Belichick: Welker tried to 'take out' Talib

angryfan62

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as I can remember the middle of the field has been a very dangerous place for pretty much every receiver and d-back. Lots of picking and chipping that is part of the game and if you are an "over the middle" kind of guy (Andre Reed) you are going to get hit. I'm not seeing Welker as an assassin and I imagine there are a real group of defensive backs and linebackers who have a heyday in the middle of the field. Belichik is just a little nutty if he thinks the Welker play was all that out of line.

As RLB noted last night, The NFL has disagreed with Billy..............

NFL: Nothing wrong with hit by Welker

It "was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib, no attempt to get open," Belichick said during his opening statement at his season-ending news conference.

"I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It's not for me to decide, but it's one of the worst plays I've seen. That's all I'm going to say about that."

Edited by B-Man

As RLB noted last night, The NFL has disagreed with Billy..............

NFL: Nothing wrong with hit by Welker

It "was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib, no attempt to get open," Belichick said during his opening statement at his season-ending news conference.

"I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It's not for me to decide, but it's one of the worst plays I've seen. That's all I'm going to say about that."

but it's one of the worst plays I've seen.

Worse than when Brady got kneecapped?

Call the WAAAAMBULANCE

In other news: Ryan Clark of the Steelers was being interviewed on a national radio program earlier this week and he said Welker did the same thing in a game against the Steelers. Clark said he walked over to Welker between plays and said "If you do that again I guarantee your career will end today in this game, against the Pittsburgh Steelers."

That's how it should be handled, Mr. Belichick.

This really isn't related but it's about Belichick so this seems as good a place as any to put it. Just something I came across

Belichick is among the winningest coaches in history. But through his first 100 games as a head coach, he was a mere 42-58 (including playoffs).

Those first 100 games brought us, conveniently enough, to the end of Week 2 of the 2001 season.

But then something changed by Week 3, as if someone had flipped a switch on Belichick's career. Since that day, since that 42-58 start, Belichick is a dizzying 100-27 (.787) as an NFL head coach.

But what was it? What seismic event shook the foundations of NFL history in the space of one week? What changed by Week 3 of 2001 that was different from Week 2 of 2001? What inspired the single greatest turnabout in a coach's legacy in the history of football?

Hmmmm?!?! (Picture grimacing face for added effect.)

We'll figure it all out and get back to you with more on this subject soon.

http://www.coldhardf...l-history/6551/

Edited by Rob's House