9th draft slot puts Bills in action spot

Pete

Lets imagine the projection comes through as stated. Or even nearly close. ( i can see it happening too )

If Bills have a card in hand they should trade back and gather picks. Even if its only to 10 or 11.

Some one is badly going to want Evans or Watkins or Mack .

I mean i do too. Buts that some nice leverage if we get the calls.

Some nice stock this year . and the QBs worth a hoot will be gone

Nice scenario could be trading down 1-5 picks and having at least a couple of these guys still available, and picking up another 2nd.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets imagine the projection comes through as stated. Or even nearly close. ( i can see it happening too )

If Bills have a card in hand they should trade back and gather picks. Even if its only to 10 or 11.

Some one is badly going to want Evans or Watkins or Mack .

I mean i do too. Buts that some nice leverage if we get the calls.

Some nice stock this year . and the QBs worth a hoot will be gone

In fact, I maintain that the run on QBs, and even the pre-draft buzz about the QBs, will sieve the talent at several positions of need right to the Bills. Or a trading partner.

Baltimore wants a WR, and it's their top offensive need (I've talked with the Baltimore Analyst at DraftTek). They are at #16, and a drop from 9 to 16 is worth their second.

Ravens get Sammy Watkins WRF Clemson

Bills end up with

Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech

Shayne Skov ILB Stanford, sliding Kiko Alonso to WLB

La'el Collins OG LSU

i wished Watkins.

I am quite pleased we get Amaro potentially . I would applaud as a BPA and player of need scored !

Ravens dont wish for Evans ?

I expect him to vie for top WR pick too. and M. Lee a bit farther down the line. But another nice player if trading picks.

Thanks Bot !

PS i am hoping for the sieving also : )

Sammy Watkins WRF Clemson

Yes , i am thinking also this would be rather nice

In fact, I maintain that the run on QBs, and even the pre-draft buzz about the QBs, will sieve the talent at several positions of need right to the Bills. Or a trading partner.

Baltimore wants a WR, and it's their top offensive need (I've talked with the Baltimore Analyst at DraftTek). They are at #16, and a drop from 9 to 16 is worth their second.

Bills end up with

Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech

La'el Collins OG LSU

Oops ! What is the ravens second pick ? 48 ?

Nice scenario could be trading down 1-5 picks and having at least a couple of these guys still available, and picking up another 2nd.

In a perfect world we might also trade for next years pick.

just in case we need the Franchise QB still....oh no I didnt

Edited by 3rdand12

Bills end up with

Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech

La'el Collins OG LSU

How about the #9 and Stevie Johnson to San Francisco for SF #1, their two #2's and their #3?

I'm not a "get rid of Stevie" guy but if you are trying to stack picks San Fran has KC's #2.

I'm not assigning a lot of trade value to Stevie really....perhaps they could do that trade without Stevie if the Niners really wanted Watkins(for instance) as they are later picks being acquired in those rounds.

But with Woods, Goodwin and Graham all recently drafted....on paper....you have your bookend speed guys and the posession guy.

The Bills have made plenty of incorrect "on paper" decisions in the past.....like dumping David Nelson and moving Stevie to the slot.

Anyway:

The first missing piece in THAT receiving corps is a vertical, pass catching TE to keep safeties honest and open up space on the deep sideline for those two speed receivers.

The luxury need in that scenario is that big 6'5" wide out.

Neither of which, Stevie is.

Maybe Anquan calls it quits this year and they decide to upgrade their receiving corps.

Course', if the Niners keep winning those picks become less valuable.

Just a thought.

He's under the radar because Vandy, albeit an SEC school, is usually a punching bag and doesn't usually put 1st round talent out there.

Interestingly, former Bills All Pro Will Wolford was a first rounder as was another Commodore O-lineman, Bears draftee Chris Williams.

As to the topic, #9 is a great draft position. The Bills can snag the BPA or trade down like last year, to good results.

One of Buddy Nix's more irksome values was that he didn't like to move around in the draft.

He finally altered his philsophy, unfortunately at first with disastrous results (TJ Graham) and then to better results with the Tavon Austin for EJ Manuel, Kiko Alonso, Marquis Goodwin, and Chris Gragg trade.

I'm not dogmatic about things because everything is hypothetical until you're on the clock but in principle, I'm a believer of staying put, or trading down and much less so, trading up.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan