OSU - Clemson Orange Bowl

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does he remain you of? I guess that he reminds me a little of AJ Green if I need a pro comparison. He's not quite as tall but a little more explosive.

I watched this game to specifically check out Watkins. Most mocks have him going at the latest 6th overall but these are going strictly by ability (which I agree) of the player and not need or fit for the team. After watching & checking his youtube highlights, I'm on board. Reading his profile he has always been a blue-chipper, he's a big time talent that should transfer to the next level IMO. Like some have said he reminds me of a Percy Harvin type or most recently a more polished C. Patterson (Vikings 1st Rd) but he has the ball skills of Dez Bryant. Could you imagine a spread formation of Watkins, Goodwin/Woods with SJ in the slot and CJ in the backfield? Who does the defense roll coverage toward? I subscribe to putting playmakers on the field & wear defenses down trying to cover the field. BTW, I like M.Evan's also but I'm not sure how fast he will adapt to the league...Watkins has been a player from day 1 at Clemson.

I also agree with drafting a power back to replace FJ soon but would only start valuing that position until the mid-late rds. Good backs are still around late in the draft, most just don't have that explosiveness or great 40 times. I think Hyde would be there in the 3rd but if not Andre Williams aka "little Earl" as in Earl Campbell from BC is another option that should be there in rd 4-6.

My wish list is offense dominated in rds 1-4:

1st- WR -(Watkins, Evans- maybe even Lee after a trade back) or LB ( Barr or Mack)- I'm really hoping we address the MLB position in NFL free agency & move Kiko to the WLB.

2nd- TE- (ASJ, Amaro or Grimble) or OL

3rd- Take a flyer on one of the injured QB's (I like EJ but just incase) Mettenburger or Murray

4th- RB- A. Williams or OG if not addressed earlier

Edited by pimp 2

I see Dez.

Best player in the draft, don't think he'll last to 9...

That's what I see as well...Or a bigger version of a young Steve Smith.

That's what I think. I think that 3 QBs, Clowney, Mack, Watkins and Matthews are all off the board by the time that the Bills pick. If I had to guess at the other guy off the board I would say Barr. I am assuming that Hundley stays in school. Something like this:

Hou- Bridgewater

Cle (from STL) - Manziel

Jax - Bortles

STL (from Cle) - Matthews

Oak - Clowney

ATL - Mack

TB - Watkins

Minn - Barr

It's funny how it seems to workout in fans pre draft mock. The player desired always seem to go off the board prior to your teams pick or the guy projected could have been had later on...Love it! :D

Edited by pimp 2

It's funny how it seems to workout in fans pre draft mock. The player desired always seem to go off the board prior to your teams pick or the guy projected could have been had later on...Love it! :D

I want to find a way that either Watkins or Mack is there. I think that the best bet will be if another QB goes in the top 8 to Oakland and/or Minnesota. If that happens it could push one of those guys to the Bills.

I could be wrong here, but why wouldn't Meyer use his timeouts after the penalty?

He only had one - TV was wrong

The Ohio State play calling has abandon them again. It was a disaster late in the MSU game and atrocious late again in this game.

Herman didn't trust #5 to make the throws. He was hurt... but didn't trust him against MSU either.

How much is it that Sammy Watkins is a stud and how much is it that OSU's defense is just brutal?

Stud. But take last night's performance with a grain of salt. OSU was missing 3 def starters including top pass rusher and top DB who would have covered him. Watkins had man coverage from a true freshman playing in his first game o the 1st TD and the other guy Bryant had a sophomore backup with a 7 inch height disadvantage covering him on the 2 fade route TDs. Braxton was playing most of the game with broken ribs and a hurt shoulder - despite all their offensive success Clemson loses with a healthy #5.

I want to find a way that either Watkins or Mack is there. I think that the best bet will be if another QB goes in the top 8 to Oakland and/or Minnesota. If that happens it could push one of those guys to the Bills.

Both should definitely be in the market for QB's, I think the Bills are in a good position to get a playmaker at #9. If one position is dominate early another will open up. I believe either Mack or Barr will be there if the draft shifts to an offense dominated early picks. We need to continue to draft playmakers and use NFL free agency for quality depth players & ST.

Edited by pimp 2

If Buffalo wants a big back late in the draft, Doug Marrone should look at his old pupil in Jerome Smith. 245 lb beast who runs hard and has very good hands.

Good put, I have been hoping to see Smith in a Bills uni for two years now, I think that would an outstanding draft choice, surprised more Cuse fans have mentioned him