Woods & Goodwin Top 2 Bills Wr's next year?

Jerry Jabber

This is what I've posted for quite some time. An athletic tight end who has great hands, another bigger, taller WR, and then use Stevie, Woods, and Goodwin. Just about every team, but NE has at least one of their receivers as bigger, and taller, and typically an excellent TE. It would make EJ or the next draft QB so much easier. Dump Graham. He sucks. He's worn out his welcome, and keep as back ups Hogan, and maybe Easley due to ST.

I'd love to see Moeaki in more important snaps to see what he has left...was a rising star until injuries derailed him...if he is healthy he gives us a top 15 in NFL talent at TE...that's a big if tho, but him sitting on the bench is not helping us find out anything

Edited by matter2003

This is what I've posted for quite some time. An athletic tight end who has great hands, another bigger, taller WR, and then use Stevie, Woods, and Goodwin. Just about every team, but NE has at least one of their receivers as bigger, and taller, and typically an excellent TE. It would make EJ or the next draft QB so much easier. Dump Graham. He sucks. He's worn out his welcome, and keep as back ups Hogan, and maybe Easley due to ST.

I was with you for the most part up until you suggested keeping Hogan. He might be able to get open, but as to that, so can Graham. I love what Easley has shown on ST. Wouldn't mind keeping him around just for that (and as an emergency wr).

I'd be happier, personally, if we drafted a big, definite #1 WR to go with Woods and Goodwin, and also a legitimate star TE. If we went that route in rounds 1 and 2, and waited on a Guard/LB till rounds 3 and 4, I'd be fine with that.

I just don't see us acquiring top talent at QB or TE via trade, though, so if we wanted more talent at either of those positions, I'd recommend drafting them early. You still see good WR and O-Linemen in FA to make the types of additions we're looking for.

Anyway, I'll not be grading the Bills on draft alone, but on how well they coordinate the draft and FA.

Making gay jokes AND making fun of soccer? Way to go, champ. Way to prove your manhood.

What, criticizing the ineptitude of Graham was too difficult?

I'm actually a woman. My name is Tiffany.

I wouldn't call Graham inept, though.

Edited by jboyst62

I think they need someone better. Woods could be a premier #2 receiver in this league but I am not sure he is the kind of #1 that helps take your team to the next level.

That said, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and AJ Green have been to zero Super Bowls, and Tom Brady and his cast of replacements have been to many, so getting EJ to put the ball in the right place with more regularity would seem to do a lot for these guys.

It sure looks like Goodwin gets open just about all the time.

Maybe I am talking myself into this scenario.

I think they need someone better. Woods could be a premier #2 receiver in this league but I am not sure he is the kind of #1 that helps take your team to the next level.

That said, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and AJ Green have been to zero Super Bowls, and Tom Brady and his cast of replacements have been to many, so getting EJ to put the ball in the right place with more regularity would seem to do a lot for these guys.

It sure looks like Goodwin gets open just about all the time.

Maybe I am talking myself into this scenario.

I am surprised to see you say this. Until I got to the Goodwin part. I thought you were changing your tone saying that you believe SJ13 andWoods did not have a correct compliment to their level of play - which I would agree with. I want Goodwin as a #4 and to get snaps, but not over use him. He is the perfect tool to use sparingly and potently. I will need to review Graham this offseason more but I am not ready to yank him.

Either way, I do not think we have the correct line up to create a downfield passing game. We need what could be solved by landing a David Nelson type of WR who can move the middle and play #3 / or / a Julio Jones type that can make any route successful and bring different a full bag of variances / or / a dominant TE who can play over the top (height and size wise) of defenders physically and has the speed to break routes.

Good post topic. I'm fine w/ Woods. But Goodwin or TJ scare me as a #2. Neither are dependable enough due to injury and inconsistent play, respectively. We must add a WR either via draft or FA. Emanual Sanders from PIT would be a good add, we should have the cap space. Then cut TJ. He's the only FA WR I'm aware of as I have yet to check the list. Or grab Lee from USC if available in RD 1. We have a few huge needs, and I think adding a WR is one of them .

Anquan Boldin from SF & James Jones from GB are both UFA's.

I know Boldin is probably not realistic for the Bills to get, but I think Jones is.

Either one of these guys would be a tremendous upgrade.

I know Boldin is probably not realistic for the Bills to get, but I think Jones is.

Jones is going to be a hot commodity for FA WR's because he is 29 years old, relatively middle of the road and a good WR to add to a roster as a #2 for the weak teams or a #3 to a good team. He's the WR type that has New England, San Fran or Atlanta written all over him.

I am surprised to see you say this. Until I got to the Goodwin part. I thought you were changing your tone saying that you believe SJ13 andWoods did not have a correct compliment to their level of play - which I would agree with. I want Goodwin as a #4 and to get snaps, but not over use him. He is the perfect tool to use sparingly and potently. I will need to review Graham this offseason more but I am not ready to yank him.

Either way, I do not think we have the correct line up to create a downfield passing game. We need what could be solved by landing a David Nelson type of WR who can move the middle and play #3 / or / a Julio Jones type that can make any route successful and bring different a full bag of variances / or / a dominant TE who can play over the top (height and size wise) of defenders physically and has the speed to break routes.

Oh, believe me, I am all over the idea of a TE that can add that dimension to the offense.

Jones is going to be a hot commodity for FA WR's because he is 29 years old, relatively middle of the road and a good WR to add to a roster as a #2 for the weak teams or a #3 to a good team. He's the WR type that has New England, San Fran or Atlanta written all over him.

Then the Bills should get out there immediately and do what they can to get him.

I agree that the Bills need a better pass catching TE. I wouldn't bank on Moeaki being that guy as he's been injured throughout his career so far (don't need another Merriman situation).

I think the Bills need to surround Manuel (or the next QB) with as many weapons as possible. The defense is finally starting to come together, so it would be great to finally have a top 10 offense to go with them.

Jones would be a nice signing. A duo of Woods and Jones next season at wideout would actually be pretty exciting. But of course this is all hypothetical, assuming the team releases or trades Stevie.