I just found the perfect backup for McGahee!

Talonz

The Broncos likely will seek a first- or second-round draft choice in return for Droughns. "Not to scare any teams off or anything, but we're not going to give him away," Sundquist said.

Wow that quote sounds awfully familiar.

Now do you really expect the Bills to trade away one RB for a 2nd round pick and then use that 2nd round pick to trade for another backup ?

With the amount of RB's hitting the market this year it will be difficult to trade TH. Don't be surprised if the Bills decide to keep TH on the roster for another year.

SI

I think a great fit!

211084[/snapback]

i agree with Snorom and Mark VI...this makes absolutely no sense. if we're gonna trade away the second round pick we (hopefully) get for travis just to aquire a BACKUP running back (i mean come on...WTF?), then i would rather just keep travis.

and marks thoughts are right on the money as well.

just a smidgen of common sense in new topics would be greatly appreciated. :D

i agree with Snorom and Mark VI...this makes absolutely no sense.  if we're gonna trade away the second round pick we (hopefully) get for travis just to aquire a BACKUP running back (i mean come on...WTF?), then i would rather just keep travis.

211126[/snapback]

Not to mention, if Droughns is asking for a trade, he wants to start. That ain't happenin' here. All around, it's a bad move from his perspective - the RB market is too crowded to begin with and there are too many "available" RBs better than him.

IMO, he is just another bronco RB that is a product of a great O-Line.

portis is very good, but the others are average.

211103[/snapback]

And system. Denver's RB coach preaches "get the ball, make one and only one cut, then run for as much as you can get." Obviously, between that and a line that can open up holes, it's a pretty good system for running backs.

For a reason...

211181[/snapback]

C'mon...he's not that bad. Small, shifty, a strong runner, gives great effort. Not an every-down back, but a nice change from McGahee when needed. And I'll take players like him or Damien Covington (RIP) who actually put forth some effort on the field over stiffs like Travis "Me, block?" Henry.

C'mon...he's not that bad.  Small, shifty, a strong runner, gives great effort.  Not an every-down back, but a nice change from McGahee when needed.  And I'll take players like him or Damien Covington (RIP) who actually put forth some effort on the field over stiffs like Travis "Me, block?" Henry.

211184[/snapback]

I can only imagine how the offense would look with Shaud Williams in the chute with any QB currently on the roster. Terrifying. He'll need to make a big leap this offseason to justify not using a pick or scouring the FA market for a solid #2.

I'm mostly thinking of what would happen if Willis got hurt and his backups are Williams and the pedestrian Joe Burns (who plays his ass off - especially on special teams).

C'mon...he's not that bad.  Small, shifty, a strong runner, gives great effort.  Not an every-down back, but a nice change from McGahee when needed.  And I'll take players like him or Damien Covington (RIP) who actually put forth some effort on the field over stiffs like Travis "Me, block?" Henry.

211184[/snapback]

Your anti-Travis rants are becoming tiresome.

Please show a little more respect for this sure fire first round trade bait. :P

PS: This back from Denver being on the market does NOT help at all. ;)

Your anti-Travis rants are becoming tiresome.

Please show a little more respect for this sure fire first round trade bait.  :P

PS: This back from Denver being on the market does NOT help at all.  ;)

211192[/snapback]

I don't think it really matters if droughns is out there or not. I feel that teams saw travis perform the way he did in buffallo cosistently for 3 years. Ruben really only played 8 games this year and made an impact. plus teams are going to look at denvers oline and realize his talent may be limited.

How about Moats from I belive Louisiana Tech. He's coming out this year and might drop down the board far enough for us to p/u late in the second. The kid looks like he has alot of potential. Anyone know what round he's projected.

Travis would look golden behind that chop blocking line....

I doubt very highly we'll be seeking another wannabe starter... It would be Travis all over again, and as has been pointed out... How much of Denver's RB's is their O-Line mentality?

I also do not think he'll have any effect on our attempts to deal Travis... Because Travis is more a proven commodity - though one who also proved he has problems (off field issues, running the mouthitis, fumblitis, and injury prone)...

Denver hasn't been able to trade a RB for anything substantial over the years, because people KNOW it's the O-line and system.  It will be no different for Droughns, who hasn't played enough to warrant that high of a pick.

211351[/snapback]

While Champ Bailey wasn't everything they'd hoped for... I wouldn't call him nothing...

How about Moats from I belive Louisiana Tech.  He's coming out this year and might drop down the board far enough for us to p/u late in the second.  The kid looks like he has alot of potential.  Anyone know what round he's projected.

211337[/snapback]

I saw that kid on the nfl channel college show, and have been touting him since. R.Rich and Jokeman like him, and I am waiting to hear what Badolbilz thinks about him.

From what I saw, he runs like Travis with speed (although admittedly not as strong).

He is mentioned on the TBD college boards, which I hope people show interest in this year.

>>>>>I also do not think he'll have any effect on our attempts to deal Travis... Because Travis is more a proven commodity - though one who also proved he has problems (off field issues, running the mouthitis, fumblitis, and injury prone)... <<<<<

Jason, I think that you just answered your own question. :P