Chris Kluwe speaks out on being cut last spring

NoSaint

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who really gives a sh%t.chris kluwe? please..

It's an interesting read. And I'm sure if in 1963, a special teams coach made a comment about sending the blacks to an island where they would be subsequently nuked, there would be plenty of Dwight in Philly's out there saying who cares just the same. Edited by metzelaars_lives

It's an interesting read. And I'm sure if in 1963, a special teams coach made a comment about sending the blacks to an island where they would be subsequently nuked, there would be plenty of Dwight in Philly's out there saying who cares just the same.

that is all hypothetical..try living in reality.. if my fridge is low on beer, that is a concern, what an NFL punter thinks or says means nothing! there is not an instrument to measure my indifference on gay marriage .

Edited by dwight in philly

It's an interesting read. And I'm sure if in 1963, a special teams coach made a comment about sending the blacks to an island where they would be subsequently nuked, there would be plenty of Dwight in Philly's out there saying who cares just the same.

The problem with Chris Kluwe is that he could've written a piece about the intolerance in the Vikings org. But he didn't, he made it all about himself and how much of a hero he was for standing up to them. I hope his arm doesn't hurt from patting himself on the back.

that is all hypothetical..try living in reality.. if my fridge is low on beer, that is a concern, what an NFL punter thinks or says means nothing! there is not an instrument to measure my indifference on gay marriage .

Are you saying it would be inconceivable that a football coach could have been racist in 1963? And once again, in 1963 when black people were being hosed down the street in Birmingham, there were plenty of Dwight in Philly's who were indifferent to that situation as well.

The problem with Chris Kluwe is that he could've written a piece about the intolerance in the Vikings org. But he didn't, he made it all about himself and how much of a hero he was for standing up to them. I hope his arm doesn't hurt from patting himself on the back.

Don't disagree with you at all. I'm not diehard Chris Kluewe by any means. But I also found it an interesting read, I believe him and I found that what the ST coach said was something that, 50 years from now, will seem as outrageous as it was to say something like that about black people would be today. Dwight in Philly doesn't care though, this much we know.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Are you saying it would be inconceivable that a football coach could have been racist in 1963? And once again, in 1963 when black people were being hosed down the street in Birmingham, there were plenty of Dwight in Philly's who were indifferent to that situation as well.

i am quite sure there were racist coaches in 1963, there were racist school teachers, lawyers, salesmen, fireman. it is not inconceivable.. is there a point somewhere????? you are attempting to make ??there is nothing worse on here than bills fans weighing in on social issues.. it is pathetic.. keep it to football.. AGAIN.. WHO CARES WHAT CHRIS KLUWE THINKS.. Edited by dwight in philly

i am quite sure there were racist coaches in 1963, there were racist school teachers, lawyers, salesmen, fireman. it is not inconceivable.. is there a point somewhere????? you are attempting to make ??

Let's be civil for a second and I'll ask you two questions. 1. Did you read the article? 2. Do you find what the ST coach said to be acceptable behavior in 2013?

i am quite sure there were racist coaches in 1963, there were racist school teachers, lawyers, salesmen, fireman. it is not inconceivable.. is there a point somewhere????? you are attempting to make ??there is nothing worse on here than bills fans weighing in on social issues.. it is pathetic.. keep it to football.. AGAIN.. WHO CARES WHAT CHRIS KLUWE THINKS..

But Dwight in Philly, don't you understand that by you saying "who cares" in response to a coach saying that he believes that all gays should be sent to an island and then the island nuked, you are weighing in on the social issue yourself??

i am quite sure there were racist coaches in 1963, there were racist school teachers, lawyers, salesmen, fireman. it is not inconceivable.. is there a point somewhere????? you are attempting to make ??there is nothing worse on here than bills fans weighing in on social issues.. it is pathetic.. keep it to football.. AGAIN.. WHO CARES WHAT CHRIS KLUWE THINKS..

Apparently someone who took time to make three posts in the thread to talk about how he doesn't care.

And Dwight need I really remind you for at least the tenth time that in 2010, almost exactly four years ago, you blamed Obama for NBC covering the women's figure skating gold medal round over the US-Canada round robin game?

Apparently someone who took time to make three posts in the thread to talk about how he doesn't care.

Probably because I made the title so vague, he didn't realize Chris kluwe would be speaking out on a topic. My fault.

And Dwight need I really remind you for at least the tenth time that in 2010, almost exactly four years ago, you blamed Obama for NBC covering the women's figure skating gold medal round over the US-Canada round robin game?

actually it was MSNBC , not NBC,but again, dont let reality, or facts get in the way... i never blamed obama, it was an analogy i made.. but because i am too lazy to get into it, nor think anyone would remotely give a sh%t, ill let it go.. i hope green bay wins, philly wins.. and crossman gets fired..

He really needs to keep his mouth shut. As that is what cost him to lose his job with MN. He probably will be a great activist one day. But he needs to keep his mouth shut if he wants to have another job.

There are many people who feel that way and I understand those who. But I imagine from Kluwe's perspective that if he never gets another chance to kick, yet that there is someday soon a gay NFL player who feels comfortable enough to be himself, that it will have been worth it for him to speak up.

I fully understand those who say "keep your relationships at home," but no one asks that of a straight player. I can't imagine that an out player would be bringing his partner to the locker room any more than straight players are bringing their wives.