Looking for some new truck info

mrags

Well, new update guys. Decided not to get the truck. All the extra hoops to jump through today to get me the right interest rate got me thinking. Gonna save up for a year and put down a much bigger chunk of money for essentially the same truck a year from now and pay a third or more less than what this one would come out to a month.

Everyone wish me good luck with getting my Benz fixed and hopefully she's stopped hemmoraging repairs after this for a while.

Opening day Pulled Pork is still on me.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear you not getting the truck ! But here is to hoping the Benz holds out for 5 more years! Like I said, become a stodgy old man like me and let your kids be embarrassed by your cars... Sign of aging well!

Fascinating process to me , buying cars My dad was a used car salesman from the time I was born. The hours and life selling cars never appealed to me, but I am in sales now as well. Interesting thing to get into a group and people and ask " who thinks they got a good deal on their car purchase".

100% of hands go up 100% of the time., mine included. But damn , there be a lot of people and bills to pay at a car dealership , and the owners all make a ton of money, so they making lots of money somewhere. And yes, I have bought 100% of my cats from dealerships.

Like I said, just a very unique industry.

Edited by plenzmd1

Right a out that Plez. If you asked 100 people if they got a great deal, I wouldn't say 100% would say yes but prolly above 95%. I say this cause years ago I got raped on a trade when I turned in my Mustang for an Oldsmobile Alero. I know, stupid right. Well, my winter truck was basically robbed of everything in the parking lot downtown where I kept it. And winter was already here and going from a RWD Mustang to a FWD seemed like a necessity at the time.

Wish I never made that trade. Less than 6 months later I moved to Vegas and I wish I had my Convertible Mustang there. But other than that time, I've always felt I made out on the deal. Your right though, dealerships don't get rich from giving cars away.

Thanks for the wishes in the Benz. Hopefully 1-1/2 years is all she wrote with her. Maybe I keep her after she's paid off instead of reading her in. Who knows. A 6 speed manual sport sedan is a fun drive in the summer.

Well, new update guys. Decided not to get the truck. . . .

I realize that it may no longer matter to you, but I happened to see a news report today that both Ford and GM are going to be offering large incentives on new pickup trucks - - seems dealer inventory is high because unusually harsh winter weather affected sales for several months in a row. Here's a news blurb about it - - I'm sure you could get more details with a little google effort:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2014/02/ford-gm-offer-big-incentives-after-flat-sales/

Sorry to be the voice of temptation, but thought you'd want to know.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

You jerk. lol.

Would love to, but I'm thinking that I'm going to save my money over the course of the next year then out like 10k down on whatever I decide I want. It'll be a year long search and information hunt in what I want.

Damn, this thread jinxed me! $1600 going into the Yukon today between tires, brakes, few belts, battery, oil change. Oh well, like I said, better than a car payment for the next three years

lol. But if your in my situation, I'm not only paying for the repairs, I still have a payment too. Sorry to jinx ya. Hopefully the work fixes her like new. I put in the final parts of my repairs tomorrow. Hopefully it fixes all my issues.

lol. But if your in my situation, I'm not only paying for the repairs, I still have a payment too. Sorry to jinx ya. Hopefully the work fixes her like new. I put in the final parts of my repairs tomorrow. Hopefully it fixes all my issues.

friggen tires are $1000..but i uograded last time to the top end Michelins and boy what a difference that made over the original tires. Worth the extra $400

• 1 month later...

I realize that it may no longer matter to you, but I happened to see a news report today that both Ford and GM are going to be offering large incentives on new pickup trucks - - seems dealer inventory is high because unusually harsh winter weather affected sales for several months in a row. Here's a news blurb about it - - I'm sure you could get more details with a little google effort:

http://abcnews.go.co...ter-flat-sales/

Sorry to be the voice of temptation, but thought you'd want to know.

Man, you weren't kidding about this. While I've never been a truck person, I sat in the 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 on the showroom floor while my car was in for some small recall thing, The fleet manager took my car in at the end of the lease last week and asked what I planned on getting. The GM of a nearby Toyota dealer attends our church and got us an 'at cost' deal on my wife's Highlander so I told him I was probably going to Toyota...but gee that 1500 sure was nice.

Between rebates and re-leasing incentives, it was impossible not to take the truck out. Turns out once you'reinside, it's not a truck. It's a big ass car with an open trunk. It's been years since I've driven off the lot and felt like I got a tremendous value.

Man, you weren't kidding about this. While I've never been a truck person, I sat in the 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 on the showroom floor while my car was in for some small recall thing, The fleet manager took my car in at the end of the lease last week and asked what I planned on getting. The GM of a nearby Toyota dealer attends our church and got us an 'at cost' deal on my wife's Highlander so I told him I was probably going to Toyota...but gee that 1500 sure was nice.

Between rebates and re-leasing incentives, it was impossible not to take the truck out. Turns out once you'reinside, it's not a truck. It's a big ass car with an open trunk. It's been years since I've driven off the lot and felt like I got a tremendous value.

Congrats on the new truck! Funny, rental place yesterday was out of midsize, so they gave me a super nice F-150, with the whole second row. Have to say, i did enjoy driving that rig!

As I mentioned earlier, somehow these guys make every single buyer think we got the deal of a lifetime, it is a special gift they have. I know every time i have bought a car, i got the deal of a lifetime LOL

Congrats on the new truck! Funny, rental place yesterday was out of midsize, so they gave me a super nice F-150, with the whole second row. Have to say, i did enjoy driving that rig!

As I mentioned earlier, somehow these guys make every single buyer think we got the deal of a lifetime, it is a special gift they have. I know every time i have bought a car, i got the deal of a lifetime LOL

The guy brought the paperwork and truck to my house because I was on calls most of the day, and as I was looking over the truck he started explaining how he had to eat all these costs because the deal he made two days earlier was no longer available, but he wanted to keep his commitment to me, etc. I told him that story apparently comes standard with every car I've leased in the past 15 years.

But I'm a lease guy and turn my vehicle over every three years, and there's no question I got a great deal on this, especially after I got him to throw in 3 years of service (because all Toyotas come with 2-years service). The truck was over $5K more than my Charger, and in addition to absolutely nothing out of my pocket, my lease payment fell $170/month.

. I told him that story apparently comes standard with every car I've leased in the past 15 years.

But I'm a lease guy and turn my vehicle over every three years, and there's no question I got a great deal on this, especially after I got him to throw in 3 years of service (because all Toyotas come with 2-years service). The truck was over $5K more than my Charger, and in addition to absolutely nothing out of my pocket, my lease payment fell $170/month.

That first line had me laughing! The deal sounds awesome..congrats!

When my Yukon is dead and gone, i might look at a truck as well..but thats for another 4 or five years(as i knock on my head)