Priouleaux....

As I recall, his cap hit is approx. 1 mil. Steep? Perhaps, but he is a very good special teams player.

During one of the games, one of our players screwed up (I think it was #19) and PP was yelling at him, "We dont do that here!" It was great to hear.

He may not be much of a db, but I am very hesitant to screw around with those oh so special teams. They impressed me as much with coverage than with runbacks.

I hope that he stays.

Man oh man I have argued the Wire point so much on this board. Why? What has the guy done for this team? Seriously.. Yes he's the special teams captain but, can you remember 1 play this year that he made which changed the outcome or helped the momentum of this team? Why so much love for this guy?

Man oh man I have argued the Wire point so much on this board.  Why?  What has the guy done for this team?  Seriously..  Yes he's the special teams captin but, can you remember 1 play this year that he made which changed the outcome or helped the momentum of this team?  Why so much love for this guy?

211217[/snapback]

i like C. Wire. hes no FS. but is good in defending the run.

A million against an $80,000,000.00 + cap?  Considering the vet minimum is $750K...

211235[/snapback]

good point...i think hes worth keeping for depth, because hes someone you can actually trust to play his position without his head constantly up his ass...and hes a hell of a special teamer

about the cap hit tho AD, i think the vet minimum(s) were set up so the vets make more, but it still only counts as the minimum cap hit, like 350K or something...

good point...i think hes worth keeping for depth, because hes someone you can actually trust to play his position without his head constantly up his ass...and hes a hell of a special teamer

about the cap hit tho AD, i think the vet minimum(s) were set up so the vets make more, but it still only counts as the minimum cap hit, like 350K or something...

211266[/snapback]

The cap hit from paying a vet the vet minimum also has a catch in that it counts less only after the player has some set length of NFL tenure. It was more for the 10 year (and plus) vets who were geting cut simply because of $$$ IIRC.

Mile High Posted Today, 01:13 PM

Man oh man I have argued the Wire point so much on this board. Why? What has the guy done for this team? Seriously.. Yes he's the special teams captain but, can you remember 1 play this year that he made which changed the outcome or helped the momentum of this team? Why so much love for this guy?

My guess is because Wire is a very nice guy. I have never met him, but I have seen him talk to fans, and he seems very polite. I have met his dad, and with all the work that he and Coy do for their charity group is another reason why Coy is liked so much. Wire is a good special teamer, but a so-so safety.

As far as Prioleau goes, I think we should keep him. He's a good back-up, very good on special teams, and he has been effective when called upon for a safety blitz.

A million against an $80,000,000.00 + cap?  Considering the vet minimum is $750K...

211235[/snapback]

his cap hit is actually 1.7 million -- way to much for a special teamer when a rook can do that job at 1/4 the cap hit.......

1.5 in savings for the bills when he is cut..........count on it, he won't be around........

his cap hit is actually 1.7 million -- way to much for a special teamer when a rook can do that job at 1/4 the cap hit.......

1.5 in savings for the bills when he is cut..........count on it, he won't be around........

211464[/snapback]

I agree, they will not pay him 1.5 mil. Perhaps a renogation would be in order.

I disagree with folks who bash him as I feel he is a good player who has been a difference maker from time to time (as shown in him getting the first blocked punt for the Bills in years against KC, him making several TD saving tackles when other Bills had been beaten ranging back to a couple of Chris Watson boners, some adventures in pass coverage from a young and poorly used Coy Wire, to him having the intelligence to stay in his lane on a Santana Moss last year but enough speed to chase him down from across the field, and being that Bill's rarity at the time a ballhawk who got some timely INTs and fumble recoveries which earned him his contract).

Folks have struck me as bitching about him but it strikes me as anecdotal mostly as the plays referenced above werr actual plays he made which made a difference in games.

However, I think he has never been adequately used by the Bills braintrust with GW and Gray never really finding a good consistent use for him that rought these episodic showings by him out on a consistent basis. I think they wanted to cut him because they couldn't make it work, but actually in flashes he has just been too good to cut.

Now however, the cap hit from him in 2005 creeps up to $1.6 million with most of that being base salary rather than deadspace if we cut him. Even though this is small potatoes compared to the salary cap and modern NFL salaries his postion and job are most effected by Troy Vincent being a clear and potentially dominant starter at safety. Milloy has the other starting spot.

I suspect Reese will be cut due to his errors and the default is going to be 4 safties total plus whoever makes a good ST case to keep them.

I think Rashad Baker wins one of those slots because despite him being a flawed youth but a well-regarded rookie with a lot o potential and who has a $305,000 cap hit according to the Billszone that male him a keeper.

This leaves a shootout between Wire and Prioleau for the 4th slot. Though Prioleau can cover unlike Wire you save 1.4 million cutting Prioleau and 455K cutting Wire so I think Prioleau is a goner.

This merely repeats what others have said but because I like PP I'm thinking out loud but I think he is a goner.