing is my wife's daily driver, it has to to learn how I drive it. REALLY!

Do two people drive this vehicle? If you want to PM w/make and model, I won't divulge that info. Not knowing, can't really help and see what other have been dealing w/this make and model. It is up to you, but that is critical information that is lacking here.

This is not an insult. Do you drive light on it? Easy or hard on the trans? Are you all over the board on it? What I am saying, if you are very light/hard on it, it won't learn a new style for a little bit.