My wish list feel free to add

billsfan_34

Hakeem Nicks is productive? My entire family are giants fans they all think he stinks.

He stinks when he's hurt, he's super productive when he's healthy.

He's also only 25 years old. Two years he's had over 1000 yards. One year he had 11 TDs.

I think he's a risk, certainly. Otherwise he might not be available.

Resign Byrd(and extend Glenn)

Sign Brandon Spikes. And pursue Orakpo

Trade down, pick up additonal second rounder. Draft Kelvin Benjamin, G Yankey, and Seferian-Jenkins.

Take a 4th round flyer on QB

and devote rest of draft to LB, Oline, Dline

He stinks when he's hurt, he's super productive when he's healthy.

He's also only 25 years old. Two years he's had over 1000 yards. One year he had 11 TDs.

I think he's a risk, certainly. Otherwise he might not be available.

I watch a lot of GMen football….everyone is now ready to see him leave town. Once the team paid Cruz, it was clear to him (and his agent) that there were not going to be 2 WR's earning top echelon $…..so - he mailed it in this year and protected his body. Would not go up and fight hard for balls, missed OTA's, locker room cancer, etc.

He's born and bred North Carolina…college at UNC...we'll see what the Panthers do but my guess is that's where he goes. If he wants to stay in NY and the Giants don't pay, I can see him in Jet green as well. They will pay for him.

He is not a fit for WNY after playing and winning a SB in the big apple - especially if we have an unproven QB slinging it to him.

I watch a lot of GMen football….everyone is now ready to see him leave town. Once the team paid Cruz, it was clear to him (and his agent) that there were not going to be 2 WR's earning top echelon $…..so - he mailed it in this year and protected his body. Would not go up and fight hard for balls, missed OTA's, locker room cancer, etc.

He's born and bred North Carolina…college at UNC...we'll see what the Panthers do but my guess is that's where he goes. If he wants to stay in NY and the Giants don't pay, I can see him in Jet green as well. They will pay for him.

He is not a fit for WNY after playing and winning a SB in the big apple - especially if we have an unproven QB slinging it to him.

You might be right!

I guess what I am saying is that I would love for the Bills to take a crack at getting him. Not necessarily saying that it's would happen, but I think it's a major hole that could be solved (if he stayed healthy, etc…) for Buffalo.

I do think folks on this board overplay the "he wouldn't want to play in Buffalo" aspect. First, the guys only spend about 6 months out of the year here. Second, dollars talk more than anything else when it comes to these decisions. Agents have significant influence on the players and they want to get the max amount for their players as possible. Winning is a close second, which Buffalo is clearly deficient at. Third is the metro area, but I think it's a very distant third. There are always exceptions and the Carolina as Nicks's hometown aspect would definitely fit in that category. Good insight!

Fire Crossman [yes. this should have happened already. there has to be a ST coach among the many coaches who were fired today that are better than Crossman].

Bring in a free agent QB or draft one to push EJ [i would go with a FA. We need a vet backup/someone to push EJ. No more two rookie situation. Although, I would not oppose doing both. Perhaps a guy like Tom Savage in a late round, UDFA). [/b]

Hire a QB coach [Yes!]

Draft an OLB [Mack!]

Draft a TE [agreed. I would do this in the 3rd round. THe kid from USC is projected to be available then. I would also add resign Chandler. He is a great TE2].

Draft/pickup a bruising between the tackles get the tough yards RB [Agreed. FJax is getting older, and is not a guy who ideally does this. Not sure who is available in either situation (draft/FA)

Draft/pickup line help, esp OGs [OG is the biggest need on the O-line. I would go the FA route as I see getting OLB, DT (we are weak at run D), and TE as RD 1, 2, Add: [resign Byrd. We are well below the cap and not keeping him creates a gaping hole in our secondary.]

Agree with most of the list. My thoughts in bold above.

Mack would be nice, probably wont be there at 9

Mack might be there. Barr from UCLA will be the first one taken. If neither are there, I'd take WR Lee from USC.

My wish list follows:

1. Fire Hackett, plain and simple. Head coaches (Notwithstanding Chudzy) get three years to prove themselves, OC’s get a year, and frankly, it became obvious to everyone but Marrone that Hackett was in way over his head by the third game.
  2. Fire Crossman – Do I really need to explain this one? Litmus test for Marrone, IMO.
  3. Continue to make good solid FA decisions and trades. Whaley has my confidence in his ability to pick good solid players. No need to make a splash in FA.
  4. Retain Byrd, if he wants to stay, pay him top 3 money, if not good enough, can’t blame them for letting him walk, however, if he walks, I trust Whaley will make the most of it.
  5. Do NOT trade Spiller or Jackson. My God the fact that anyone is even talking about that is ridiculous. Even with Hacketts atrocious play calling and misuse of Spiller, they both managed to be 900 yard rushers behind this OL. Proper, or more effective scheming and play calling will vault these two into something really special next year. To Hackett, dude, everyone knows were going to run the damn ball, so why not try passing to open up the run? It’s not a difficult concept.
  6. Bills MUST either trade or sign a good solid veteran QB for next year. This is a must. Do not draft one as he will not scare EJ or Thad enough for the desired effect.
  7. Draft at 9 the best OT/G if it warrants it, if not, trade back, draft the best OLB available. Some are saying to draft Mosley or Mack at 9, and I have no issue with that, but if not, trade back again next year.
  8. As far as draft needs, many have good points on TE, OL, WR, LB etc.. Personally I trust Whaley on this so my wish is to draft at least 4 players that can start.

Tim-