Any mechanics out there ?

Buffaloed in Pa

Still not getting the point! Re-read my post and try again.

No. There is no point to get. You are way over thinking this. The car does not run or is tore up, he took it apart to take a look see. What's the problem? Things don't work out, he bolts up a whole other used one for $250. No need to get uptight... It is just an axle and diff... Not the end of the world. Maybe he hits the jackpot, somebody helps him and he saves a ton of dough. My God... You comparing this to installing a stent on your father is hysterical.

No. There is no point to get. You are way over thinking this. The car does not run or is tore up, he took it apart to take a look see. What's the problem? Things don't work out, he bolts up a whole other used one for $250. No need to get uptight... It is just an axle and diff... Not the end of the world. Maybe he hits the jackpot, somebody helps him and he saves a ton of dough. My God... You comparing this to installing a stent on your father is hysterical.

And you operate heavy machinery for a living. How on earth do you survive your job?

And you operate heavy machinery for a living. How on earth do you survive your job?

By not following your dumbazz uptight logic. :-P This isn't academia... It is an axle and diff.

Hey,Illinois. I`m going to rip into it this weekend,everything you said is true. I don`t mind getting my hands dirty,got a couple weeks before the boy goes back to school. Let you know how it goes.

LoL... Exactly!

I need a little info,if there is. My sons 03 trailblazer was making noise and leaked gear oil on his left front axle seal After pulling the axle and seal ,I found his bearings and carrier,differential were bad. Anybody ever change one ?

You lost me at "...gear oil". Now if you needed to know how to check tire pressure or fill the windshield washer fluid, I'd be all over this thread like a pro.