New alignment?

4merper4mer

I don't like it. I understand it's about business and keeping the fans (of bad teams especially) excited. The expansion accomplishes this. But, from a game perspective, the playoffs should reward those teams which have proven themselves by excelling throughout the year. This seems like nothing more than a do-over for teams that are mediocre and who will water down the product out on the field.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this:

Atlantic: New England, NYG, NYJ, Philadelphia

North: Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh

Mid-Atlantic: Baltimore, Carolina, Tennessee, Washington

Southeast: Atlanta, Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa Bay

Midwest: Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Saint Louis Cincinnati

Mid-South: Cincinnati Saint Louis, Dallas Kansas City, Indianapolis, New Orleans

Mountain: Arizona, Denver, Houston, Kansas City Dallas

Pacific: Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle

I like this but would make the above changes

Edited by cklapka

I don't like it. I understand it's about business and keeping the fans (of bad teams especially) excited. The expansion accomplishes this. But, from a game perspective, the playoffs should reward those teams which have proven themselves by excelling throughout the year. This seems like nothing more than a do-over for teams that are mediocre and who will water down the product out on the field.

I hate the idea of playoff expansion. Why would it be needed. Almost every AFC still had a chance until at least mid December. We've already had 7-9, and 8-8 teams in. Anything that waters down the regular season is bad, IMO.

No one cares about the other conference?

No one wants the Bills to EVER play the Cowboys, Bears or Giants? No one wants to see them play against some of the greats that are making history in the other conference. It's just a whole separate league that (unless the Bills are in the Super Bowl....cough) the Bills have nothing to do with, forever?

I think that would suck.

Yes it would suck.

I want to see AFC Vs. NFC games during the regular season. That's all part of the fun.

I think it is important for sports leagues to mix it up every now and then (while preserving rivalries). Rivalries in the NFL these days are purely situational, and sometimes geography. Biggest rivalry right now? Seattle/San Francisco. 7 years ago? Indy/New England?

Miami games dont do it for me. At all. It doesnt even feel like a Divisional game half the time. (Im no youngster either). Im fairly bored with the AFC East as it is. I would much rather see the Bills in a Division with other Great Lakes teams/rust belt.

I would like to see San Francisco/Oakland in the same Division. Philly/Baltimore/Washington/Giants. Miami/Jax/Tampa/Atlanta/NO.

Just change it up, I dont know. Its been over 20 years for this current alignment and that is an eternity