Kiko!

Kiko deserves it without a doubt. Not only did he put up big numbers as a rookie...

He was also the only rookie who was the leader of his unit, being the signal caller for Pettine's defense.

That, in itself, is a huge responsibility...and not only did he fulfill it, he played at a high level while doing so.

(I wanted Keenan Allen too, read somewhere that he is the next "Anquan Boldin.")

Edited by DJshnooks

Kiko deserves it without a doubt. Not only did he put up big numbers as a rookie...

He was also the only rookie who was the leader of his unit, being the signal caller for Pettine's defense.

That, in itself, is a huge responsibility...and not only did he fulfill it, he played at a high level while doing so.

(I wanted Keenan Allen too, read somewhere that he is the next "Anquan Boldin.")

Hey. What the...

:)

Kiko did VERY well just to get nominated!

It's very hard for a defensive player to win this award. Since the award's inception if 2002, it has been won by a defensive player only ONCE (Suh in 2010).

He most likely won't win, and they are all good candidates (except Bernard). I could see a legitimate case to be made for Lacy, Allen, Patterson, or Alonso.

Richardson was the more dominant and consistent player the second half of the season. Kiko made game changing not just highlight reel plays for the first half. But he really played poorly down the stretch. Lacy got better during the season and probably would have had even better numbers if Rodgers doesn't get hurt.

Kiko tailed off late in the year. At least I thought so.

Just wondering why you think this is? I think his torrid start with all the tackles, interceptions, and forced fumbles/fumble recoveries has made fans believe he tailed off because the latter two weren't happening. He still had 159 tackles, which was what, 3rd in the NFL? 2nd? That's a huge amount of tackles. It would've been impossible for him to keep the pace he had with int's and fumble recoveries. If he had, it would've been the best season in NFL history by an LB.

He didn't really tail off as much as people think, he just had a ridiculous start. He's still ROY imo, or it's a dead tie with Richardson.

Am I the only one that never just votes for players from my favorite teams? I vote for who I believe deserves it, which is not Kiko.

No knock on him, obviously. I love Kiko.

who was your vote, just curious?

Richardson was the more dominant and consistent player the second half of the season. Kiko made game changing not just highlight reel plays for the first half. But he really played poorly down the stretch. Lacy got better during the season and probably would have had even better numbers if Rodgers doesn't get hurt.

star littlekongfooeylalooey was better all season.

This

I'd love Kiko to win but I think it will go to Lacy

CBF

lacy should get offensive rookie. Being a RB in this league is way too easy. That he did it in GB with no one else taking time from him and with a good line and Rodgers is big too

Am I the only one that never just votes for players from my favorite teams? I vote for who I believe deserves it, which is not Kiko.

Richardson had a very good year as a run stuffer. His pass rush leaves much to be desired, IMO. Lotulelei was a main reason for Carolina's strong defense but just doesn't get the stats or flash that people look for in DROY.

Kiko was good in run defense (save a few plays late in the year), excellent in pass coverage, signal caller from day 1, AND played every single defensive snap of the season. Impressive to say the least. I think the length of the NFL season weighed on him towards the end. He looked much slimmer than the beginning of the year. I'm sure he'll bulk up in the off season and be ready for the long haul next year.

Kiko tailed off late in the year. At least I thought so.

Knee injury in the last month of the season adding in he was the only rookie to play 100%, yes 100% of the defensive snaps. He actually did very well for all he was asked to do, not to mention he is not a natural ILB.

Edited by Mr. Football

I understand your reasoning, but you would think that the Bills/Kiko would be the first to get such an award, when somebody else had a legit claim to it. The fact that he is a nominee indicates that somebody (the powers that be) feel that he is worthy of consideration... the fact that it is a popularity contest (voted on by fans, in part) stacks the deck against Kiko...playing on a team that is one of the smallest NFL fan-bases....stuff the damn ballot box! :lol:

Kiko did VERY well just to get nominated!

It's very hard for a defensive player to win this award. Since the award's inception if 2002, it has been won by a defensive player only ONCE (Suh in 2010).

He most likely won't win, and they are all good candidates (except Bernard). I could see a legitimate case to be made for Lacy, Allen, Patterson, or Alonso.

Clearly misinformed on Bernard, the guy is a baller, on his way to being A player like Sproles. He was a hard player to miss on HBO's hard nocks.

Just wondering why you think this is? I think his torrid start with all the tackles, interceptions, and forced fumbles/fumble recoveries has made fans believe he tailed off because the latter two weren't happening. He still had 159 tackles, which was what, 3rd in the NFL? 2nd? That's a huge amount of tackles. It would've been impossible for him to keep the pace he had with int's and fumble recoveries. If he had, it would've been the best season in NFL history by an LB.

He didn't really tail off as much as people think, he just had a ridiculous start. He's still ROY imo, or it's a dead tie with Richardson.

Well, technically, if you start off at HOF level, then "decline" to just all pro status, you've tailed off. So it was a lazy post by me. Sorry. I love Alonzo and if he keeps this up, I want him here for at least 10 years. I thought later in the year, his being out of position was the sole reason for some huge ground gains, including the 80 yard run by Rainey in the Tampa game. It may be due to the longer NFL season. Maybe the NFL has figured out his game a little. But he looks solid, which is so nice to acknowledge and recognize. Rookie of the year? I don't think it's clear this year.