Steve Freeman finally getting to the Superbowl

Beerball

Mine too. Though I do think it was him that Ron Smith victimized on a pass over the middle from Dan Fouts for a TD that killed our playoff win on January 3, 1981. We could have beaten Oakland - who beat the Iggles in the SB that season.

Mine too. Though I do think it was him that Ron Smith victimized on a pass over the middle from Dan Fouts for a TD that killed our playoff win on January 3, 1981. We could have beaten Oakland - who beat the Iggles in the SB that season.

That was yet another heart-breaker. Still, the score was 14-13 Bills with a minute to play IN San Diego. I don't think any team won there with only 14 points during Air Coryel (sp.)..

At least the Raiders had Chandler#81

It was Bill Simpson that Ron Smith beat for that TD... Bill got redemption the following year when he intercepted Richard Todd near the goal line to save the win against the Jets in the playoffs.

Freeman tells a funny story of officiating a college game against Arkansas. Someone on the Razorback sideline kept shouting, "you stink, #22" or something like that. Freeman was not wearing #22 as an official, but when he looked over, he saw the shouting person was Arkansas coach Joe Ferguson, who was laughing, making reference to Freeman's number with the Bills.

I love stories like that.

That was yet another heart-breaker. Still, the score was 14-13 Bills with a minute to play IN San Diego. I don't think any team won there with only 14 points during Air Coryel (sp.)..

At least the Raiders had Chandler#81

That's still up there as a top 3 heart-breaker for me. That was a team that could have won it all -- they had smoked the Raiders earlier that season.

That game and Brad Park's OT goal set the stage for a lifetime of Buffalo sports disappointments.

It was Bill Simpson that Ron Smith beat for that TD... Bill got redemption the following year when he intercepted Richard Todd near the goal line to save the win against the Jets in the playoffs.

Freeman tells a funny story of officiating a college game against Arkansas. Someone on the Razorback sideline kept shouting, "you stink, #22" or something like that. Freeman was not wearing #22 as an official, but when he looked over, he saw the shouting person was Arkansas coach Joe Ferguson, who was laughing, making reference to Freeman's number with the Bills.

I love stories like that.

That is great. Ferguson and Freeman were best friends during their Buffalo days.