Chris Kluwe speaks out on being cut last spring

NoSaint

Kluwe would have been a huge upgrade over a fading Moorman. Why didn't the Bills try him out? He would a be a huge upgrade next year as well.

They actually did...Kluwe and Moorman were brought in for a workout, and the Bills signed Moorman. Kluwe was very gracious about it and publicly thanked the Bills for the opportunity on twitter.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Chris Kluwe is that he could've written a piece about the intolerance in the Vikings org. But he didn't, he made it all about himself and how much of a hero he was for standing up to them. I hope his arm doesn't hurt from patting himself on the back.

And there's the rub. I've never heard Kluwe talk about gay marriage as much as I've heard him talk about himself.

I might even agree with him on the subject of gay marriage. Or not. I don't really know. I definitely don't agree with him on the subject of the importance of Chris Kluwe, however.

realize he's just a guy who can no longer pin the ball inside the 20

This seems to be a fairly pertinent detail that most people are not considering. I don't watch many Vikings games but it's certainly reasonable to think there are better and cheaper options for punters than Kluwe.

fairly pertinent detail that most people are not considering.

i think its been well considered - even kluwe acknowledges the issue. at most i think his thrust is that they simply might not have been as aggressive as his level of play hadnt been an issue before. the same kicks were being graded differently after the article, essentially.

but he very much acknowledges that as his price tag rises he expected more challenges keeping the job.

Edited by NoSaint