NFL key dates

Need programing to fill each month. The move to May for the draft makes sense. I had the key dates posted on my lap top. Trying to figure what will fill the gap between the combine and the draft. My guess is the NFL Network will really hype the free agent market.

It gets people talking about Football all year. It also gives teams more time to evaluate talent. It does cut into their down time though. In a league with a high burn out factor I am not sure it's a great idea.

Agree. It appears no way that coaches like Gruden and Cowher are coming back, just like Jimmy Johnson................Once they got a taste of an easier life, why would they go back to that year round incredible grind.

I've seen posts on this forum and many on-line articles that the NFL benefits by moving the draft to TV sweeps periods, which is in May for 2014. Don't know how true that is or not, but certainly a good possibility.

That is true. May is a sweeps month.

And even though a lot of fans bemoan the Draft being a 3 day event, it's TV ratings have gone up since they moved it to Prime Time.

The draft programming has been a huge hit for the NFL Network. They can do more in depth analysis of the players than ESPN can. I imagine they will fill the time with more detailed analysis of teams, their needs, FA signings, and the players in the draft. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The draft was almost anti-climatic last Spring. I was ready to get it over. One bright spot is I found new websites to research the non-glamour guys (linemen and LBs). Get tired of them pounding the top-QBs and top 5-10 players.

• 2 weeks later...