Andy Reid

LB3

He turned a talented 2-14 team into a playoff team. There's no way to discredit that. That said, he screwed them last night with horrible coaching decisions and clock management. You are up 28 points and proceed to go with a game plan that has a very lopsided run pass ratio. 10 Run 20 Pass while up 28 points. I don't care if you are down to your 3rd rb. That is an epic fail.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

He turned a talented 2-14 team into a playoff team. There's no way to discredit that. That said, he screwed them last night with horrible coaching decisions and clock management. You are up 28 points and proceed to go with a game plan that has a very lopsided run pass ratio. 10 Run 20 Pass while up 28 points. I don't care if you are down to your 3rd rb. That is an epic fail.

It's really typical Andy Reid. No surprises here.

It really is amazing how after all this time as a head coach he still struggles with basic game mgt

Yup. Reid has never been very good at making in-game adjustments in terms of balancing the playbook. Reid is also one of the worst NFL headcoaches at clock and timeout management.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

He's always struggled with this crap. And I don't completely discredit him taking a 2-14 team to a great record and the playoffs, but that team had a ton of talent. A bunch of pro bowlers last season (9 or 11 I believe). It's not like his skills vaulted then to what they are. Any coach that's better than average would have had that team in the playoffs this year. Especially with their very weak schedule to start off the year.

Didn't Kansas City's 2 top RBs go out with injury?

Also, isn't it mostly on the sieve-like defense?

If you want to criticize his choice of D-Coordinators I would agree more with you.

The Chiefs scored 30+ points after their "top running back" got injured. Issue wasn't injuries. Like you said blame is to go with the d-coordinator as well as Reid.

yep. Not to mention the inexplicable timeout immediately after the two-minute warning.

Didn't Kansas City's 2 top RBs go out with injury?

Also, isn't it mostly on the sieve-like defense?

If you want to criticize his choice of D-Coordinators I would agree more with you.

So you believe that because they're down to their 3rd string running back, that a 20-10 pass-run ratio when up 28 points is on the the D coordinators?

Edit: I do agree the D was awful. But that's why they were the 24th ranked D in the regular season.

So you believe that because they're down to their 3rd string running back, that a 20-10 pass-run ratio when up 28 points is on the the D coordinators?

Playing TY Hilton in man coverage when he burned them the entire game and made no adjustments is as egregious as Reids in-game management. Appalling coaching on both sides with the Chiefs.

Edit: I do agree the D was awful. But that's why they were the 24th ranked D in the regular season.

Just pointing out the irony of blaming offensive playcalling in a game where they scored 44 points.

But I agree that the playcalling was a factor in the loss.

The announces pointed out several times that the 3rd string running back is/was injury prone and had a history of fumbles. Add to that the loss of your #2 WR. Indy lined up more guys in the box, and doubled Bowe. They gambled that a short passing attack would work, and lost. But to get beat on the deep bomb to Hilton that split a 2 deep zone is inexcusable.

I don't know if the better team won, but certainly Indy would be a much healthier team next week.

The announces pointed out several times that the 3rd string running back is/was injury prone and had a history of fumbles. Add to that the loss of your #2 WR. Indy lined up more guys in the box, and doubled Bowe. They gambled that a short passing attack would work, and lost. But to get beat on the deep bomb to Hilton that split a 2 deep zone is inexcusable.

I don't know if the better team won, but certainly Indy would be a much healthier team next week.

Disagree on two fronts.

Health. The announcers talked all game about how hobbled the Colts dbs were. Their number one WR was out as well. Charles would probably have been back next week. I'd say the Chiefs might have been healthier.

I will also say the better team definitely won. The Chiefs D was bad this year (24th). They also lost to the Colts a couple weeks ago in KC 23-7. Name one GOOD team the Chiefs beat this year. Vick led Philly?

I'd have to say Andy Reid is in the Coach of the Year conversation. 4 injuries. (2 pro-bowlers). You cant say that had no effect. Would they have won without the injuries ? Who knows?

To beat up on Andy is silly after a successful season like they had. If Buffalo did as well as KC, or does that well next year I'll be ecstatic.