Head Coach Doug Marrone To Answer Fan Questions Live Tonight

angryfan62

"I'm not making excuses, but EJ missed a lot of camp."

That sounds like an excuse Doug. Thad missed camp too.

Sounds a lot like "I'm not racist but (insert racist comment here)"

It really doesn't matter if it's an excuse or not.

Bottom line is, it's all up to EJ now. He was expected to be raw and a project coming into the NFL. A lot of what's wrong, people assert, is fixable in the offseason. OK, EJ, buckle up and work your a** off, study film and the playbook until your eyes cross, self-assess your own tendencies and do what you can to mix things up this offseason. Do whatcha gotta do to achieve excellence.

It's expected that many players make a big jump between year 1 and year 2. So Do. Or Do Not. There is no "try"

"I'm not making excuses, but EJ missed a lot of camp."

That sounds like an excuse Doug. Thad missed camp too.

Sounds a lot like "I'm not racist but (insert racist comment here)"

What's the difference between an excuse and a reason?

Any reasonable person who is asked whether there is a good chance that a rookie QB missing training camp would most likely be set back somewhat would answer in the positive.

Thad missed some too. Exactly.

Thats another justifiable reason these guys struggled. No better teacher than reps for the QB i would think.

Bills offense had a brutal 1st year delevopment cycle for many reasons. I gotta sympathize with Hackett and Marrone. Seems like some

poor planning ? Sure. But talk about bad luck

geez

Edited by 3rdand12

The elephant in the room is the Special Teams coach. 45 minutes of nobody confronting the coach about his buddy the horrible special teams coach.

Perhaps you were asleep, but the coach addressed the problem and generically said every coach including himself will be assessed. Did he answer a question about firing his friend, no. That would've been counter-productive, as was the case with the "Three Stooges" question to Jimmy Haslem in Cleveland.

What's the difference between an excuse and a reason?

Any reasonable person who is asked whether there is a good chance that a rookie QB missing training camp would most likely be set back somewhat would answer in the positive.

Reason

A Reason for not doing something .....

If someone offers an explanation for why he can't do something, then, in order for it to be judged as a reason, it should be:

Logical, factual, verifiable, a one-off event, unavoidable, and commensurate.

Excuse

If someone offers an explanation why he can't do something, then, in order for it to be judged as an excuse it will be:

False (a lie) Illogical, un-verifiable, multiple use of the same old story, inconsistent, avoidable, foreseeable, disproportionate.

Example: I can't come into work today because my hamster is sick.